User Tag List

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Thanks for all your kind thoughts...as each day passes, we are each one day closer to getting better :0)

DaneCrazySCNewbie fourfurryfeet's Avatar
    Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Hope your family gets better soon kk008

Ok, the link isn't working for me for the article!
    What do you mean you didn't use a coupon??????

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Link is fixed to the article - for real this time. Check it twice this time.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Hi everybody,

Glad to learn from other experiences, tips and suggestions. Here's my opinion:

1. Share an experience (good or bad) with a cashier and check out that you had recently.
    I tried the other day to buy 4 Advil nighttime ( $3.99) at SDM using 4X$4 off coupons. First I was denied to have 4 boxes because the coupon says 1 per purchase. I smiled and asked : but how many purchases am I making? The cashier said that this is my interpretation of "purchase" and she asked the supervisor's opinion who didn't agree with me as well. Ok, so I purchased only one. When I looked at my receipt I realized she didn't scan my optimum card. The receipt stated" You could have earned 1030 points if you used an optimum card". I went back and asked the cashier to scan my card. She said that for the purchases under $1 I don't get any points.I said, no problem, just scan it, please. She was annoyed and I felt humiliated. After such experiences I need some time to recharge my batteries...

2. What tips or advice do you have to offer the group? What's worked for you?
    Most of the time I don't insist as I am shy and don't want to get cashiers in trouble. My advice would be to make cashier friends first if you use to buy from the same store and they know you.

And Feedback Please

1. What did you think of the interview format for sharing information?
    That was great!

2. What do you think about posting "2 things" that go together all at once?
    More information, more power. It's a good thing.

Last edited by okgirl; Tue, Mar 15th, 2011 at 01:42 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Playing catch up as best as I can. I think trains can be both good and bad. I joined a train that really didn't have anything for me once it made its way to me. I grabbed a couple of coupons for people I know, replaced and called it good.

I would like to conduct a special kind of train but I am just not up to the demands of conducting right now.

I have also figured out how to place a link, I did it in my signature line. Still have some reading to do and picture work to do but I'm working on it steadily.

Had a few issues pop up that threw me off schedule. sorry.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

No rush to do things - just when it fits in. But we do love to hear from you of course when you can, don't we Divas?

Quote Originally Posted by BVOGT30 View Post
    Playing catch up as best as I can. I think trains can be both good and bad. I joined a train that really didn't have anything for me once it made its way to me. I grabbed a couple of coupons for people I know, replaced and called it good.

I would like to conduct a special kind of train but I am just not up to the demands of conducting right now.

I have also figured out how to place a link, I did it in my signature line. Still have some reading to do and picture work to do but I'm working on it steadily.

Had a few issues pop up that threw me off schedule. sorry.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Here we go...another catch up

Your Activities

1. Share an experience (good or bad) with a cashier and check out that you had recently.

I went to WM and was buying 3 items (milk, board game and box of cereal). I told the cashier I had coupons I needed to get out of my binder for her. She said "okay". I apologized for taking so long she told me not to worry. When I handed her the two coupons she said "Is that all you have? I thought there would be more". I said "Nope, I only have 3 items and 2 coupons I think that's pretty good". I saved $7 and spend $14. She told me that was pretty good. It was a nice positive experience that I wish I had more of!

Take your time and be extra polite. The nicer I am the nicer everyone else seems to get. Then when you tally up your savings share a smile and offer tips if the cashier or person behind you wants it.

And Feedback Please

I really liked it.

I think it helps things more along a bit better and helps get the mind rolling a little more.<!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- sig -->

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kk008 View Post
    Just checking in to quickly say my whole family is sick now(coughing/body aches/fever), dropping one at a time...yikes since Wednesday.....so haven't been shopping, on the computer, couponing or anything...gonna be a little while I think. At least I save more money and less stock-piling...I know there are plenty of opportunities galore to come, so not crying over it....lol.
    When I can will get up-to-date hopefully within a week.

I am just popping in ...thanks for the wishes for my furr baby am taking her back to the vet tomorrow an hopefully they can do something more for her and she gets better.....AND things settle down as I Aaam having SC withdrawl

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Hope she's okay Jezzee.

DaneCrazySCNewbie fourfurryfeet's Avatar
    Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Here we go...another catch up

Your Activities

I went to WM and was buying 3 items (milk, board game and box of cereal). I told the cashier I had coupons I needed to get out of my binder for her. She said "okay". I apologized for taking so long she told me not to worry. When I handed her the two coupons she said "Is that all you have? I thought there would be more". I said "Nope, I only have 3 items and 2 coupons I think that's pretty good". I saved $7 and spend $14. She told me that was pretty good. It was a nice positive experience that I wish I had more of!

Take your time and be extra polite. The nicer I am the nicer everyone else seems to get. Then when you tally up your savings share a smile and offer tips if the cashier or person behind you wants it.

And Feedback Please

I really liked it.

I think it helps things more along a bit better and helps get the mind rolling a little more.<!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- sig -->
    hehe, that's awsome "is that all you have" I would LOVE a cashier like that...mind you I can't complain I have had some amazing luck lately!! WTG wit the awsome cashier!
    What do you mean you didn't use a coupon??????

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Thanks FurryFeet. That cashier was amazing. I almost felt like a slacker because I didn't have a coupon for the milk. LOL I hope I get to go through her till next time I go to WM!!

Jezz-let us know how the kitty is. I've been wondering about her.

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

Your Activities

I have never really had a completely AWFUL experience at a checkout, of course I have had some cashiers deny my coupons, but I just told them it was no problem, that I would just take them to their competitors store instead (that ticks them off lol)
    Usually, the cashier is really impressed with my savings, and questions where I get the coupons from. (Which is why i recently ordered some business cards from vista print. The cards have my email address, and links to SC's website,save.ca,brandsaver,gocoupons AND.. I through in my referral for swagbucks LOL hey ya never know right!)

I always do a "cashier walk by" to see who is working, if I recognize any cashiers(perhaps I have checked out with one who never gave me a hassle with coupons before) I always try and remember them for next time. If I don't see anyone familiar, my second option is: To look for a young male. They are like robots, they scan in your items and deduct the coupons without ever looking twice or blinking an eye. So far this has been fool proof and I have NEVER had an issues with a young male cashier lol. Older ladies are hit and miss. Some LOVE to see you saving money, Others act like your taking the coupon money out of their paychecks. I think it's important to be friendly, polite and make sure all your coupons and items are organized before you head to the cash.

And Feedback Please

It was pretty cool =) no complaints here!

I think it worked well to stay on topic
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Thanks FurryFeet. That cashier was amazing. I almost felt like a slacker because I didn't have a coupon for the milk. LOL I hope I get to go through her till next time I go to WM!!

Jezz-let us know how the kitty is. I've been wondering about her.
    furr baby Emilie is doing better she is not out of the woods yet but I will take any signs of improvement Thanks for asking

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

So glad she's improving- do they know what's wrong?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Your Activities
    I recently had a horrible cashier experience. I wrote about it in a different thread:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/190250-update-never-had-work-so-hard-1-free-softlips-canada/

I find my shopping experiences vary depending on my interaction with various cashiers.

2. What tips or advice do you have to offer the group? What's worked for you?.
    I've been told by kind cashiers that I am very polite (I am a "Yes ma'am" and "Thank you ma'am" kind of person.) I also chat with them, ask about their day/shift, makes small talk and light jokes. I agree with Orv too.....I TOTALLY cashier profile. I look for cashiers I have been to in previous visits that are good with coupons or I got to the young males or I pick cashiers that look genuinely DISINTERESTED in their job....these groups of cashiers just ring through the coupons with no problems.....those shopping experiences are bliss!!

And Feedback Please
    1. What did you think of the interview format for sharing information? 2. What do you think about posting "2 things" that go together all at once?
    Everything has been perfect!! Sorry for being a little behind on my responses to the activities.
    Last edited by middleclassmom; Sun, Mar 20th, 2011 at 03:19 AM.

Really looking for diaper coupons for my DIAPER DONATION COLLECTION!!

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information