User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Expired on: Thu, Mar 22nd, 2012
    Someone mentioned in a different thread that some of the London drugs store were tightening up on their coupon rules. Has anybody experienced this recently and at what stores locations.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Kamloops has. New rules are only 8 'like' items (not identical), and we have to pay the taxes even when we shouldn't have to, and we have to present each stack with the items (but that's not new for me, I always did that).

The change at our store was because one person decided to constantly take tons and tons of one item and shelf clear, and she thought it was okay to use her overages that should only have covered tax like a gift card on random items. Greedy, cheating people ruin things for everyone, and that's the source of 99% of the changes.

Rhodemum
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

West kelowna will now only price match 1 "like" item, and then you pay LD pricing for the others...I guess to avoid people buying 40 of one thing at a Walmart sale price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Chilliwack has implemented 2 PM's per item, as well as only 4 of any product at LD's prices when using coupon stacks. This has happened just recently as there are some coupon shoppers who came in to clear the shelves (daily - sometimes twice a day) and then turn around and sell it. Another case of the 'bad apple spoiling the basket'.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

winnipeg

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

hopefully this is the last time they change their policies for a while.....should help slow down the few people that are ruining it for the rest of us
    - Swagbucks - Earn bux for everything you do online. I've earned $100 in Amazon.ca gift cards so far this year.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow why would people ruin something soooo good!!! Our LD is getting stricter about paying tax etc.. but nothing too bad they are generally just getting alot ruder with couponers

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

This was bound to happen...a few greedy couponers ruining it for the rest. I have personally witnessed a person literally clearing shelves of Tide at London Drugs and Multibionta at Shoppers Drug Mart, while others stood by waiting and wishing to have some of the same.

As well, I am a little disturbed about people printing off scads of printable coupons that have been made available as a pdf from manufacturers sites and should only be used as ONE PER email address. I am thinking now of the multibionta in particular. Please be honest about this people....and keep the couponing experience a good one!

Trading Score
    121 (98%)

It's not so much that the policies are changing, I think it's that the issues that are up to management's discrection, like pm'ing and how many "like" coupons per shopping trip, are getting more strict.
    London Drugs prices are slightly higher than other stores, and their purchase price is as well, so even if they get reinbursed for the full value of a coupon, they may still lose money, if the item was pm'd from a store that had a rediculously low sale, for items bought at a really low price. Make sense?

Hopefully if we keep posting our distaste for shoppers who "clear shelves", or take advantage, that little voice that tells us we are doing something wrong, will get louder.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by guccigoo22 View Post
    Hopefully if we keep posting our distaste for shoppers who "clear shelves", or take advantage, that little voice that tells us we are doing something wrong, will get louder.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    267 (100%)

I don't get to stack as I am in Ontario... but wow... talk about ruining a good thing by being Greedy! I sure hope its not one of our own SC'ers being naughty naught
    Click here to view my Wishlist & Tradelist!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The changes that have been made are actual policy changes for the most part. Although certain people have made an impact on stores by being greedy or by trying to cheat the system that's not actualy why the changes came about. The changes to the policy came down because of an overwhelming amount of calls and emails coming into our call centre. I was told aproxamately 80% off the calls and emails the call centre is getting right now are about coupons and the coupon policy. Head office therefore came to the conclusion that a more specific policy was needed to deal with some of these issues. So the $3 limit on printable coupons is no longer at the store managers discretion it is a head office policy. The tax thing makes no sense to me personally but again it's head office. PM'ing multiple items is still at the discretion of management. These policies may still vary by store as we all know not every store follows the rules, some are more strict, like my store , and some are more lenient. Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot anyone can do about that.

As far as how price matching on sales works... London Drugs creates their adds and sales about 6 months in advance. The manufacturers agree to give LD the products that they sell during that sale at a discounted price so they still make money. When you bring in a flyer from another store to price match LD is not getting that product at the "special price" they are getting it at the regular price which in reality is often higher than the sale price of the other store. So yes although LD gets their money back with the coupons used they still loose out on the price of the product. They have decided though that they are ok with this because it's going to get you in there to purchase other products and it keeps people satisfied. But when people started going crazy and purchasing so much product through price matching a limit had to be brought up. There just is no way any company can afford to loose as much on a regular basis as they would if they let the pm'ing continue the way it was. Unfortunately that really was a clear cut case of a few people killing it for the rest of us.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

My LDs do not allow us to use the coupon overages to cover taxes (i.e. P & G, etc.) I find this perfectly understandable when you consider that first the cashier has to add up the coupons, figure out the overage and then enter the stack. If you add to this, the task of calculating the tax on the individual item and seeing if whether or not there is still overage at that point, then adjusting down -- it becomes a little bit too much to expect (in my opinion). This all has to happen while other customers line up behind the couponer. I think it's really just a matter of practicality. I am personally so grateful to be able to stack that I am fine with paying the sales tax. Often, it's all I'm paying so I consider myself pretty darn lucky.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Teenah20, unfortunately in at least a few cases, it is. Mine I know for sure it is, and I've heard of a few constant complainers that think that it's OK to call and email EVERY time they don't get their way. Every. Single. Time.

That is so absolutely not fair, LD is giving us a wonderful gift by allowing us to stack, I can't even believe people would be so selfish and ungrateful that they'd complain all the time, but at least a few people do.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I have not ever PM'd at LD or anywhere else for that matter. Unless something was on for a ridiculously great price and I absolutely could not get it at the advertising store, then I would consider PMing.

I am happy with paying tax on items and would never dream of complaining of this.
    "We do not inherit the earth from our parents; we borrow it from our children." ~ Chief Seattle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information