User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 19 of 114 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Different areas of the U.S. seem to have different norms for couponing. In Washington state doubling coupons doesn't seem to be that common. I was at Albertsons in WA last week and in their store flyer they had four coupons you could use to double four manufacturers' coupons. The mfr coupons could be up to and including $1.00 each....so a max savings of $8.00 from the 'doublers'. I ended up getting 2 x Philadelphia cream cheese for 50 cents each and two packages of Kraft Shredded 5-cheese for $1.00. Along with the reguar coupons, I did quite well for my first try at it.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I haven't seen the show but I am dying to now after reading everyone's comments!

The jealousy most of you have over American couponing makes me howl!!!!

I am very lucky to live on the border of Michigan and since HST came into effect, I do most of my shopping in the States. I have a Nexus card and can cross over the border most days in less than 5 minutes. Even after factoring in the bridge toll, I'd hazzard a guess I save a minimum of 60% compared to if I bought the same products in Canada. Certain things are SOOOO much cheaper... staples like milk, eggs, bread, cheese. The VARIETY of products they have that we don't is almost shocking. It's incredible. Some stuff is comparably priced or more expensive, though (ie: coffee, beauty products). I haven't figured out all the ins and outs of coupon shopping over there yet because I have been doing the bulk of my shopping at Sam's Club and they don't take coupons, but I am going to try.

I LOVE that a lot of stores in the states like Kroger, Meijer, and Target let you pre-load a store loyalty type card full of coupons from your computer at home and then when you get to check-out you just swipe your card at it's all automatically deducts the savings - paperless couponing! Plus, you can still take paper coupons and stack!

Trading Score
    176 (99%)

paperless couponing
    omgosh, I didn't even clue into that until you posted. Could you IMAGINE paperless couponing in Canada?? Be still my heart!
    Andrea
    My Blog: http://andreasfitness.blogspot.com

I joined Swagbucks and made $25 in 3 weeks! Its so easy! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rhiannon1891

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by iloveluca View Post

I LOVE that a lot of stores in the states like Kroger, Meijer, and Target let you pre-load a store loyalty type card full of coupons from your computer at home and then when you get to check-out you just swipe your card at it's all automatically deducts the savings - paperless couponing! Plus, you can still take paper coupons and stack!

How do you do that? I live close enough to the border that we shop 4-6 times a year and I would love to be able to stock up on some items, especially diapers.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks, I am going to watch it now!
    the original Shonkey...never ever leave home without your coupons! lol

Join SmartCanucks today! http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/index.php?referrerid=59318

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by andream View Post
    How do you do that? I live close enough to the border that we shop 4-6 times a year and I would love to be able to stock up on some items, especially diapers.
    Just watch out the tax issue hun.
    I'm a mama of 2 little monkeys, and they are the cutest monkeys of them all! ♥

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I think we should pick a store we want to stack at and all of us should write them. Not once but several times. see if we cn make it happen.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Melaniegreness click the link to sign up and search the web. You can earn things like free gift cards!

Trading Score
    343 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blackpup View Post
    I wish I had a wall full of powertabs

OMG that literally made me It'd make a great signature line
    DO YOU LIKE FREE!! SO DO WE!!
    EARN AMAZON.CA GIFT CERTIFICATES (AND MUCH MORE!!) JUST FOR SEARCHING THE WEB!! IT'S EASY AND FREE!!
    SWAGBUCKS IS WHERE IT'S AT SO DON'T DELAY, SIGN UP TODAY!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BFMamaOf2

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieG View Post
    I think we should pick a store we want to stack at and all of us should write them. Not once but several times. see if we cn make it happen.
    thats actually a cool idea and i think i would have to say super store but only beucase its the only store i know that has instore coupons.

or safeway because they have a discount card and you can add online cpns to your card and use manufactured coupons on top of that but they NEVER have good deals or online cpns that match with sales
    ~ SwagBucks ~
    Total Coupon Savings Since Nov.17,2010:$4760.11

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

ha, the gov here wouldn't allow it lol, thus my post a few spots back Our gov give us a break????? lol, maybe when pigs fly
    We should start a huge rally and see what happens lol
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

ya mostly with our like 12% tax or whatever it is here now. I miss AB when it was like 5% =( makes me wanna cry!
    ~ SwagBucks ~

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

tax on a tax on a tax No wonder so many ppl are trying to move to the states. Cheaper living all the way around. We have friends in Texas and went down a couple years ago, the prices of everything blew us away. Not easy to get into the states though to live. We've talked to many immigration lawyers and it's not easy My hubby is the one who wants to live there badly.
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dandyprat View Post
    ya mostly with our like 12% tax or whatever it is here now. I miss AB when it was like 5% =( makes me wanna cry!

But you have good weather!!! Its coooold in AB!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I saw it and all i can say is wow! but my husband said it wont work like that here in Canada. They have way more coupons given and they can even combine! From original bill of $600++, the lady only paid $8.00++!! That's totally extreme!!!!

I wanted to save the same amount but I dont think i can jump into dumpster just to get coupons.... or spend 8-10 hours in supermarket to get that iind of deal! But you'll definitely enjoy the show! I cant believe that such people exist!

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mhk View Post
    But you have good weather!!! Its coooold in AB!!!
    ya ture but i just had my 1 year and for being in BC from AB and it was -38 the day we left without wind chill. i do not miss that!
    ~ SwagBucks ~

Page 19 of 114 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread Information