User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Expired
    Just going to remove my posts about this, I don't want to get anybody in trouble.

Thanks for the support everyone.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs
    Last edited by Chantel; Thu, Sep 29th, 2011 at 09:50 PM.

$power
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

For sure that would hurt Bertha.
    To see our parents humiliated makes the blood boil.
    Good for you to call and let the store know how this whole thing went down because silence = agreement.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am so sorry your mom had to deal with that. It really is totally unacceptable for them to claim it's a new "policy" when it's not.

I know how you feel about your mom being treated badly. I took my mom with me to pick up a couple things today and showed her how to price match (at the LD I work at no less) and it didn't go well. We were both treated so rudely. I usually avoid coupon shopping when this person is working but my coupons were expiring so I had no choice. But honestly it's taken me 7 months to convince my mom to come with me... not sure she'll be wanting to go again anytime soon.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

So sorry! I felt bad for your mom reading that. Mean old cashiers!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Melaniegreness click the link to sign up and search the web. You can earn things like free gift cards!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Oh I know how you feel!!. Gave my mom 2 $1 coupons good on "any" product..Pretty straight forward, but the cashier made up some rules and my mom nearly died of embarrassment. First time she ever used one. I would rather pick up products for her instead now so she doesnt have to go through that again.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Last edited by Chantel; Thu, Feb 3rd, 2011 at 09:29 PM.

KELOWNA SINCE 1990 ILUVMYPUGTOADIE's Avatar
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I feel bad for your Mom too... I know I give coupons to my Mom too and tell her they're stackable at LD and I think she only dares to use 1 anywhere. Funny though your in Kamloops and here in Kelowna they've not let me cover taxes.? Maybe just different cashiers ...

Trading Score
    126 (100%)

Same here, I live in BC, and I always have to pay the taxes on every item!
    Join Swagbucks - I've earned $150.00 so far!!
    "If you can dream it - you can do it"

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Last edited by Chantel; Thu, Feb 3rd, 2011 at 09:29 PM.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

our store in WPG will not let us use any amount of the coupon towards the cost of taxes regardless what the coupon says....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    137 (100%)

I just used a bunch of P&G coupons at RCSS for their MIR offer and there was $0.02 overage and she wasn't going to let us use them even though she had rang through our previous transactions with them and I pointed out the tax bit on the coupon, does anyone have any info on that from P&G themselves? I'd be interested in reading more about that and what they ACTUALLY mean by it. I know the VERY first time I stacked I got my total down to $5.xx but NEVER again did that happen, I think the cashier got in poop 'cause she said something to me about not being allowed to use the overage amount on other products....but that's fine I don't expect it if it happens great if not no biggy. Sorry to hear things didn't go your way and that your Mom felt embarrassed, some people just don't understand the TRUE savings of a coupon

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

The only way LD can use a coupon that allowes you to get the item completely free is fancy shinny ones with the hallograms on it. It is a free product coupon. The complany will re-emburse the store the amount with that coupon. However if its just a coupon from a paper, online, ect ect. You get it untill the item is free and you have to pay the tax.

As far as the deoderant goes, it probably went to a 'buy it now' which means london drugs isnt going to carry it anymore. When you search for it in the computers it wont show up unless you actually click a box that says 'buy it now'. I know currently london drugs is going threw alot of buy it now with OS. Why i'm not sure but they are probably coming out with new designs for their packages or new smells.
    Savings are like honey, oh so sweet.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

When it comes to "overage" for taxes...it's a hit or miss. Some will allow and some won't...even if the coupon states that. The cashier or the manager will say they have the right to refuse any coupons, which is true because if you were to contact any manufacturer, they would say they can't force a retailer to accept their coupons. As annoying and upseting it can be, there's nothing we can do about it. I have learned that it's not worth my time arguing or getting mad at this...just accept and move on. Besides...I'm already getting the product for free other than the taxes. If they allow me to apply the overage to taxes then I treat that as a bonus...not expected.

After that being said...no one likes to be treated as dirt. So I do think it's rude of the cashier and feel bad for your mom. I wouldn't want my mom to go through that either.

Trading Score
    28 (91%)

Omg I have been paying all taxes on everything I've bought! I can't believe it! now I am for sure going to be asking about taxes when I go to any store!

Trading Score
    387 (100%)

pming you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information