User Tag List

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Trading Score
    252 (100%)

I got the HBC mastercard last year, to get more points cause i price match and use my SPC card there .. so for me its huge that they are going to be taken over.. that means that HBC means nothing to me once they are gone, and same with using SPC is it going to be worth getting it again this july!? possibly not! .. DEPENDS ! .. man! i hope they have a good points system in place .. and take SPC
    I really need 8 Dempsters PINS will need until FEB 15 and will trade for G.C $5 your choice where

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

never was a fan of zellers.i dont live in an urban area so this doesnt affect me as much.when i go to the city i check zellers for their prices,but their stores are always a mess and i can never usually find anyone who works there...lol...i have a walmart in my town and maybe the small town mentality keeps our store above the pack.its a clean store and alof of employees i know,but hey if we ever got a target i may shop there.i like that they have big name brands at discount prices...

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crazycoupongirl View Post
    I got the HBC mastercard last year, to get more points cause i price match and use my SPC card there .. so for me its huge that they are going to be taken over.. that means that HBC means nothing to me once they are gone, and same with using SPC is it going to be worth getting it again this july!? possibly not! .. DEPENDS ! .. man! i hope they have a good points system in place .. and take SPC
    I have the HBC credit card also (not MC though)...mainly, I have to use it in order to get my staff discount (I work at home outfitters). We get 10% discount when we use our credit card, not much of a deal, but it's better than nothing! I pay it off each time I use it so I don't incur the interest that comes with it. I love getting the bonus points when I use it!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    I've never been to Target so I don't know what it's like. What I would like to see is a store with better quality items that aren't outrageously expensive. But I'm not really expecting Target to be like that. I think it will probably be the same quality as other discount stores. I'd also like to see more variety.
    Anything that I have ever bought at Target has been WAY better quality than Walmart or Zellers, their prices are really good and their sales are amazing. The variety is really good, too. Let's hope they stay like their American stores.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theweave View Post
    I know they have a Target Credit Card but I don't think they have a Points system for it.
    Their credit card gives you 5% off everyday.
    Last edited by amberley7890; Fri, Jan 14th, 2011 at 07:24 AM. Reason: spelling error

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

theweave wrote:
    "Bottom line, no need to panic and cash out your points and cut up your HBC and SPC cards! It will take a while to convert 150 stores and I suspect they will start in the major cities first like Toronto, then move out from there!

This is not the end of the world, this is a new company that we must all learn about! "

I agree.
    Strategy#1: If you get wind of your store changing, then you can cash in your points for a gift card. Don't forget that Zellers has a bank of gift card that you can buy with your HBC gift card, so you don't lose your points.
    Strategy#2: When your Zellers is converting, this is a great opportunity to stock up on nonperishable deals and bargains, using your HBC points, and getting things for free!

As theweave said, new company = new opportunities. From my experience at "Tarjay Boutique" in Florida, I have found great deals in their clothing, shoes and personal care products (Target brands are pretty good).

For me, this is a win win.

Shwa Girl.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

for all the smartcanucks out there. Have some faith in ourselves. I am sure we will find a way to find excellent deals from the new stores. we always do and we always can. that's our expertise.

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scbpooh View Post
    Wow that would be cool! It will definately be competition for WM! I wonder though... when one of our WM's pulled out of one of our biggest malls here to turn into a Super Walmart, they announced Zellers was going to be moving in to the old WM location in the mall. This was last summer already and nothing is open yet. You would think there shouldn't be too much to do when converting from one big box store to another?? Or maybe its on stand still because of this???
    LOL Ok Im quoting myself but only because i called it!

Watching our local news last night and they say that this project is currently at a stand still because they dont know if they are going to be kept as a Zellers or move in Target. Kinda pointless to put in the Zellers and have it pulled in a 1-2 years.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Target will sure be neater and tidier than Zellers.I think Target will do what Walmart did just carry the usual stuff the other retailers in Canada carry and their own store brand.Zellers employees must reapply at Target.I think they should keep all the Zellers employees except the managers and
    just shoot the people that buy stuff for Zellers for example they get way to much Christmas stuff and get rid of the people who decide where to put things in store.For example lots of things are not together that should be for example small $1.00 Javex bleach and not in the same aisle as the other bleaches in my Zellers.Get rid of the Zellers restaurants haven't ate there but I heard from a few people they are awful.
    Last edited by Poirot; Fri, Jan 14th, 2011 at 12:19 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm glad Target is finally putting Zellers out of its misery. I live near one of the Zellers stores that was supposed to be concept store to replicate Target. Its clean but annoying to navigate and have never found what I wanted. I tried shopping there when they were Canadian-owned but finally gave up. I'm not a big fan of Walmart, so I hope Target has higher quality merchandise that will win me back. I wasn't impressed by the one Target store I went to in Buffalo, but haven't been there enough times to properly evaluate.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I have always lucked out at my Zellers. It is dirty (as in old) but I can't tell you how much I have saved on the clearance racks when it is another 1/2off. A lounge suit for my mom- reg $59.00 for $10. I bought a great blazer for work for $7.00. And I bought DS two snowpants/snow jackets for a total of $27.00 in August. One for this year and one for next. They are fantastic. I could go on... that Zellers has been good to me.

On the flip side. Target is only leasing the store for the next two years or so, which means that it isn't a full complete takeover yet. It would be fully in affect '13, I think?? And I am a huge fan. They have store coupons on their website-so I taught my Mom to check there when she goes over the border to shop (lucky her!) And the housewares are fantastic. I am really looking forward to the change. I think Walmart may begin to get some stiff competition. I know that I will shop there- alot!

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

ok so since it is probABLY A GOOD IDEA TO CASH IN OUR POINTS BEFORE IT CLOSES...can you go to the teller and ask for a gift card for your points or something?I tried doing it online but it says the gift cards are only in french.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I told them so... shape up or someone will buy you guys out.. Z had the most pathetic customer service (at least where I shopped). Happy they are going.. and I told them so!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

will miss the HBC points program but looking forward to the new Target...never shopped in one but always hear great things about it
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by $avvy$hopper View Post
    will miss the HBC points program but looking forward to the new Target...never shopped in one but always hear great things about it
    The Bay and Home Outfitters will still have HBC points.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information