User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I phoned Red Deer Advocate circulation department to ask them to distribute SmartSource on Saturday.If the SmartSource comes out on Wednesday as usual I will phone again.If you want to phone the Red Deer Advocate circulation department too the phone number is 4033144300.
    This thread is currently associated with: Smart Source
    Last edited by Poirot; Fri, Mar 4th, 2011 at 02:34 PM.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    I phoned Red Deer Advocate circulation department to ask them to distribute SmartSource on Saturday.If the SmartSource comes out on Wednesday as usual I will phone again.If you want to phone the Red Deer Advocate circulation department too the phone number is 4033144300.

Oh, I call there often... but I call the main # and press 1 for circulation, I should plug THAT # in my phone, lol! Argh!

They came out today in the Ed/Cal papers. Saw some at Timmies south, hmm.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Did not get my flyers oh yet againnnnnnnnnnn yesterday.. but came to work today to see this Smart Source came in the Wed flyers here...

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup, I got my smart source in the Wednesday flyers. I had to call repeatedly to make sure that I get regular flyer delivery. I am not looking forward to moving soon and having to call a bunch of times again. Flyer delivery in Red Deer sucks.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KaraMA View Post
    Yup, I got my smart source in the Wednesday flyers. I had to call repeatedly to make sure that I get regular flyer delivery. I am not looking forward to moving soon and having to call a bunch of times again. Flyer delivery in Red Deer sucks.
    I agree, it does suck. And that coming from my mouth... says a lot. I dont talk like that about anything... unless I truly am ticked for a good reason, LOL!

Actually 2 weeks ago when i called, they told me my house had been F L A G G E D... not to receive the flyers. uh... could not tell me why! Said perhaps the previous owner didn't want them. Well, i have been in my house for a YEAR and the previous owner was my friend that passed away... and she DELIVERED the flyers!

Who and why would my house be f l a g g e d? What the heck!

Even when i lived in vanier, I had the same issue.. I did get them MOST weeks, but the delivered was lazy and left them on the doorstep to blow away, get rained on, etc. The close was littered with flyers and newspapers! was nice when i spotted coupon inserts in the bushes.. but come on!

I am going to see when I can go there in person adn raise some poop. Is the Advocate on the south end by the bower mall? Or no? lol Where is it? lol Oooooooo, it is. I know where it is. Hmm. Plan of attack!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SmackUTwice View Post
    I agree, it does suck. And that coming from my mouth... says a lot. I dont talk like that about anything... unless I truly am ticked for a good reason, LOL!

Actually 2 weeks ago when i called, they told me my house had been F L A G G E D... not to receive the flyers. uh... could not tell me why! Said perhaps the previous owner didn't want them. Well, i have been in my house for a YEAR and the previous owner was my friend that passed away... and she DELIVERED the flyers!

Who and why would my house be f l a g g e d? What the heck!

Even when i lived in vanier, I had the same issue.. I did get them MOST weeks, but the delivered was lazy and left them on the doorstep to blow away, get rained on, etc. The close was littered with flyers and newspapers! was nice when i spotted coupon inserts in the bushes.. but come on!

I am going to see when I can go there in person adn raise some poop. Is the Advocate on the south end by the bower mall? Or no? lol Where is it? lol Oooooooo, it is. I know where it is. Hmm. Plan of attack!
    Hmmm funny... I use to get the flyers (except on the days they just decided I didnt need any) then all of a sudden I never got them any more. I too called about 2 months ago to ask why and that I still wanted to recieve them. I too got the speech that my house was "ged". I asked what that ment. She said perhaps previous owners (hum we built the house), or that the delivery person said we werent collecting (not even close to true). So that "ged" is a sad excuse that they feed everyone for there own laziness and disorganized company. Theres still even the odd time it doesnt come. Grrrr...

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was never given a reason why we didn't consistently receive the flyers. Our flyer/newspaper person drives his route so he probably doesn't want to make any more stops than he has to. I just kept calling and calling and eventually they started to call me every couple of weeks to make sure I was getting them. I have been regularly getting the flyers for a couple of months now and it is heavenly! Yes, I can look at most of the flyers online but I really prefer reading the paper copies and I hate missing out on the coupons!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

removed
    Last edited by Poirot; Sat, Mar 12th, 2011 at 01:45 AM. Reason: wrong place

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can't believe I came across this little chat about the flyer delivery in Red Deer, I've been trying for months now to figure out why I all of a sudden do not get them any more. Just before xmas they completely stopped, In Feb I was able to catch the guy who delivers them on the street and I asked him what was going on because my neighbor attached to me always got them and I would get skipped, so he says to me "Oh you want flyers?" I said yes, when did I ever say I didn't, and he laughed at me and walked away. I started to received again for about a month and half and then again STOPPED!, then I noticed we had a kid delivering the flyers now, so 2 days ago I was able to catch him outside and again my neighbor who is attached to me got the flyers but not me, so I asked why are you picking and choosing who you deliver to? I said its your job to deliver to everyone, and he said No its not, I have a list of specific houses that get delivery, and I said is that for real, there is a LIST, so asked why am I not on it, no ever asked me if I wanted to continue to receive flyers, so why was I not on the list, he said I don't know, so I said can you fix this and get me my flyers? he said he has to call the advocate to find out, I said that's insane. I can't belive there is a list of house who do or dont receive flyer service. I don't even know how to fix this, any suggestions???

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup, you have to call the Advocate. You may have to call a few times. There are not enough carriers in the city so it seems like only people who ask get them in certain areas. The guy that delivers mine also delivers the Advocate and he only stops at like 5 houses in my close.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Advocate has got issues.

Nuff said.

But yes--call and inquire. And don't be surprised if it doesn't fix much.. or yeah.. just temporarily.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SmackUTwice View Post
    Advocate has got issues.

Nuff said.

But yes--call and inquire. And don't be surprised if it doesn't fix much.. or yeah.. just temporarily.

Agreed! It seems to be a losing battle. Very fustrating when a person who really wants them has to fight and a person who careless always recieves regularly...Grrr...Just sayin

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I have the same issue, and rather than fighting with the advocate, Ive decided to just find most of my flyers online. And as for the coupons, which I am greatly missing, I think on the recycling day in my subdivision, I might just do a recycling walk, and find what I need!
    Red Deer Advocate is horrible, and has one of the poorest customer service reputations out there.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

What is the Advocate paying the flyer deliverers?
    ADULT & YOUTH CARRIERS NEEDED for delivery of Flyers, Red Deer Express & Red Deer Sunday Life in Anders Southbrook Inglewood Only 4 days a week
    Ad from April 30.

Are the homes in your area that do get the flyers also newspaper subscribers?

A letter to the editor about the flyer policy might generate some discussion.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sun, May 15th, 2011 at 03:04 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    163 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KaraMA View Post

Does anybody know when it will be in the Advocate? Called a while ago and the lady said she haven't seen it yet. I am actually willing to buy the paper as long as I know I will get the Smartsource.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information