User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Have you noticed some stores have great coupons and others don't?

How is it that some stores within a retail chain have great coupons but other stores in the exact same chain do not? Take for instance Save on Foods. I see the SC folks from the mainland post all kinds of great coupons they got from Save-on-Foods (such at the $1.50 off Janes or the $5WUB5 Kraft or the $4 off Advil nighttime) but the Save-on-Foods in Nanaimo and in Parksville have zip, zilch, nada......oh wait, we did find one booklet of expired coupons on some random chinese sauce. Even Walmarts in various locations have great coupons but I haven't found any at different locations on Vancouver Island. Do you island folks have better luck than I?
    This thread is currently associated with: Save on Foods

Really looking for diaper coupons for my DIAPER DONATION COLLECTION!!

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I have trouble finding good coupons in Kamloops too...it is really frustrating...

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i have fair luck at save on foods but in all my years of couponing i've NEVER seen a janes coupon in store, with the $5 for 5 coupon(being advertised in thier flyer) if you ask at the service desk they often have a copy or two, the vic walmart is pretty useless for coupons... the one i keep looking for is the pepsi max coupon (buy 2 6pks get 1 free)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    137 (100%)

Save On is hit and miss I find, but my sister seems to do quite well for me at the ones in Victoria Our Save On has the $5WUB5 Kraft products though. I went to the costumer service area and asked and she took me right to them on the shelf

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Amanda83 which SOF is that ? I was in SOF Parksville and never saw any coupons. Frustrating...I never thought of going to the CS desk and asking. I'll try tomorrow!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by middleclassmom View Post
    Have you noticed some stores have great coupons and others don't?

How is it that some stores within a retail chain have great coupons but other stores in the exact same chain do not? Take for instance Save on Foods. I see the SC folks from the mainland post all kinds of great coupons they got from Save-on-Foods (such at the $1.50 off Janes or the $5WUB5 Kraft or the $4 off Advil nighttime) but the Save-on-Foods in Nanaimo and in Parksville have zip, zilch, nada......oh wait, we did find one booklet of expired coupons on some random chinese sauce. Even Walmarts in various locations have great coupons but I haven't found any at different locations on Vancouver Island. Do you island folks have better luck than I?
    I also agree with the lack of coupons in all the local stores. I can't get there as often as I would like to prowl the aisles, but once a week for sure at most and not much luck. I have yet to find 1 coupon at Walmart!

Oh but I have found a great cashier at Walmart (nanaimo), young blonde guy, super chatty/friendly and barely glances at the coupons. Just says "oh ya we take those". Never an argument or reading the coupon over and over looking for something to turn me away with. He usually just remarks how good a deal I got or asks where I got them from. He doesn't really listen mind you he is too busy doing all the talking...lol...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Safeway in Courtenay is pretty good. you have to look for some of them because they're beside other signs or those hangers for toys and stuff

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    137 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seekingsavings View Post
    Amanda83 which SOF is that ? I was in SOF Parksville and never saw any coupons. Frustrating...I never thought of going to the CS desk and asking. I'll try tomorrow!

I found them at the SOF's in Parksville, good luck! I hear ya, it can be frustrating sometimes when you can't find certain coupons.

Has anyone found the $4 Advil coupon around here?

Trading Score
    28 (91%)

Yeah...the Safeway in Courtenay is good - especially right now when the smart source coupons came out a few days ago

Quality Foods in Courtenay and Comox both are no good for coupons lately. Walmart has been hit and miss in Courtenay. Extra Foods in Comox, I have found the random coupon not on the coupon zone wall. Superstore in Courtenay is the same.

Thrifty Foods in Courtenay, is for the most part good for coupons! except for right now lol

Zellers in Courtenay still has Tuna coupons and Kleenex coupons if you need em!

Where else...we don't have a SOF wah! Rexall in both Comox and Courtenay are usually pretty good!! as well as both SDM's.

And Fields in Comox (The Comox Mall) randomly has one or two coupon tear pads.

That is my take on Courtenay and Comox for coupons! :D

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

So I did speak to a clerk in the aisles at SOF Parksville on Friday about the $5wub5 items. he went on a big search to find them, brought me back 3 which I promptly used. My question is "why hide the coupons?" they expired today, its not like they'd be hoarded away somewhere. but i never found any other coupon in the store.

I did go to King's Speech tonight and find the cinema magazine and got the Ristorante coupon. (actually got 3 as my friends grabbed the mag as well and gave me the coupons)... As it was a Sat night I could not use my cineplex free passes / and candy coupons...it cost $32 for 2 popcorn/3 pop and 1 candy bag for 3 of us. Frack!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by seekingsavings View Post
    i have found them at the save on foods in terminal park mall

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda83 View Post
    Save On is hit and miss I find, but my sister seems to do quite well for me at the ones in Victoria Our Save On has the $5WUB5 Kraft products though. I went to the costumer service area and asked and she took me right to them on the shelf
    i find the north end SOF to not have coupons (actually only found 2 there so far)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    the vic walmart is pretty useless for coupons... the one i keep looking for is the pepsi max coupon (buy 2 6pks get 1 free)
    i know the walmart in duncan doesn't allow for coupons to be put up by the smart source lady... they are allowed to stick up advertisements tho (darn things trick you into thinking they are coupons)

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda83 View Post
    Has anyone found the $4 Advil coupon around here?
    i haven't seen it yet in my travels, but been staying rather close to home till my voice is back to normal... i sound like a dude right now, but it is better than no voice at all, try getting your kid to listen when you don't have a voice its just not happening

Thread Information