User Tag List

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I bought the LG HT904SA Home Theatre System last November when it was on sale as a Christmas gift for my fiance. It worked fine for the first couple months (it didn't get taken out of the box until mid January 2010). After a few months, it was like the base system was losing signal. The TV would go blue and popping noises would come from the speakers. If you left it on, it would progress to a very high pitched squeal. So we boxed it up and brought it to a place LG told us to take it to for warranty work. They tested it for about 2 weeks and couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. So we got it back and set it all back up, thinking maybe it was overheating, so we moved it to a completely open space.

It seemed to be working fine, but then it started cutting out and making the noises again. We found if you turned it off then on, it was okay for a while (annoying, but okay). Shortly after the usb reader stopped reading thumb drives. They would work for a few minutes, then lose signal. So that was fine, we'd just use it for DVD's....WRONG... the DVD drive started acting up and it won't even open.

We boxed it up yet again and brought it back to the warranty place. They got in contact with LG (around October 29), and I never heard anything for about 3 weeks. Finally the warranty place contacted me saying LG was going to replace it, and that they were sanding the paperwork to Futureshop for me to get a replacement order. The paperwork was supposed to be there last Friday... still nothing. It's getting ridiculous. Out of the year we have had it, it has spent about 6 months or more in the box or trying to be repaired. Hopefully the paperwork will show up this week, otherwise I think I am going to have to get into contact with LG again, which I really do not want to do.

Edit: Forgot to mention Futureshops lovely service *insert sarcasm*. They told me to call to make sure they had the paperwork before I drove over. So I called, and after about 20 rings someone finally answered (as usual). I asked her who I could speak to about it and she was just like "umm... I don't even know who to transfer you to. Umm... ... ... I will transfer you to the home theatre department, wait." All the while I was thinking why that department? Doesn't it make sense to transfer to the customer service desk for a return type deal?! Anyways, about 30 rings went through to the home theatre department and no one answered. I hung up and drove over. The woman at customer service was doing something on the computer and said she would be with me in a minute. About 10 minutes later she came over and asked what I wanted. She did a search on the computer and said nothing was there and that the Customer Service Manager gets the paperwork emailed and should call when it comes in. Needless to say I am not holding my breath.
    This thread is currently associated with: Future Shop
    Last edited by laurac86; Tue, Nov 30th, 2010 at 10:07 AM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

So a little update:

Called Futureshop, they had the paperwork. Went over there, said to go pick an comparable LG system out, but they didn't have any, so after about 30 min, they found out they could give me a gift card for the amount of the system. I'm happy with that. Don't think I will be buying another LG.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Nice to know you get to replace it, and after all the hoopla you had to go threw. My DH gave me a home theater system for Christmas last year and I waited till last week before setting it up,only to discover that the sound system only works with the dvd player and not the t.v. theres no volume control its all on the remote control. So I phoned them up and its true they said. Well this was Coby and I am not a happy camper...... Its also a piece of junk and DH was just trying to give me something realy nice.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We have purchased 2 LG model home theatre systems and BOTH of them did the same thing. Cutting out, squeals, DVD tray stopped opening...had first system repaired 2x and second system went in the trash after it did the same damn thing. We finally replaced everything with Harmon Kardon? (I'm not techie) with a great sale price because it was display models, anyway all in all we've spent over $1500 on home theatres and I will never buy LG again!
    Ours were purchased at Visions and the staff there were fantastic. I think they felt sorry for us, hence the fantastic deal on the new system. No more LG for us EVER!

Thread Information