User Tag List

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Great discussion and some really interesting threads on coupon etiquette - how many coupons to take off a tear pad; list of printables, etc.

I've been a bit slower posting part 2 due things being busy around here -- at a soccer tournament that my son is playing in.

So here is Part 2. I've simply done a slide show with no audio track this time. Let me know what you think. Does it work? Would you prefer it with audio?

View slideshow

Thing 3: Activity

1. Where have you found the most coupons so far?

2. Where else can you find coupons?

• Can you spot a couple of "big" ways I left out?
    • Share other ideas that you have for finding coupons

3. Go out and find a coupon (or plan to find) with one of these new methods and tell us what it is and where you found it. If you have a camera and are able to add a photo (to another site or to your gallery on SmartCanucks), share a photo. No worries if doing photos is not your thing, just share what you find and where.

Looking forward to your answers / discussion.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

1.The most coupons found was the printable form sc.
    2.Dont know where else to find coupons.
    3.Went to WM and found coupons taped on the schweppes box= save $1 wu purchase 1x 12pk OR 1x6 710ml OR 2x2L bottles of schweppes beverages.
    Found taped on crush boxes=Save $1 wu purchase (1) 12x355ml OR (1) 6x710ml OR (2) 2L bottles of Crush,Dr.Pepper OR Schweepes beverages.
    Found taped on Brisk boxes=Save $2 on the pruchase of any (2) 12x355ml Lipton Brisk Iced Tea, Brisk Tea-Lemonade Fusion, Brisk Lemonade OR Brisk Fruit Punch...

NOTE: Loved part 2 so great to know about knowing if it is a manufactures coupon or otherwise...ty

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Hi everyone,
    Hope you are all enjoying your Saturday evening! Today @ WM there was 18 reg. and 24 maxi Stayfree for $2 and I use some $2 printables so it was all free, when I posted this previously others had replied that thier WM had the same thing, Wishing you all good-luck

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Thanks so much for all the info I already knew about the coupons in the aisles but like a pp said I only ever took them if I was buying that product that day. Which I have since been crawling the aisles LOL I took 5 coupons one day and felt a bit like I was stealing haha I think I learned the most from the video about where on the site to find coupons etc. although I will watch it again so I feel like I remember it all

I have yet to get a FPC so that will be exciting! I LOVE diaper coupons though and I am planning a trip to the nearest town to go to LD in the next month when I spot a good sale.

I also have a trade in the works and hope that it all works out and I can get started with my trade rating.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

The answer to #2, online with save.ca, brandaver.ca,websaver.ca, ect....Is this right?

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

kerrylynn -- you`re getting warmer ...
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Quick question about combining coupons.

I have a coupon for $3 Off Colgate Toothbrush when u buy a toothpaste. Now my question is....if I use that coupon on the toothbrush can I also use a $2 off Colgate toothpaste? Or do the two act as one purchase? This is not at a LD so not sure if this is considered stacking or not.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow! There is so much info to take in on that slide show, think I will have to watch it again!
    I have found the most coupons from the inserts, like Red plum, or Brandsaver.
    I like save.ca etc but get frustrated at having to wait for soo long until I am allowed to order again!
    Just recently there have been lots of coupons in the stores as well, I take some each time I go shopping.
    Other placed for coupons?
    PGBrandVoice has them if you sign up.
    Surveys like Shoppers Voice is always good too.
    How about trading with others?
    Group buys like WagJag?
    I signed up for Rouge magazine this evening, does this come to your home? It only mentioned monthly emails.
    I have bought Canadian Living in the past and been underwhelmed by the coupons!
    I would love to hear some of your experiences with other magazines for the coupons, don't want to waste my Airmiles!

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

bc_chik

I know that this can work at some stores sometimes. From a couponer's perspective:

-buy toothpaste use $2
    -buy toothbrush use $3

But some stores will say that you 'can't' because it's 2 coupons.

I'd go to a self checkout and do it there. I try it and I am polite if they say no.

Let us know what happens if you try it. They can just say no.

Quote Originally Posted by bc_chik View Post
    Quick question about combining coupons.

I have a coupon for $3 Off Colgate Toothbrush when u buy a toothpaste. Now my question is....if I use that coupon on the toothbrush can I also use a $2 off Colgate toothpaste? Or do the two act as one purchase? This is not at a LD so not sure if this is considered stacking or not.
    Last edited by Giving-Small; Mon, Feb 28th, 2011 at 01:06 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Peelies.
    I was in Metro today and bought a box of cookies that had a peelie on it.
    The check-out line-up was long so I pulled off the peelie and put it with my other coupons to help speed things up a bit.
    I was gobsmacked when the cashier refused to take the peelie, she told me that it was "company policy" that only the cashier could remove them, how did she know where it had come from etc, etc..
    (Made me feel really small.)
    So I showed her exactly where it had come from, even matched up the tears on the box, eventually she agreed to accept it with dire warnings about doing the same thing again.
    Repeated a great number of times that only the cashier is allowed to remove them, and that in future any that are already peeled will be refused.
    After seeing Part 1 of Finding Coupons I thought that removing them from product was OK.
    I am wondering if others have had this problem in Metro or any other store?

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Clippy - ack -- I have never heard of this -- I'm so so this happened to you.

I have used peelies because the cashier would miss it and so would I. I'd get home and see the peelie on the product and be miffed.

And I have bumped into lots of rough patches shopping at first - it's like a maze and you have to figure out local practices. I have had cashiers that refused something I thought was fine to do, however.

That said - I'm going to add a "caveat" to the video saying that there are some stores that won't accept them if they're peeled so other are aware it can happen.

Cashiers can be "objective" and just explain the policies - I'm fine with that. I just say "okay if that's the way you do it" sometimes followed by "Never heard this before, if that is the case" and "Now that I know your guidelines, I'm happy to follow them". Again it's about professional courtesy to the cashier by us and vice versa.

But some cashiers say "judgmental things" that are negative such as:

- you can't get this for free!
    - roll their eyes and sigh out loud when they see the coupons
    - proceed to lecture you ...

These actions are intended to make us "feel bad" or "less" for using coupons or like we're "cheating" ie. getting something free.

This is neither professional or appropriate.
    Last edited by Giving-Small; Mon, Feb 28th, 2011 at 01:08 AM.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

-the most coupons I've found so far are the T4T coupons in Metro, Food Basics and Sobeys. I've taken ones that I will use in the future and some of the expiry dates are terrific eg..50$ Sun-Rype 100% juice 1.36l ex feb1,2012.
    -I guess where else to find coupons is where I found them..the grocery store, department stores can't think of any others
    -I'm going to try writing/emailing companies to see if I can get coupons that way. This is out of my comfort zone as I want finding coupons to be relatively easy and no thought involved, but alas, not everything comes on a silver platter.
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giving-Small View Post
    Caroman - great that you've started trading and you feel positive -- that's the outcome you want - a trade where you feel good.

You mentioned this " I used 4 coupons at once even though the coupon says 'one coupon per purchase."

If you mean you used 4 coupons and bought multiple apple juices that is just fine. Each apple juice is a purchase.

However if it say "one per shop" or "one per transaction" then you could only use one when you go through the till.
    thanks for the info, I find it confusing how coupons are worded. I even read a thread on how to understand what the terms mean
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

-My save.ca coupons came in yesterday. woohoo! but now I'm not able to order for 45-60days on most of them.
    -was in the US yesterday and looked around for coupons wherever I went. Best was at Meijer grocery/general goods store (think WMSupercentre except bigger grocery section).
    They had a sale for selected merch. buy 10 for 10$. Crazy the deals on things. I found a 1$ coupon for Premium crackers taped on boxes, crackers were 1$ and coupon stated I needed to buy ANY soup to get discount. I p/u a .49$ soup and got crackers for FREE!
    I also bought cereal and MR.Clean magic erasers with coupons inside boxes.
    -found lunch meat with a .55$ coupon so I got it for .45$!!!!!!!
    (man I wish my computer had a cent sign)
    A good day!

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Oh, I also filled up for .86cents a litre, which is up .6cents a litre from last week. I refuse to fill up here unless I'm running on fumes.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information