thanx love this is what i get for grating cheese

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish_DeLight View Post
    thanx love this is what i get for grating cheese

i would be so mad these things can be so dangerous they scare me somedays

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

This is a bot off topic, sorry, but heres a lil tip so maybe you won't have to use a machine for cheese IF you were grating cheese say for pizza or anything you were going to cook or heat up, I learned this from a lady and I hate using graters as I always slice my hands. But if you freeze your cheese, take it out, put in the mic for around 5 mins, it will crumble apart just like grated cheese, just take the pack and squish it, works like a charm and is super fast. I do it all the time for my pizzas, comes out beautifully I have no more graters in the house and all my cheese is frozen (for cooking that is) If you want it to put on say salads or something not being cooked crumble apart what you need ahead of time, takes no time to thaw and tastes the same. Just a lil tidbit Sorry about your finger, it hurts I know
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by recessionisnotfun View Post
    This is a bot off topic, sorry, but heres a lil tip so maybe you won't have to use a machine for cheese IF you were grating cheese say for pizza or anything you were going to cook or heat up, I learned this from a lady and I hate using graters as I always slice my hands. But if you freeze your cheese, take it out, put in the mic for around 5 mins, it will crumble apart just like grated cheese, just take the pack and squish it, works like a charm and is super fast. I do it all the time for my pizzas, comes out beautifully I have no more graters in the house and all my cheese is frozen (for cooking that is) If you want it to put on say salads or something not being cooked crumble apart what you need ahead of time, takes no time to thaw and tastes the same. Just a lil tidbit Sorry about your finger, it hurts I know
    thats a really good idea im going to try it thank you hun

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by recessionisnotfun View Post
    awesome tip thanks

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

yer welcome. But I should mention, I have the large blocks of cheese frozen, so if you half them try 2.5 mins, you don't want it to melt. I just did that tonight, got sidetracked lol.
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

wsd
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would definitley sue...and as another poster mentioned...get a doc report. File a police report and call a consumer safety report (w.e the name of that department who handles recalls). Glad to hear you're safe though. And LOL @ the Final Destination post!! I suddenly got a craving to watch that movie

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think suing is going a bit extreme here she didn't lose a hand. It's ppl who always play the sue for this and that that makes our costs sky rocket so high on products. A complaint is warranted but suing is a bit extreme in this case.
    never judge a book by it's cover...
    You reap what you sow...
    Karmas a bi***....

wsd
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harleyrider View Post
    I think suing is going a bit extreme here she didn't lose a hand. It's ppl who always play the sue for this and that that makes our costs sky rocket so high on products. A complaint is warranted but suing is a bit extreme in this case.
    Well she got lucky it didn't get to her hand, but selling a product like this could very well cause someone to loose their hand.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

i got an e-mail from the company here it is...

xxxxx,

Our Call Centre has forwarded your message for handling. We are sorry to hear what happened with your food processor.

We would like to have your food processor returned for analysis. We are sending you a FedEx pick up label to use to return it. Please describe what you where doing when the accident happened.

Did you get medical attention?

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

xxxxx xxxxx
    National Consumer Service Manager
    Hamilton Beach Brands Canada, Inc

and here is my response i didnt send it yet

I will send out the food processor asap yet a piece of the lid did break off and I cant find it. I will look for it today. At the time i was shredding mozzarella. The lid had popped off before when i used it for other things but the food processor would stop working, yet this time when the lid popped off it went to my other counter behind me and the shredder did not stop spinning! My pointer finger on my left hand went towards the shredder and the tip of my finger well i guess i can say got shredded!!! What I don't understand is if this food processor cant shred and do the things it says on the box and puts the consumer at risk why sell it? Then just have people use it as a regular food processor. I'm just counting my blessings for not getting my finger cut off or have that blade fling at me at that speed. Yes I did get medical attention.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm glad they got right back to you, and will pay for it to be sent back to them.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

so is my response good?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

glad they got back to you.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Turkish_DeLight, I think you are handling this in a perfectly responsible, ethical and mature matter. Good for you!

Please keep us posted on what happens.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Thats horrible a new product like that would be defective. My food processor is litterly from the 80s/90s most likely, my grandmother offed to me and Ive never had a problem with it.. They don't make anything like they used to!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information