User Tag List

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    287 (100%)

Never thought of that, guess it's time to cash out
    I have started a new venture with South Hill Designs (customizable lockets and bracelets). Check out my website to learn more
    http://www.southhilldesigns.com/ca/olganorris/default

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

how do you transfer your points to AM? also my sister gave me her AM card and i want to know how many points she has anyone know how i can do this ?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ginger150 View Post
    Zellers hasn't been Canadian for a while, it was taken over by an American company a few years back.
    Wow didnt know that. Looking at Zellers through rose-coloured glasses....when I was a kid it seemed like such an awesome store back when there were Woolco stores if anyone remembers them.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Okay I posted this in my own thread, did not see this one!

I am reading all the panic here about losing HBC points and the SPC card... one poster was already kissing her SPC card goodbye in her wallet... let's take a deep breath here!

By the sounds of it, Target is not even going to start opening stores until 2013. That is two years away!!! Will they accept SPC cards? I highly doubt it. Do they have a "points" program, not that I know of.

Will they be better then Zellers? Well that depends on what you think! I personally like shopping at Target when I go to the States. However, I like it more for the stuff that I cannot find in Canada and can get there. That probably won't be the case here.

As for them being competition for Wal Mart, that is debateable as well. They are not a deep discounter like WM is. That is why they are referred to as "TAR JAY" (soft J)... it is known for it's womens and baby clothes... I always shop for my nephew down there as the prices and selection cannot be beat!

So I like the idea of Target coming here, something different. Will they have Black Friday sales here? Doubt it... Will they price match? I don't know... I thought they did in the States but could be wrong!

I know they have a Target Credit Card but I don't think they have a Points system for it.

Bottom line, no need to panic and cash out your points and cut up your HBC and SPC cards! It will take a while to convert 150 stores and I suspect they will start in the major cities first like Toronto, then move out from there!

This is not the end of the world, this is a new company that we must all learn about!
    Is it baseball season yet?

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I live close to Eastgate Square in Stoney Creek Ontario - the Walmart is moving up the road and my friend works in the mall - they had a meeting in November & they were told about Walmart leaving the mall and the old Walmart location was going to be Target. People I know who work at Walmart were told that they can either move up the street near the QEW exit or apply to Target in the fall. So I think Target is coming to some cities soon.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I looked up Target on Wikipedia to learn more about the company, from what I read I am very impressed with their environmental & health initiative in reducing sales of PVC made products and their concept of offering high-quality merchandise at low margins, by cutting expenses. And they "would much rather do this than trumpet dramatic price cuts on cheap merchandise" - i would say Canadian Tire really does this.

I think this is exciting, I hope the Alfred Sung line from Zellers will continue to be sold after this.

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theweave View Post
    Bottom line, no need to panic and cash out your points and cut up your HBC and SPC cards! It will take a while to convert 150 stores and I suspect they will start in the major cities first like Toronto, then move out from there!

This is not the end of the world, this is a new company that we must all learn about!

I agree...not sure why some of us are panicking, wanting to use up all the HBC points right away...there are still 2 years before any of this gets done, and don't forget The Bay and Home Outfitters still give you HBC points for shopping there too...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks, I have been saving my points for years! I heard tonight on the news it will be 120 stores changed to Target. Doubt it will be here where I live.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used to live in the US and I LOVE TARGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- They let you combine their in-store coupon with manufacturer coupons + they have a coupon section online where you can print out coupons (how easy is that?!)

- Target is much cleaner and organized than WM

- Did I mention that they have a lot of programs where they "give back" to the community

- They usually honor their online price mistakes (eg. I just bought the Twilight-Saga-Eclipse-Blu-ray-DVD for $5 US shipped within the US) or they give you a generous store credit for your inconvenience

I never used to shop at WM when I lived in the US because Target was so much better couponwise and qualitywise. The workers in the US usually scan coupons without checking and WE ALL KNOW THAT IT DOESN'T HAPPEN HERE IN CANADA!

So welcome Target... I can't wait to shop there!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

that is assuming target canada is as good as target usa, i mean look at walmart, walmart in the states is so much better and cheaper than here.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nadiabreckon View Post
    I agree...not sure why some of us are panicking, wanting to use up all the HBC points right away...there are still 2 years before any of this gets done, and don't forget The Bay and Home Outfitters still give you HBC points for shopping there too...
    I'm not really panicking. I certainly wouldn't do an Airmiles conversion. But I have points saved up and the only thing I would do with them anyway is cash them out for HBC gift cards and I would rather use the cards at Zellers than the Bay or Home Outfitters. So since that's what I was going to do anyway, I was thinking I would just do it now so that there are no unpleasant surprises later. Nobody really knows anything about what the transition will be like, how quickly changes will be made or even whether or not the other HBC stores will keep the program after it all happens. So it just makes sense to me to do it now before there are any hassles. I'll still collect points though and keep using them up as I go rather than saving them up.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've never been to Target so I don't know what it's like. What I would like to see is a store with better quality items that aren't outrageously expensive. But I'm not really expecting Target to be like that. I think it will probably be the same quality as other discount stores. I'd also like to see more variety. The worst case scenario for me would be to see Target take over some of the Zellers stores in my area and then have all the rest go to Walmart. I like Walmart well enough but there are already lots of them. I want some new stores. I also wouldn't mind it if, like the article I read said was being considered, they would keep a couple of Zellers stores but improve them and turn the other ones into Target.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

You get ripped off converting HBC points to airmiles. You end with about 1/2 the buying power. You do have time to use up the points and if you earn points you likely already shop in a store so just redeem for a GC when you go to shop at the service desk.

I think most zellers stores are due for a change but I still hate the idea of the profits from my money going to the US. We have so many Canadian companies left and most of the time people see that these sellouts to foreign companies are good for Canada. What about the many impacts?

http://nextyearcountrynews.blogspot....te-canada.html

This book is a really enlightening book on the subject. I found it in my local library. I think all Canadians should read it and consider the subject because we vote with our $$$$

Mel HURTIG:VANISHING COUNTRY IS IT TOO LATE TO SAVE CANADA
    ISBN-10: 0771042175

http://www.amazon.ca/Vanishing-Count.../dp/0771042175
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i wonder how fast they can get the store up and running.
    From reading the articles, alot of the older Zellers, would need to be upgraded in size.

couponlover
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

OK, peeps here is the deal check out targets website WWW.target.com then go to the bottom of the main page and see where it says coupons and click .. there our all target coupons stack able with manufacturers coupons.. lol and yes double stacking will come to Ontario... target is the bomb.. and super target is the best... the baby diapers our so cheap and so very good the clothing is nice affordable and made well and well all i can say is

i love it
    I LOVE IT
    I TOTALLY THINK ITS THE MOST BRILLIANT IDEA,

COMPARED TO ZELLERS , TARGET IS ORGANIZED AND SO VERY CLEAN... I HAVE TO SAY THE 1ST TIME IN ZELLERS AND I SWORE IT WAS A K-MART..

JUST A THOUGHT

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information