User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Canada Wide Deals for People with Special Needs

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

Not sure if you are aware of this but Cineplex has teamed up with Autism Speaks Canada and are now offering Sensory friendly viewings of movies.
    http://www.cineplex.com/Theatres/SensoryFriendly

We just went to see Minions and it was great. The sound was at a wonderful level and nobody cared when my child had a meltdown because Mommy had no coins for the toy machine they so lovely placed right by the bathroom. If you have an Access 2 Entertainment card you have to pay at the show as you can't do it online. Enjoy!
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

I took my son on a 4 day vacation using only public transportation. He's 6.... and thought it was the best vacation ever! ...lol We travelled by passenger bus, Via rail train, taxi, city bus, horse & trolly, passenger ferry to (and around) Halifax... I think it was more of a big deal for me leaving the car at home (it's my security blanket!)!! He LOVES trains, so I thought I'd better get him on a train before they become obsolete!! He was so excited getting on all these modes of transportation!!! We even took harbour tours on Theodore Tugboat and the Harbour Hopper. He wasn't even a little bit relunctant hopping on! We hung around the waterfront (lots of people) and went swimming at the hotel pool (with a waterslide, of course! haha) I never would have attempted this 2 years ago. We both can't wait to do this again next summer!!

i wish I had thought of getting the Access 2 card because we hit a few of these places! Oh well.... lesson learned!
    Last edited by hogama; Tue, Aug 11th, 2015 at 02:25 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

glad too see you guys had a great time Kool-Aid &Hogama it feels nice to have no one care when your kid meltdowns and people arnt straing at you on whats going on . I get sick of people who don't understand Autism and think you can deal with them in the same way as normal kids. I almost lost it on my dentist if my son wasn't there . Some people are great and get it and some are so blinded by what really goes on but throw there 2 cents in . God bless these companies for helping out kids with special needs I think its great
    hogama likes this.

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I work at Christian Horizons and we received an e-mail about the CNE - it stated that the CNE is free for anyone with a developmental disability and an accompanying person (staff or family or worker etc.).

We're planning a large day trip there with work, but kudos to the CNE for making it free! It makes it easier for my guys to be able to buy some food and treats there!
    hogama likes this.

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Here's the link for the CNE - it actual includes any visible physical or mental disability.

http://theex.com/main/guest-info/guestpolicies

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information