User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 30 of 114 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tvwatcher View Post
    Wow. though I think they get more and better coupons in the states. That is incredible!
    They do get some better, but the stores offer double coupon days, plus on the back of their receipts they get 'spend x get x off coupons that they can use on real food to save etc)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

The closest we come is London Drugs, last spring before they started enforcing the 'you have to pay the sales tax'and our LD limited pm/stacking to 4 items and now 2 items, I got close to $400 of products for under $5...I donated a ton of stuff...now it is a little harder to get it down there,but I like the challenge! I often get $200 worth of items for just the taxes..But grocery stores in Canada? nope..
    I am inspired by how well people do at the SDM events! That could be a show in itself!

G

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

That's great - I loved the show - so a series is going to be fantastic!
    More stockpiles!! Woohoo!!
    Wanna get prizes and gift cards just for surfing the web?http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Tuktu60

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Sweet! Cant wait

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

That is exciting ... even my BF likes to watch these, lol!
    ... I'm earning $5-25 Amazon.ca gift cards EVERY month, are you?

P.S. ... starting to hunt for ShoppingChannel GC's with no minimum purchase ...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBella View Post
    Yay ! Just need cable now
    Maybe you can get a coupon for it.

get a better water filter

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

I find these people a bit whacko's as who the heck needs hundreds of deoderants and the same guy went and picked up another 61,he also picked up 30 some liquid hand soap and he had hundreds I would'nt pay the tax. I would never be able to use that many of those items. all the people on there had hundreds[or a heck of alot] of boxes of pasta who can use that much pasta in a lifetime not me,the way the woman talked about looking at her organized stock pile made me not want to stock anymore as it was so compulsive you could see that they all just liked collecting stuff,the guy did donate all that cereal to a charity which was great,even after all my critisizing I will be watching LOL as I'm a bit like they are.
    Last edited by glenglen; Mon, Jan 10th, 2011 at 06:42 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That's great.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by glenglen View Post
    I find these people a bit whacko's as who the heck needs hundreds of deoderants and the same guy went and picked up another 61,he also picked up 30 some liquid hand soap and he had hundreds I would'nt pay the tax. I would never be able to use that many of those items. all the people on there had hundreds[or a heck of alot] of boxes of pasta who can use that much pasta in a lifetime not me,the way the woman talked about looking at her organized stock pile made me not want to stock anymore as it was so compulsive you could see that they all just liked collecting stuff,the guy did donate all that cereal to a charity which was great,even after all my critisizing I will be watching LOL as I'm a bit like they are.
    most of the product purchased was donated after the show, but of course, that would make them appear 'normal' & philanthropic, not 'Extreme!!!!'
    couponers - TLC handpicked people who do 'extreme' couponing very well.

(and yes, they got Amanda, who is a wee bit compulsive & obsesses with stockpiling.)

me - I find couponing 'work' - the novelty of shopping at LD has worn off, and there's not many deals for 'free' food.

I do it to give stuff away; I gave someone a dozen cans of Chunky soup & 4 boxes of cereal and I felt, 'yes! more space' - I would rather have less stuff at my place than more.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by garbagepicker View Post
    The closest we come is London Drugs, last spring before they started enforcing the 'you have to pay the sales tax'and our LD limited pm/stacking to 4 items and now 2 items, I got close to $400 of products for under $5...I donated a ton of stuff...now it is a little harder to get it down there,but I like the challenge! I often get $200 worth of items for just the taxes..But grocery stores in Canada? nope..
    I am inspired by how well people do at the SDM events! That could be a show in itself!

G
    interesting that previously you didn't have to pay tax - 12% tax on $500 is $60 - I know I pick & choose what I buy, even for donations, depending if I feel like paying tax.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Other websites added the information that the series will be 12 half hour shows expected to premiere in the spring.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i'm on the edge about it... i mean i enjoyed the show and floored by the great deals they got and i think it will promote coupon use (heck just look at the influx of people on this site after it aired) but also some of the people are boarderline hoarders (the first woman for example is on her way to being a hoarder, she has given up her life for the coupon and the deal she'll drop everything for the rush of saving $$, has insurance on her collection, she has no place to put it all)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lady_arianna View Post
    well i believe i have read that 3 of the 4 people featured on the show actually donate (according to them of course)

nathan was apparently seen with a cereal stockpile in the background, and he also apparently brags (or did brag) that was made 12k in one year from reselling the items he gets for free, which was later deleted by him as he got more famous

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheKrazyCouponLady
    http://www.weusecoupons.com/upload/k...ping-trip.html
    http://www.weusecoupons.com/upload/k...roger-tlc.html

and well joyce she rocks she doesn't just give the people fish, she teaches them to fish as well, so they can help themselves
    Here's Joyce on Ellen's show
    http://www.misscoupondiva.com/learn-how-to-save.html

Shwa Girl

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here's the link to Joyce's segment that aired on the original episode, if anyone's interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-BsjPjm2bo

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I found a link to Joyce's segment from the original episode. Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-BsjPjm2bo

Page 30 of 114 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread Information