User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Ake, I fully agree with you!
    We should be honest with all these coupons.

"'tips on how to fool a cashier with coupons".....it is embarrassment!

>-> Oh Hai
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I am wondering something. We only use deodorant ( all 5 of us) never antiperspirant ( clogs our sweat glands, rashes, etc) and Secret ( from what I have found) only sells the latter.
    So whenever I get any coupons for $$ off "deodorant", I have trouble finding ones that are not antiperspirant. Old Spice has it, and a brand I like called Adidas. Anyone else ever had trouble finding "deodorant"?

actually under the phot it says antipersprant/ deodrants

they are very very tricky .

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    127 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AKE View Post
    Trying to pull a fast one like that, just seems dishonest to me. And it's the dishonest people that are ruining couponing for everybody. Dishonest couponers are why so many stores are refusing coupons that are printed, or limiting the # of like coupons that can be used, I've even had a few stores refuse save.ca coupons.

Further, the customer is NOT ALWAYS Right! Especially when the customer is intentionally trying to pull a fast one on the cashier and supervisor (and then laughing at them for falling for your foolery at that - that disgusts me!).

You probably won't see a problem with doing it again in the future, because otherwise why would you have posted your "'tips on how to fool a cashier with coupons", but I hope other people reading THIS post, will think about trying to pull fast one's on the cashier's and what it's doing for the rest of us...including the dishonest one's! Just think about how strict some stores are getting, then think about the reasons why...they have LOST MONEY (for whatever reason) and not been reimbursed for fake, false, or improperly used coupons.

Absolutely agree with you! Was going to give my own comments until I saw your post! Maybe people should just follow the rules. OP you should be ashamed of yourself. Customers are NOT always right, and you are DEFINATELY not right in this case. I hope they refuse your coupons next time around.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Ironically, it's situations like this that cause Jimmy to change his slogan from "I guarantee it" *sigh* was a sad day for my dad who coupon'd
    "I can't brain today, I have the dumb"

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

I have removed the 4 posts which refer to how to scam stores...SC will not tolerate this. Please do not post things that encourage people into scamming stores/cashiers.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MiltonFreecycle View Post
    Yes! I won't use anti-persperent or any deoderant that has aluminum in it. I always check the label. Yes there are some deoderants that also have aluminum and that is what causes the blockage of the glands. So even if you're buying deoderant - check the label.

Thanks for letting me know. I am the same about the aluminum thing too, always reading the labels. One brand of liquid roll-on deodorant I have used
    ( but paid full price for ) is called Naturally Fresh. The label on the back lists a company called TCCD International and seems to be in Florida.
    So unfortunately for my family, when Gillette offers all those coupons, I have to pass on them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

the local health food stores carry a few different brands; Vitamin Discounter gives discounts on the first & third Tuesday of the month (varies btween 15%, 20% and 30%)

Desert Essence, Tom's of Maine, and Alba are a few brands that come to mind.

I haven't used antiperspirant in at least 15 years, and haven't really used deodorant regularly in the last 5 or so. You can also try just applying vinegar as a natural deodorant. Currently, I'm using a handcrafted deodorant made by a local soapmaker.

(I make my own soap too, andd have looked at recipes for making homemade deodorants, just haven't gotten around to trying them.)

Auto Expiry Helper
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This thread moved to expired forum because it expired on Mon, Jan 23rd, 2012.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information