User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: I have lung cancer mastesized to the ribs and only months to live.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry to hear. Hopefully you won't have to deal with too much pain. It's an awful addiction. I tried for years to get my daughter's mother to quit smoking without success.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Sandra (litesandsirens) above has said everything so well. Eric, thank you for sharing your story and I'm sorry to hear the bad news. Stay strong and I hope you'll find love and joy in those around you. My thoughts are with you.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I was so moved by your story. I hate smoking for a reason!

I wish your family the best and that your pain can be eased.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

eric 52, Thank you for being so strong in sharing your story as it may save the life of someone else. I wish you the best, you and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Prayers and positive thoughts to you and your family.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

mle
    Female
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am so sorry to hear this news. I wish you and your family the best through this difficult time.

I have heard about some drugs in clinical trials and such that have been recently proven to help cancer patients (one is by pfizer I believe). It is a clinical trial and only a few have been done around the world, but if you are looking for a treatment and are willing to try anything perhaps you could look into it. It is a drug that, in some patients, has shrunken lung cancer tumors- but only certain types as far as I know. I think there are some other drugs but I'm not sure about the topic, it's just something I've heard about. I'm not sure if you are looking into any such options but I felt the need to let you know of such options in case you and your family are.

Thanks for sharing your story and having such great courage & strength. Best wishes to you and your family & I hope you at least feel a little better.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm so sorry to hear this. It hits home for me. My father fought lung cancer for 14 years, he never smoked a day in his life, but his was caused from his work and being around asbestos.

It is a hard. I'm sending prayers your way. Take care.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Hi Eric,

Thanks for sharing. I hope that your message does help someone quit or even start smoking. I never smoked, but everyone else around me smoked when I was groing up so I hate smoking for that reason, and also the fact that it contributed to my parents early deaths, one by cancer and one by coronary heart disease. I hope your remaining time will be as pain free as possible. I will show this to my son who is 14. He knows that we are against smoking, but anything that really drives home the point cannot be bad.

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

like others have said, i feel you are very brave to share your story on an open forum with us. i wish you and your family all the best and will keep you in my thoughts. my cousin is currently trying to quit smoking, he's just a bit younger than you, and has only lasted 24 hours so far. i will show him this and hopefully it will give him that spark to finally quit for good.

good luck to you.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Thank you for sharing your story Eric. I wish your family nothing but the best

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Thank you for sharing this. I am an ex-smoker and sometimes I feel like having one even tho it's been years. Then I hear stories like yours and I am reminded of why I quit. I pray you will be surround by your family and that their love for you as well as your love for them will provide you comfort and peace during the final chapter of your life.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Melaniegreness click the link to sign up and search the web. You can earn things like free gift cards!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

i am very sad to hear this unforchanetly i know a few people that smoke like theres no tomorrow hoping your story touches the hearts of many smokers i will be praying for you and your family *hugs*

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dear Eric, your avatar always makes me smile.

My Dad died of lung cancer at 62. Pretty much your story. He had a sore shoulder that wouldn't go away. He was given six weeks and held on for six months (he had some stuff he needed to sort out and the day after it was settled, he left us).

Don't do anything with your time that you don't REALLY want to. He tried the trials that the BC Cancer Society wanted him to. He stopped because he felt it made him worse.

Enjoy your time, love your family, and without being too selfish do whatever you want to do.

If the morphine doesn't cut it after a while or your appetite gets bad ask about Nabilone.

If they tell you to use Boost/Ensure try it over ice cream or mixed up with it to make it a shake. My Dad enjoyed it that way.

Take care

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I honestly want to say thank you for sharing Eric.

My Dad who is 58 has been smoking since he was 13 and still is and I hope you don't mind but I will be showing him this thread when I go to visit him next. I worry so often about him and his smoking and whether it will lead to cancer. I want him to read and see how you are and I'm hoping and praying it will get him to quit. I know it may be to late but late is better than nothing.

I am so so sorry you have to go through this and I wish you and your family only the best and I really do hope you come through this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Eric your story almost put me into a full on water works. I'm so sorry to hear this. I cannot imagine what you and you family are going through right now. I'm 22 years old and have been smoking for a number of year. This is a real eye opener and makes me want to re think smoking. My son is 5 years old and does not have father due to a drug overdoes. I do not want him to grow up with no parents at all. It takes alot of courage to tell your story. It has curtainly hit close to home for me. I hope your story encourages others to quit in time! Again I'm so sorry that this has happened to you!

Stephanie from Winnipeg, MB
    22 years old

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information