User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi all! First, I thank you all for keeping me informed on the sales and coupons on a daily basis...I have been saving a fortune, and have a good stock of stuff tucked away for Xmas already.

Now, I went to SDM for the deal on the Gilette deo with bonus razor...3 SDM's near me didn't get them in...they did, however, have the large sized Head and Shoulders with the same type bonus razor...I used the $2.50 off coupon for the H&S, and paid $2.50...did this 4 times. They also had Colgate on the clearance shelf for 0.25, so I grabbed 4, and used the $1 off coupon. I did this 4 times, too. At the third store, they had my color of Clairol hair color on clearance for $2.00, so I paid $1 for 2. Did this twice. Olay Classic moisturizer was on the clearance shelf for $2.00, I got the last 2, so they were free (reg price is $11.99!!) with my $2 off coupons. I was going to stock up on the Gilette stuff, since clearly I wasn't going to get the deo/razor deal, but they had another clearance shelf, lol...the Profusion Xmas set includes a prewash/exfoliator, the shave gel, and the razor, marked down to $5.00 (reg price was $19.99!!), so I got 3 for $10, and used the $2 off coupon for the last one! Febreze candles and Luminaires starter kits were $2, and I had the $2 off coupons when you buy 2 (holiday and winter scents), and I got 4 of those.
    Sooo, I went to the cash, and the girl argued absolutely EVERY coupon I had. She said I couldn't use them on gift sets, I couldn't use it to make an item free, I couldn't use the coupon to buy multiples (even tho that IS the coupon...B1G1, etc). I stood my ground, and politely asked her to get a manager to sort it out...she REFUSED, and then tried to serve the lady behind me! I waited, and when another cashier came up, I explained the situation, and she looked everything over, and told girl #1 to ring it thru, it was all legit. I admit, I was pretty smug...even more so when I looked at the bill in the car, and realized that she didn't read ANY of my coupons, and rang them ALL in as $5 off ALL of the Gilette and Febreze stuff, which meant I got all 10 items for FREE!!! Woohoo!
    I didn't realize until a few mins ago that you're limited to using 4 P&G coupons at a time...so it's a super duper extra bonus!

thanks for letting me share, and happy shopping to all!
    This thread is currently associated with: Olay, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Nice score! Too bad you had to argue with the sales clerk. At least you had the courage to stand your ground

discounter
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

I was going to use the $2.50 coupon, but it siad I have to buy both HS shampoo and condtioner, so I just use the $1 coupon.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

nice brag!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Wow! You sure got the last laugh in the end! WTG!
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

wonderful shopping, the customer is always right (lol) especially when we are members of sc.

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

nice
    Want Amazon.ca or other gift cards? Join Swagbucks and Irazoo! $515 redeemed to date.

My blog: http://seapotato.blogspot.com/

Thread Information