User Tag List

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

so i loved play doh as a kid,and of course waited a bit before passing the passtime down to my 4 year old. i went to buy him a package,hubby immediately said no way it will ruin our carpet. (white carpet in living room). we know well enough that he wont keep it confined just to the kitchen.he stows stuff away and we are afraid he will wreck the carpet.as play doh is famously known to get stuck in carpet and dry up.

so i was at walmart and saw this product called moon dough. it claims on the box to have all of the same characteristics as paly doh except it disintegrates when in carpet,and can be vaccumed up.it has the texture of thick sand that melds together.

i let my son play with it and found it was more hassle than it was worth.atleast play doh will stay in one uniformed ball.this stuff literally broke apart and would not form a ball.i find it messy.i think i'll stick with play doh and a watchful eye on the carpet.

thoughts?
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

~just your average nerd~

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I was always worried as well, my kids always play with it....we just do a shake off or change if need be before leaving the kitchen -it washes out of clothes - but if you are worried, perhaps get a smock or old t-shirt?

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Moon sand didn't impress me much either. And that floofy-gooey stuff that actually looks like little mini styrofoam balls that cling to themselves impressed me even less than moon sand. I forget what that stuff is called now. I bought it once. Never again.

Whenever my kids insisted on playing with Play-Doh anywhere other than the kitchen table, I usually gave them a restaurant tray to put it on. You know-- like the kind you get at a Wendy's or a McD's or the food court. The rim around the tray helps keep the play dough from getting mashed into the floor. In my case, it's very old hardwood and the play doh would sometimes get wedged into the cracks by accident...even WITH the tray. LOL. I suspect white carpet would be a little dicier to deal with though.
    Last edited by ninna; Fri, Mar 4th, 2011 at 04:56 PM.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Moon sand - never in my house! It's like bringing the sandbox inside!

We have hardwood floors thankfully, so no worries about the play doh.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I used to like playing with MoonSand, lol...
    I'm such a big kid. :p

Thread Information