User Tag List

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hey Londoners...anyone know of good deals on girls dresses this week that would be appropriate to wear to a funeral? Or even dress pants/blouses?

I have a girl (size 10) who needs something to wear. The funeral is this Thursday (Jan 6th). She's a picky little devil and growing like a weed, so I'm not prepared to dump out buckets of money on this because I'm pretty sure she'll either outgrow it right quick or hate what I choose and never wear it again.

This is our second funeral in a week (UGH) and last week when we went out, we couldn't find anything that was appropriate and if we did, it wasn't in her size. We had already tried Sears, the Sears Outlet store, Bonnie Togs, Zellers, WM, Winners, Costco and I even scanned the aisles of my local RCSS and Old Navy when I was grocery shopping/boxing-day shopping. Last week, she ended up wearing a black skirt that she already owned and a teal coloured blouse but it was quite casual looking, imo.

Are there other stores that I am missing because I feel like I've run the gamut of stores that I usually find deals at for kids' clothes. I'm west of the city, so anything in the west, north or south ends of London would be perfect. Or Strathroy because I go there too.

Thanks for your help!
    This thread is currently associated with: Bonnie Togs, Costco, Old Navy, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Sears, Winners, Zellers
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

have you tried any second hand stores?? I know it sounds bad but if she won't like it or grow out of it fast maybe you should try. there is also a store called siblings but I don't think they would have clothing for a funeral, you could try the bay maybe they have something.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hey Sabina, thanks for your reply. I got a dress today and she even likes it. Sucks that it wasn't on sale, but I've scoured so many stores over the past week and a half, I would've paid a king's ransom because I just wanted it over with.

The Bay was on my hit list today as I was scouring the city. I decided to try a different Sears since the first one had lots of dresses but none in the size that she needed and in the style that she wanted.

Second hand stores was a great idea that I hadn't even thought of. I'm not opposed to that at all. Once Upon a Child has some good stuff and I hadn't thought of it till you mentioned it. If any kid is a good candidate for second hand stores, it's this one because she's so darned picky about clothes.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. I'd not heard of siblings before; might just have to check that out!
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Im sure you can find a good deal at some of the consignment stores around like once upon a child.

Thread Information