User Tag List

Page 204 of 272 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 254 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 4069
Like Tree9953Likes

Thread: Dollarama Grabs!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by juice View Post
    I went to my local store today and found two different kinds of Digz gardening gloves. One set were padded and the other were a thinner type of material and waterproof. The thinner ones had a clear warning label on the back that the State of California warned that these gloves contained materials that the State believed were known to cause cancer and birth defects. I can't recall the exact warning but this is a parphrase. I then checked the two thicker pairs that I had in my basket and the same warning was on the back label but it was very hard to read due to wear the gloves had been stapled onto the label. I had to bend it back to read it and it was the same warning. If you have purchased these gloves you might want to check the back of the packaging to make sure they are not the same kind. The ones I saw were located at the Dollarama in South Cambridge. Maybe each store carries different kinds. These gloves were really nice for $3 but I couldn't get past the warning label. Not sure why they able to sell them in Canada if the one of the American states had placed such a strong warning. Can anyone else post their findings please.
    I didn't notice the warning - but did read up on it. From what I can tell, the label is required in the state of California because there is a chemical in the glove that MAY have a relation to causing cancer. However, the "known" part seems to be a little misleading, as from what I read the chemical may just have a link to possibly causing cancer (not necessarily a known link). It also seems that is doesn't matter the amount of the chemical - many of the chemicals would require a person to have an abnormally large amount of contact with the chemical (the example I read was that the caramel dye in Coke would require a person to drink 1,000 cans of pop a day before it had any correlation to cancer). But they face stiff fines if they don't put the warning label on it - so it's easier for the company to put the label on everything.

For the amount I'm using them, I'm not concerned about a cancer link. I'd be more worried about hidden nitrates in food than the chemicals in these gloves.
    bluerose, anisa, JadeAngel and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Found these today:

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    anisa, scbpooh, sassypants and 8 others like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Awesome finds, and great pic! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmomma View Post
    Found these today:

toronto166 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bullet tooth View Post
    Awesome finds, and great pic! Thanks!
    You're welcome!

toronto166 and bullet tooth like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Totes hand swatter for flies.$3
    We usually use rolled up newspaper from our blue box.

Name:  51578.jpg
Views: 2117
Size:  6.3 KB

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^my first thought was of the kids running all over the house trying to clap each other to death lol

Definitly a unique fly swatter

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Grabbed these today for $3. I think it's a great price. Even if just for the liners! Lol mine are getting pretty beat up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    Grabbed these today for $3. I think it's a great price. Even if just for the liners! Lol mine are getting pretty beat up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh wow it came with the liners I agree great score

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    I didn't notice the warning - but did read up on it. From what I can tell, the label is required in the state of California because there is a chemical in the glove that MAY have a relation to causing cancer. However, the "known" part seems to be a little misleading, as from what I read the chemical may just have a link to possibly causing cancer (not necessarily a known link). It also seems that is doesn't matter the amount of the chemical - many of the chemicals would require a person to have an abnormally large amount of contact with the chemical (the example I read was that the caramel dye in Coke would require a person to drink 1,000 cans of pop a day before it had any correlation to cancer). But they face stiff fines if they don't put the warning label on it - so it's easier for the company to put the label on everything.

For the amount I'm using them, I'm not concerned about a cancer link. I'd be more worried about hidden nitrates in food than the chemicals in these gloves.
    This poster's info is accurate. I was concerned when I read a label like it on a wallet. I was quite concerned. So I called my dad. He said the laws for that in California are crazy and not to worry about it...everything causes cancer any way. e.g. You can wear sunscreens which is apparently laden with carcinogens or not wear it and get skin cancer.
    bluerose, anisa, GoJays and 2 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

DO NOT buy the 3M sisscor, wasted $3...has to toss it out can't even cut paper with it.

Haven't been to Dollarama in a while and today in a whim I bought a flameless candle...looks really pretty but the flickering flame part driving me bonker.

Saw the Bonne Bell kit but didn't buy it. Still no luck in finding the charger.
    walkonby and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    DO NOT buy the 3M sisscor, wasted $3...has to toss it out can't even cut paper with it.

Haven't been to Dollarama in a while and today in a whim I bought a flameless candle...looks really pretty but the flickering flame part driving me bonker.

Saw the Bonne Bell kit but didn't buy it. Still no luck in finding the charger.

I brought the $3 kitchen shear last week, it worked better than expected.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

toronto166 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    O I saw this one at the store here too, didn't get it. The kitchen shear was Rama brand.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

For y'all worried about the gloves, don't be.

California law is INSANE about that. Anything that could possibly ever cause you cancer has to have signs. Parking garages have signs. Gas stations have signs. DISNEYLAND has a sign!

There is more labelled stuff than there isn't. Don't worry about it.

And the window mounts for phones/gps/ipods rock. I got one for Christmas and it's only detached from the window one time which is awesome.
    EDIT: My bad! This is not the same mount I got. Mine is not gel, it has adjustable arms. THAT ONE is awesome.
    Last edited by Chantel; Mon, Apr 25th, 2016 at 12:53 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just a heads up -- I bought a "grip n go" (same idea with the green sticky gel to hold your phone or whatever) a couple years back and it slowly melted into a goopy mess onto my dash in the hot sun over the summer

Page 204 of 272 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 254 ... LastLast

Thread Information