User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 61 of 114 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

I definitely think it would be interesting for them to encounter a crabby cashier for a change, because even if they are familiar with every cashier at every store NOW, Im sure they have had an issue at some point. It's a realistic outlook that the viewers aren't seeing. I also think there is nothing wrong with the man donating diet coke. There's no way in H-E double hockey sticks the people at the food bank are going to complain that its NOT healthy. In fact, I bet you 90% are wishing it WASN'T diet, and instead regular. Kudo to him for spending his free time HELPING people in whatever ways he can.
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Me too. Sounds like an urban legend to me.

ETA I found this on how to save money at Kohl's
    Thanks.
    I will try some of these ideas when I go to the states. My friends in the states get the $10 cash card regularly in the mail. It's hard to spend just $10, though.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    197 (100%)

I've watched it for a couple of weeks now, and it seems like it's just more of the same over and over and over again...I'm not sure how long they can make this last. Sure, it's exciting to see people save money, but as others have commented, they have it pretty easy compared to the rest of us who don't have tv crews following us around. I'm sure they must "cut" and retake some parts of the show...
    Vous parlez français? Venez nous visiter sur www.rabaisextreme.ca!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

For those who can get it, CTV News Edmonton is doing a piece on stacking tonight. I have my PVR set to tape it.

What makes me jealous is how the cashiers can scan the coupons, which means they probably don't make mistakes on the amount.

I'm pretty sure if the cashiers were not on TV they wouldn't be so thrilled with the stack of coupons. Of course I'm sure the couponers would not be buying as much stuff either.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by orv View Post
    I also think there is nothing wrong with the man donating diet coke. There's no way in H-E double hockey sticks the people at the food bank are going to complain that its NOT healthy. In fact, I bet you 90% are wishing it WASN'T diet, and instead regular.
    Could you please tell me what part of Diet Coke IS healthy?

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Once again the show is "Extreme Couponing" Obviously they are told to do their biggest haul and the store is informed that they are doing a segment. I don't get why people are so negative about this show.It is for entertainment purposes.I don't take it seriously at all and if cashiers or customers scoff at my savings I just ignore them like I have always done.
    There is nothing wrong with stock piling or trying to save for your family.These are tough times and we are all trying to get by.
    I am sure the shelters are grateful to have these donations. Unhealthy or not it is a donation coming from a good place, and I would be surprised if anyone complained that it was Diet Coke. In an ideal world we would not have hungry people but unfortunately we do and we need all the charitable help our communities can provide/ To whomever is "ing" get over it and start your donations today.
    This is a TELEVISION show!
    Last edited by MelSprag; Tue, May 10th, 2011 at 03:17 PM.

Melanie

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCSparkyGirl View Post
    Could you please tell me what part of Diet Coke IS healthy?
    It's not healthy, but to be fair, neither is most fruit juice which is just as loaded with sugar as pop is, and food banks give that stuff out too.

So no, not healthy, but it's a treat. Even people who are down on their luck deserve a little treat now and then. And of course, food banks aren't able to be choosy. They want to send people home with stuff to fill their tummies, not the healthiest anything and everything.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

J'aime Kirlew did an interview it's on the Smart Money blog.She doesn't change still defending herself and still using coupons on the wrong items. Added link to interview she's getting ripped apart in comments http://blogs.smartmoney.com/paydirt/...s-a-scapegoat/
    Last edited by Poirot; Thu, May 12th, 2011 at 04:09 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    May 11 episode Amber & Tammilee Seattle mother of four Amber must bring all of her kids shopping when her babysitter is late.Meanwhile extreme couponer Tammilee from Spokane saves up money to go on multiple vacations with her husband every year.
    bump for tonight

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The show is fabricated, the stores gingerly watch the shopper take the companies profit / management position (haha)

Americans got it nice and easy with their coupons they receive.

Now that our dollar is above the american dollar our products remain to be still above american prices. Not to even mention the taxes lol

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Poirot
    May 11 episode Amber & Tammilee Seattle mother of four Amber must bring all of her kids shopping when her babysitter is late.Meanwhile extreme couponer Tammilee from Spokane saves up money to go on multiple vacations with her husband every year.

bump for tonight

I like the way Tammilee has vacation goals for her reason to use coupons. Makes travelling fun.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by WRINKLES View Post
    I wish that TLC would use one of the shows to explain and figure out the mess that the different stores policy for using coupons. Sometimes the coupon is ok and other times it is not. Sometimes there is an actual policy sometimes there is not. Some times the cashier is in a bad mood and sometimes she is not. You see it is very confusing to know which store accepts what and to even get the same answer 2 days in a row. I guess what we need is a Canadian show to take interest in couponing and base it on Canadian shoppers and the stores in Canada. Guess a girl can hope!!!Anyone else finding themself confused? TLC is getting us all excited and ready to shop with coupons, the stores and the cashiers are standing in our way!! ( if you are a cashier please do not take this the wrong way, I feel that the store is not always explaining the policies to the cashiers)
    No offense but personally I think the last thing we need is more publicity for couponing in Canada. They have similar policy problems down there too. In one episode it touched on that where one of the ladies said that she calls the store first and makes sure there have been no changes in the coupon policy before she goes. Couponing is a learning experience and not something that you can just jump in and off you go. That is a problem with this show... so many people watch it and just run off thinking they are going to grab coupons and rack up huge savings at the store. No wonder cashiers cringe when they see us coming lol.

In general..... Find out what your stores coupon policy is, read your coupons thoroughly before using and understand the sales at the store before doing your shop. This way you will be organized and enformed. If the cashier doesn't know be patient and kind. Alot of them are just learning too. Also if you plan on doing a stack of coupons make sure you are prepared to be there for awhile.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I agree about Tammilee's saving for a vacation being a good idea, but I wish she'd said "We won't have to go grocery shopping for anything but fresh food until the trip", unless all they're planning to eat is freezer crap until then. yuck!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    I agree about Tammilee's saving for a vacation being a good idea, but I wish she'd said "We won't have to go grocery shopping for anything but fresh food until the trip", unless all they're planning to eat is freezer crap until then. yuck!
    Tammilee is my new favourite. Previously it was Joyce House - Miss Coupon Diva.

I like that Tammilee is using her MBA, her Excel spreadsheet (some SCs have done this too), and is working towards her travel goals. Would love to take the same trips that Tammilee takes. She said that she didn't have to work, because she saved so much money. I liked her video this week.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i wish they would touch more on things like the amount of time it takes to gether coupons, organizing the coupons, how long it takes to build a stockpile of coupons... and a little less on the amount of stuff they buy
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Page 61 of 114 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast

Thread Information