User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    346 (100%)

It's fixed so if you want to read the discussion on "how much" things are worth, take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by caroman View Post
    thanks. I got a message from the other person to not send the stamps maybe they would get more bread coupons in soon. I think I'll just say 'no thanks' and try to find someone else who has them.
    thanks for the link, I tried looking for the thread but couln't find.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giving-Small View Post
    It's fixed so if you want to read the discussion on "how much" things are worth, take a look.
    thanks, I was wondering what I supposed to learn from the link I got before.
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Hello everyone! I'm Alixana (you can call me Ally), I live in Coquitlam, BC with my DH and DD. DD#2 is coming around April-May, so I am kind of ramping up on my couponing.

I never really used coupons before, until I had DD. I started out with of course baby stuff, but now I do use them for other stuff as well. I am a little bit brand loyal, but with DH's healthy diet, and reading more of the nutritional values of the foods I buy, I've been trying out new brands as well.

I blog as well. I actually have 2 blogs going on right now. The first is my review/giveaway blog (link in my siggy), but I also include posts about my family. Right now it's mostly about my pregnancy. My 2nd blog is about my foray into handmade jewelry (http://jemmasdesigns.com) ... Michael's coupons have been great helping out with this new venture of mine.

Check this link out to see how I organize my coupons. I did the review last year, but I still use the book today.

http://themommydiariesblog.com/2009/...-giveaway.html

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Ally -- that's a great starter out coupon organizer book. Love it. Especially the "use today" and "checkout" pouches. I need those.

And super to have another video show and tell!
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Trading Score
    252 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm Alixana (you can call me Ally), I live in Coquitlam, BC with my DH and DD. DD#2 is coming around April-May, so I am kind of ramping up on my couponing.

I never really used coupons before, until I had DD. I started out with of course baby stuff, but now I do use them for other stuff as well. I am a little bit brand loyal, but with DH's healthy diet, and reading more of the nutritional values of the foods I buy, I've been trying out new brands as well.

I blog as well. I actually have 2 blogs going on right now. The first is my review/giveaway blog (link in my siggy), but I also include posts about my family. Right now it's mostly about my pregnancy. My 2nd blog is about my foray into handmade jewelry (http://jemmasdesigns.com) ... Michael's coupons have been great helping out with this new venture of mine.

Check this link out to see how I organize my coupons. I did the review last year, but I still use the book today.

http://themommydiariesblog.com/2009/...-giveaway.html

Hi Aly, Great blog on the couponizer, I think its a better idea then the one i use.. see even us oldies learn a few things from the newer members..

I also would love to see more of the jewelry when you have it up and on your site..

welcome and thanks for sharing some info about yourself
    I really need 8 Dempsters PINS will need until FEB 15 and will trade for G.C $5 your choice where

Trading Score
    252 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giving-Small View Post
    Good for you for diving in -- Trading was going to be Thing 5.
    I can post trading info early if people want that in this group?

Now this trade .. hmm ... not sure what to think. I know sometimes I think I have 4 coupons and it's 3.

There are people who only want to trade for bigger trades - 10 seems arbitrary but maybe it works for them. So if these were $1 off coupons, it's usually 2 to 3 stamps for stamps. There is at thread about trade values but it's just a guideline.

If the trader has a high rating and you want the coupons still, I'd consider doing the trade. PM them and say something like since they only have 5 and there's nothing else on the list that you want do they want to do the trade for 2 stamps?

Crazycoupongirl -- what do you think?
    I agree Giving-Small, I think that I would ask for the 5 coupons at two stamps, maybe mention your new, and still trying to get a feel for the site, and hopefully they will do the trade. I usually do the trades but not everyone would want to if its not for a certain amount its understandable.. but I wouldn't let it get to you, just keep trying others, maybe do a search ( giving-small if we explain how to search trade lists ) for someone else that may have that particular coupon posted on their trade list and try and trade with someone else. I don't think i've ever heard of this particular coupon you are speaking of, I would think someone else would glady trade you
    I really need 8 Dempsters PINS will need until FEB 15 and will trade for G.C $5 your choice where

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Okay Deal Dazzlers let's go on to Thing 2.

And an exciting thing it is too.

I decided finding coupons and using Smart Canucks to do that (where/what threads) is a fundamental couponer skill. If you just know how to do that, you're 90% of the way there.

It's amazing what this community of volunteers creates and maintains to help us all find and use coupons.

So a big thank you to all the folks who maintain the threads mentioned in this new slidecast.

Your Activities:

1. Share one thing that was new (or not - don't be shy to say you had this section covered) from this slideshow
    2. Find a thread where people are discussing coupon etiquette that you found useful e.g. is it Okay or not Okay to print lots, take 1/2 a pad of coupons from the store, etc. Post the link here to the thread. TIP: How do you make a link in a post? See instructions 2 posts down.
    3. Tell us what your favourite coupon is so far.

Link to the show:
    http://www.slideshare.net/GivingSmal...s-part-1/1/yes
    Last edited by Giving-Small; Tue, Feb 22nd, 2011 at 07:51 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kerrylynn View Post
    Today I was shopping @ No Frills and when I was handing the cashier my coupons she told me I was only able to use 10$ in coupons, that is the limit. I gave half my coupons to my bf to pass through for me and I passed the rest myself. Is this true about a 10$ coupon limit @ No Frills?
    Hello,
    I am trying to follow the rules about visitors. Hope I can reply here to the No Frills question.

Kerrylynn,
    If a no Frills cashier limits my coupons to $10, I would simply smile politely, use my $10 worth of coupons and leave the rest of the items on the check out belt, that I was planning to use with coupons.

I would take my purchases to my car, and then, go back in the store, get the remaining items I left behind, find a new cashier, and continue with my coupons.

I do not argue with the cashiers - they are following the store's "rules". But, I shop by my own rules. If I have coupons, I will use my coupons the way I want to!
    Shwa Girl

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

How to Make a Link in a Post?

1. You write some words for your link such as This is my first link.
    2. You copy the URL from the page you want to go to ie. http://www.smartcanucks.ca/ etc etc.
    3. You highlight This is my first link with your mouse.
    4. Click on the blue globe icon with a link of a chain over it - see red arrow in the image just above.
    5. It'll pop up a box for you to fill in the URL.
    6. Paste the URL into the box making sure there is ONLY ONE http:// at the beginning.
    7. Click okay.
    8. Save your post.
    9. To test, click on your link, hopefully it'll go where you intended.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Shwa Girl - awesome post - thanks for dropping in and posting this.

Some of us do this when it says one coupon per purchase and the cashier says that means you can only use coupons on the first deoderant. Calmly reply, ok. I'll pay for this one and then you can ring each of these up individually. I did that with 20 boxes of rice krispy squares one night at Walmart when a supervisor told the cashier that's how she had to do it.

There is a lot of confusion about "one coupon per purchase" and "one coupon per transaction".

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That video was very interesting with lots of good information. Thank you!
    I must say that I enjoy hunting for coupons when I am out and about, never really understood why people ignore them.
    Because I have never found a store in my town that will take printable internet coupons I found that section the most interesting.
    Never realized that I had to put special software on my computer so that I actually could print some of them!
    Love the sticky on save.ca etc, that is one area I use all the time!
    I did some searching on coupon etiquette and really liked the discussion on this thread , its amazing how many different opinions people have!
    I can't say that I have any one favourite coupon, any FPC for a product that I use is fine by me!
    Really looking forward to part 2 of Spotting Coupons!
    Thanks for all your work.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

-Great video. I was aware of all the coupon locations (a few days ago I found the thread about places to find coupons) that you listed but not really interested before. The only time I seemed to use tear pads was when I would be purchasing the item specified and the coupon was right in front of my face. The same goes for the peelies. I've thrown out many coupons from cereal boxes etc. over the years because I personally didn't use the product inside. Oh well, onwards and upwards from here.LOL.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    -I have been using save.ca,brandsaver etc. to request coupons I wanted but recently I've been requesting ALL the coupons. Who knows, maybe items will go on sale, I can trade coupons and give away. I been to different threads where people are talking about coupon etiquette such as using expired coupons, ones for the states etc. but this link here was the easiest to find when I went looking. It’s interesting to see what opinions are out there. Last week was the first time I went searching for coupons in stores. I took a few collar coupons and felt like I was stealing (I know it's not but for me, I felt guilty). I don't think I'll be doing that again unless I actually use the product. It was like a game at the time and was exciting to find coupons.
    -My favourite coupon? T4T(toonies for tummies) has a b2 Rougemont apple juice get .50$ off. I was in Food Basics and was able to p/u apple juice for .75$ each. I used 4 coupons at once even though the coupon says 'one coupon per purchase. I haven't been back as I'm reluctant of try a bunch of coupons at the same time again. I'm trying to work up the courage to speak with the cashier about buying a couple cases of apple juice all at once.
    <o:p>I can't wait for part deux.</o:p>
    Last edited by caroman; Thu, Feb 24th, 2011 at 09:54 AM. Reason: indents
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

By the way, I did my first trade yesterday.An experianced member with a high trade rating contacted ME about my trade list. We worked out a trade that I felt positive about. Can't wait to get the coupons and a trade rating!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

I have went back another day and the cashier had lied to me or does not know any better, they can scan up to 10$ anything after that the supervisor has to override it. Next time I go and she is there I will let her know that she is wrong and to get the supervisor to override it! Great tips though and ty

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Hello,
    I am trying to follow the rules about visitors. Hope I can reply here to the No Frills question.

Kerrylynn,
    If a no Frills cashier limits my coupons to $10, I would simply smile politely, use my $10 worth of coupons and leave the rest of the items on the check out belt, that I was planning to use with coupons.

I would take my purchases to my car, and then, go back in the store, get the remaining items I left behind, find a new cashier, and continue with my coupons.

I do not argue with the cashiers - they are following the store's "rules". But, I shop by my own rules. If I have coupons, I will use my coupons the way I want to!
    Shwa Girl
    Last edited by kerrylynn; Sat, Feb 26th, 2011 at 07:45 AM.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Caroman - great that you've started trading and you feel positive -- that's the outcome you want - a trade where you feel good.

You mentioned this " I used 4 coupons at once even though the coupon says 'one coupon per purchase."

If you mean you used 4 coupons and bought multiple apple juices that is just fine. Each apple juice is a purchase.

However if it say "one per shop" or "one per transaction" then you could only use one when you go through the till.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information