User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    19 (95%)

I really don't want to scare you here but make sure the mold is only on surface.

Here is a true story! We where renting a bungalow for 3 years plus. I always had problems with surface mold in my basement shower. Cleaned it, cleaned it again and again but it always came back. Then, I found mold in my furnace room, which was located right beside my basement bathroom. While I was trying desperetly to get rid of that darn mold it wasn't going anywhere.

I was always very tired and dizzy accompanied by nausea, basicly I had a hard time functionning and was always out of breath. My kids constanttly had nose bleed, headhaches and warts which I could not get rid of. We decided to have an city inspector come over and do a test along with a biochimist, which did an air test. Bad bad bad news the shower was leaking from behind it and the water was seeping under the floor. The air was so contaminated that we received the news that we had to evacuate immediatly.

Within 2 days we where evacuated by men dressed all in white with breathing masks. We lost all of our food, furniture, which was covered with mold behind and under where the wood is untreated, books, clothing that had padding inside (like winter coats) and many more. We lost 90% of our belongings! I still have breating problems, and it's been 8 months. My kids now have asma and must have a asma pump.

So, like I said I really don,t want to scare you, but make sure you have no leaks and that it's only surface mold.

Best of luck.
    Earn free points, get a chance to win a great contest.. Follow this link it's worth you time I swear

Or this link as well for Quebec residents..Free GC and more..

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Straight up bleach it. Just take a spray bottle and spray the heck out of it, leave it, then wash it off (or keep it on, if you can)
    The wood may have to be changed though, so it doesn't affect the dry wall, or spread anywhere else
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There is the most popular uses of the mold in the
    bathroom.... as the shop prefer the view facts....

the Mold are uses to increases the quality preference in your bathrooms..

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    32 (100%)

In our first apartment we had a really bad mould problem around our windows. The landlord wouldn't do anything about it so I had to contact the health dept. When the lady came in she told me NOT to clean it with bleach because the mixure of the bleach and mould create toxic fumes that can be deadly. She said mild soap and water with a cotton cloth. She also said to wear gloves and a mask.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

i used this microbium (sp) stuff i found at walmart today..hopefully it works.it sayd to just spray and let soak overnight and it forms a barrier? maybe...i just really dont want mold in our home we just bought a year and a half ago...

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Tea tree oil works wonderfully, and it is all natural. As quebecqueen stated, try to determine why the mould is forming in the first place, and more than half the battle will be fought! Tea tree oil doesn't need to be wiped off. I believe that it is of more benefit to leave it on. Yes, it is expensive, but very little is needed. Use it diluted (1 tsp tea tree oil to 1 cup of water) and allow it to dry. I have had success in removing the mould with soap and water and then spraying the area with tea tree oil. It seems to prevent it from returning. But beware, the odour is quite strong. It fades eventually, though.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wash the area with a cleaning solution of mild detergent and warm water.
    Let dry.
    Using these tips will clean the mold

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

is the mold gone yet?
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

if your looking for a great product to remove grout just buy Fixit Grout. That product works great on Grout lines.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yucky. We had mold in our rental apartment when we were students. Literally had mushrooms growing on the walls that's how bad it was. Landlord had to tear the whole bathroom apart and re-drywall and everything. Unfortunately, he didn't fix what was really causing the problem--which was that there was no fan or windows to help remove the moisture from showers. So I imagine that in another year or two, they probably had to re-do the bathroom.

So however you get the mold outta there (and it's important you do for health reasons!) , make sure you also address the reason behind why you're getting the mold in the first place!
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information