User Tag List

Page 2678 of 3022 FirstFirst ... 1678 2178 2578 2628 2668 2676 2677 2678 2679 2680 2688 2728 2778 ... LastLast
Results 40,156 to 40,170 of 45330
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only)

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today's Sleuth, found on theDell - Inspiron Laptop in Ice Blue on page 3:

The answer is "PHOTO"
    The previous answer was "TROUBLE".
    Last edited by truenorthstrongnfree; Thu, Mar 4th, 2010 at 09:32 AM. Reason: added location
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred404 View Post
    Good morning, everyone!

Thanks for the overnight answers, although I'm sure sometimes I spend more time finding them on SC than I would going through each of the a, b & c options in trivia. It's still more fun though, and I get to keep up with the chatter!
    abc works everytime also

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy123 View Post
    But then someone will argue that we have to remove "native" because it might offend immigrants. Where does the silliness end?
    You spoke too soon. Two words: Howard Moscoe. Early 90's.
    Courage is not the absence of fear but acting in spite of it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For today's sleuth, look up 3 posts to Truenorthstrongandfree.
    Last edited by dorrdon; Thu, Mar 4th, 2010 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Tood slow....
    TDV

Don

Rock and Reggae Rules OK! tartanrocker's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 6ffightr9 View Post
    Nice temperment never heard anything derogatory about them. Bernese dogs were my favourite. One of the guys at the fire hall use to bring his to work on days when no one was home to look after it. Then one day I was leaving to go home in the morning the dog came up to me like always. I patted him and he walked away I turned my back to hang up my bunker gear and felt a tug on the bottom of my pants and then a sharp pain in the back of my thigh. The dog had bit me and when I turned to punch the dog it was already running away. Another guy heard the commotion and came over i told what had happened and he told that the dog had gotten him a couple of times and him and the owner were best friends and the dog knew him. Apparently this was a common thing for this dog and the owner didn't know what to do. So now that Bernese dogs to me are like any other dog they are no longer my favourite.
    ....so this dog had a history of doing that, and the owner didn't know what to do?!?!?!.....um, how about either tying the dog up while he was at work, or better yet.....LEAVE THE DOG HOME!!!.....what an idiot to bring an untrustworthy dog around, then let it run free.....don't punch the dog, PUNCH THE OWNER!!!!......
    .......with both of my big dogs, job 1 was to let them know who was boss dog, and that was me....no WAY could they know that those teeth could make them top dog!!!......when they were pups, I held them down gently by the neck till they stopped squirming and looked at me.....dominance asserted ( I got all the family members to do this).....I took their food away when they ate, then gave it back....I rubbed and patted them all over while they were eating....I went thru the door first before them.....they NEVER slept with me, or were up on the couch beside me.....no problems with my old dog, or this big one now.....
    ....I'm so sorry you had to experience that, 6ffightr9......completely unacceptable......from any dog, no matter what the size or breed.......TR:-(
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by feetfrown View Post
    abc works everytime also
    Nice, I'll try that tomorrow. I usually just try each option til i get it right..lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I have a long haired mini weiner, hes hilarious
    ...I got one of those too!!!....she's a red dapple, and she's just a button!!!....I was never one for little dogs, but this one has my heart....LOL!!!.....TR-)
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tartanrocker View Post
    ....so this dog had a history of doing that, and the owner didn't know what to do?!?!?!.....um, how about either tying the dog up while he was at work, or better yet.....LEAVE THE DOG HOME!!!.....what an idiot to bring an untrustworthy dog around, then let it run free.....don't punch the dog, PUNCH THE OWNER!!!!......
    .......with both of my big dogs, job 1 was to let them know who was boss dog, and that was me....no WAY could they know that those teeth could make them top dog!!!......when they were pups, I held them down gently by the neck till they stopped squirming and looked at me.....dominance asserted ( I got all the family members to do this).....I took their food away when they ate, then gave it back....I rubbed and patted them all over while they were eating....I went thru the door first before them.....they NEVER slept with me, or were up on the couch beside me.....no problems with my old dog, or this big one now.....
    ....I'm so sorry you had to experience that, 6ffightr9......completely unacceptable......from any dog, no matter what the size or breed.......TR:-(
    All great advice, Tartan! We have one dog- our oldest- who thinks she's the boss and she hadn't had any of this done. Luckily, she's only 14lbs and not mean at all, so it's really just a matter of pushing her off the furniture. We get large labs, rotties and bouviers in here and she puts them all in their place.

I can blame that one on my wife. She got that dog with her ex, so I had nothing to do with it!....lol
    Are there any SUBURBAN legends?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning!

Chers1, Bigred404, thank you!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 6ffightr9 View Post
    Are you a cat lover?
    Why, do they have Bernese cats?[/quote]
    ...LOL!!!...well, close....they're called Burmese.....I crack up at people who tell me Kira is their favourite dog breed ever....a "Burmese" mountain dog....uh-huh!!!.....TR
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy123 View Post
    But then someone will argue that we have to remove "native" because it might offend immigrants. Where does the silliness end?
    Come to think of it... this offends me as a non-aboriginal person. I say change that line, too. How about "Our home and taken land?"
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by waynethegolfer View Post
    Good morning all 10 on Saturday 11 on Sunday .........FORE
    A friend of mine has had 3 games in this winter .... in the GTA. According to him it was real Golf. Not frozen tundra, winter golf.

I didn't participate because it still was a little too chilly - even with my (native) Canadian blood. I have two standards: I really have to think about going out in the fall when the temperature is hovering around 10-13. But, come the spring, 10 is JUST FINE!!
    Courage is not the absence of fear but acting in spite of it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, there was TV back in my youth....even commercials...

man, my hair used to shine....sunglasses needed to cut the glare...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tartanrocker View Post
    Why, do they have Bernese cats?
    ...LOL!!!...well, close....they're called Burmese.....I crack up at people who tell me Kira is their favourite dog breed ever....a "Burmese" mountain dog....uh-huh!!!.....TR[/quote]
    I had a Sable Burmese cat.. she was small, and a coat like a mink..chocolate brown...she was so beautiful..I named her Tootsie Roll
    "Toots" for short..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This day in Canadian History - B
    Sports Trivia - C
    City Nicknames - B
    Hoakes and Urban Legends - C

Sleuth

The answer is "PHOTO"
    The previous answer was "TROUBLE".

Thread Information