User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by prettybaby View Post
    Does anybody know when it will be in the Advocate? Called a while ago and the lady said she haven't seen it yet. I am actually willing to buy the paper as long as I know I will get the Smartsource.
    SmartSource should be in the Wednesday Red Deer Advocate.I did get a SmartSource in the Calgary Sun that I bought from the newspaper box in front of the Quality Inn name was formerly the North Hill Inn today.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sun, May 15th, 2011 at 08:25 PM.

Trading Score
    163 (100%)

Missed it then. And I was so looking forward to getting it. Thanks.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Calgary Herold yesterday. Calgary Sun today.

Got 1 copy so far, lol. Thanks to co-worker!!

Trading Score
    163 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SmackUTwice View Post
    Calgary Herold yesterday. Calgary Sun today.

Got 1 copy so far, lol. Thanks to co-worker!!

Got one! Thanks!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I also ended up posting on the reddeeradvocate.com facebook page, telling them my story adn that I would like an answer as to why I stopped getting my weekly flyers and the free community papers. The responded by telling me they will pass along my story to their circulation department, I started to laugh, I Am sure I will be ignored, then I scrolled down their fb page to see that they posted front pages of their LIFE community paper that comes out on Sunday, and some commented they dont received and asked how they could, The advocated responsed sayiing it is delivered to every single household in Red deer and that if your not receiving to email them directly [email protected]. I commented on that as well saying I have never received such a paper called LIFE, so its obvious, ither someone isn't doing their job or the advocate isn't distributing like they say.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was just asked to contact the Circulation Manager here is the email if anyone else is interested [email protected]

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello, I have read the comments on this website. Should anyone have any problems with the delivery of these flyers and coupons, please email me at [email protected].

Regards,
    L. Myers
    Last edited by LMeyers; Wed, Aug 24th, 2011 at 04:29 PM.

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Well at least the Advocate is consistent with one thing = INCONSISTENCY. sometimes i get flyers, sometimes not. Sometimes I get 2 or 3 sets of flyers sometimes none. I know that whom ever is delivering the flyers & advocate skip certain houses on certain days. Personally I think the advocate is just always in short supply of people to do the deliveries. But can you imaging the money that the advocate must receive - and - what for, they don't even deliever them all. I hope some company catches the Advocate and starts making them accountable. They only way i can be sure i get all the flyers is by a recycle walk. Can not count on the Advocate to do their job.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

^ Same.

I spoke to soon about getting my flyers for a few weeks everyday I should... none last week. None today.. wait, lemme check...nope, nothing.

Sick and tired of calling. I prefer to talk to my daughter and have her not listen to me!!!

I get mine from work (which is downtown.. and they always get them!)... or yeah, recycle bin walks...

Trading Score
    389 (100%)

I have to say, I delivered the flyers for my son these past two weeks while he was at summer camp, and then Grandma's House. It's a thankless and difficult job. It is pretty straight forward for the most part. But even I found it difficult to not let the papers blow opened, a couple of time a thing or two fell out, and I did my best to keep it all straight, but there's definately room for error.

We get a list of houses to go to, and those are the only ones that get the flyers and free papers (which by the way, on Wednesdays, this is 2 different lists to follow, one for flyers and one for the Express, it can get confusing).

My son always does his best to deliver by 7pm on the week days, but he does play sports so I'll admit sometimes the flyers are a bit late. And, he's 13 so he does sleep in on Sundays sometimes and doesn't always make the delivery by 9am but close.

It is a thankless job for a 13 year old, through rain, sleet, snow and wind. Unfortunately some people can be rude too, when he's a bit late, or has left flyers in their mail box while they were on holidays. I'd like to think that the people on this forum could have a little patience with kids who are just starting their first job.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Valentine View Post
    I have to say, I delivered the flyers for my son these past two weeks while he was at summer camp, and then Grandma's House. It's a thankless and difficult job. It is pretty straight forward for the most part. But even I found it difficult to not let the papers blow opened, a couple of time a thing or two fell out, and I did my best to keep it all straight, but there's definately room for error.

We get a list of houses to go to, and those are the only ones that get the flyers and free papers (which by the way, on Wednesdays, this is 2 different lists to follow, one for flyers and one for the Express, it can get confusing).

My son always does his best to deliver by 7pm on the week days, but he does play sports so I'll admit sometimes the flyers are a bit late. And, he's 13 so he does sleep in on Sundays sometimes and doesn't always make the delivery by 9am but close.

It is a thankless job for a 13 year old, through rain, sleet, snow and wind. Unfortunately some people can be rude too, when he's a bit late, or has left flyers in their mail box while they were on holidays. I'd like to think that the people on this forum could have a little patience with kids who are just starting their first job.
    I would think you are right. Willing to bet we ARE thankful. For me personally, I try and greet the flyer delivery person at work, as well as our mail lady... to say thanks, ask how the're day is, if they saw the foxes accross the street, etc.

I am a very patient and understanding person. Time and time and time again I've had problems, tried to deal with it, get told it's dealt with... and it's not. And I even moved... and it's the same.

I can vouch that once i called to request my flyers and they were here within 10 minutes! that was awesome. but i've stopped calling in that i'm not getting them. someone f l a g ged my house, meaning to skip my house.. for whatever reason. I had been living here OVER a year at the time... WTH! and the person living here before me was my dear friend that passed away and delivered the flyers. (... delivered flyers before passing, not after, lol)

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

If I still have good service at the end of the year, I am SOOOO tipping my paper "family" (its a whole family that delivers).

Why complain? All a complaint will do is get the person fired, and then again, you will have no chance of getting flyers!!!

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl888 View Post
    If I still have good service at the end of the year, I am SOOOO tipping my paper "family" (its a whole family that delivers).

Why complain? All a complaint will do is get the person fired, and then again, you will have no chance of getting flyers!!!
    Uhm, that's an intense statement.

If someone isn't doing their job properly, ESPECIALLY a PAYED job, people want to know. The Advocate has told me this, and it also goes out into every other job out there... my job certainly applies!

And by the way, a complaint likely won't mean being fired. It will be a re-evaluation of how the person is doing with their job, what they can do to improve, change, etc... and if the job is still right for them. Not many places have "you screw up once, you out" game going on. (Depends on what the screw up was, yes, but hear me out.)

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

If someone isn't doing their job properly, ESPECIALLY a PAYED job, people want to know. The Advocate has told me this, and it also goes out into every other job out there... my job certainly applies!

And by the way, a complaint likely won't mean being fired. It will be a re-evaluation of how the person is doing with their job, what they can do to improve, change, etc... and if the job is still right for them. Not many places have "you screw up once, you out" game going on. (Depends on what the screw up was, yes, but hear me out.)
    Well, it is how I feel. I have had nothing but issues until recently with my flyers/paper delivery, which I am pretty sure was due to the fact I had different people walking up to my doorstep almost every other month.
    Now, sure my people miss a flyer package once and a while. But it is few and far between, so I figure complaining would most likely only get me shoddy-er service from a new person, so why worry about it? You can find the flyers online, and many people are willing to give up their brandsavers/etc (parents, friends, etc)

I also find it funny how people tend to complain about something they dont pay for lol. When I had the paper, I again, felt the way I stated above. But now that I cancelled it for the summer, I cant really see myself calling up the Red Deer Advocate and saying "hey...I dont give you any revenue, but can you make sure my service is better?"

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

When we lived in Quebec (when we just came to Canada) my family used to deliver the flyers. My parents were not some kids who can jump around anything. While they did get paid to deliver the flyers, let me tell you it wasnt a pay that one would like to get and its not like people were fighting over the job either. Summer time was always fun and my parents saw it as a way of staying fit, but comes winter time and it got a bit difficult to bring the papers right to the door, what with all the snow that some people just dont want to shovel. In summer time you would have dogs bark at you, and some people are too cool to tie their dogs so it wouldnt attack someone. I know your dog is your best friend, but what will it do to a stranger who is approaching your house? Especially, if its a dog that protects you and your property. I hate people who think they are entitled to everything and no rules apply to them. My parents always made sure, one way or another that all houses that wanted flyers got their flyers. Rain or shine. And if one person complained that their papers were at the front of the drive way instead of the door, well maybe we are not hearing the full story. Maybe my parents couldnt reach to the door because of the un-shoveled snow, or your dog's poop, or your dog barking, etc. Cuz if you complained and never gave the full story and had my parents be told how to properly do the job (like they were m0r0ns) when its really your own lazy ass fault, how fair would that be. I would agree with your statement only if people would be honest and say the full story. But than it wouldnt be a complaint no more, now, would it. Ask yourself, how much do these people get paid to deliver your flyers to your door? I doubt you'd do that job, but someone has to.

Oh and nothing personal against you, I dont even know you, I am just saying that there are always two sides of the story.
    Last edited by MostarkaGirl; Wed, Aug 31st, 2011 at 01:52 AM.

Follow my Beauty Blog on instagram @officialbestofglam
    or on facebook @bestofglam

I write reviews on all new and upcoming beauty products
    Sephora is my grand love

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information