User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 56 of 114 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i'll admit i found it a thumbs up when she said soemthing like "couponers who say they coupon less then 10hrs a week are lying" it is true! once you consider how long you spend on forums, looking at flyers... the 10-15 minutes here and there surely add up! and add in the shopping time itself.. putting coupons into a binder.. yah i can see how i easily spend more then 10hrs a week couponing
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I just wish we had coupon matching at food stores!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I think the idea is just coupon shop for the show. I am sure they would do a regular grocery shop for meats and veggies. The whole idea behind coupons is save what you can with coupons to open up funds to help cover the cost of non coupon items

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by albertagirl1 View Post
    I think the idea is just coupon shop for the show. I am sure they would do a regular grocery shop for meats and veggies. The whole idea behind coupons is save what you can with coupons to open up funds to help cover the cost of non coupon items
    I'm pretty sure alot of them buy their meats and veggies at the same time like the twins did and use their overages to pay off part of the meat and veggies.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bella_bamba View Post
    Am i the only one who calls it cue-pons too?? LOL and yes i do get teased when people hear me say that but i've always called it that way! I always thought people say cou-pons were saying it funny, weird, or wrong! My mom does it too though.

Best part of the episode was the one falling in the dumpster. I just had to laugh.

I thought it was nice of the mom (notice her very skany low-neck top? Gross!) to share her stash with her son's friends although i hope they don't eat all that junk in one sitting! I haven't seen many episodes were these extreme couponers are actually sharing/donating their stash, even with extended family members!
    Yes, Desiree fell into a dumpster - one with a warning sign clearly labelled on the outside, showing that you should not climb into the dumpser. This is getting a little crazy.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    The first lady 60 hours couponing when does her child get her attention with her couponing scheduling.The second lady she had this crazed look buying 30 papers each week paying $2000 a year for subscriptions how is that saving money.Her son's friends seem to be taking stuff home with them.Why not teach their parents about couponing.She had a new SUV what about getting a used SUV and a smaller less fancy house would save money and the added cost of 5 computers well expensive.Still enjoy watching the show.
    I agree.

Also when Stephanie took the newspapers from foreclosed homes, is this not theft? The newspapers belong to the publisher. Any extras do not belong to Stephanie.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobuzz View Post
    I fell asleep during the show! Ack! I saw up to the chick falling in the dumpster....maybe I can catch it online or in a re-run.....
    Here's Desiree and Stephanie. The video is in the middle of the page
    http://www.channelcut.net/extreme-co...rae-stephanie/

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    i love how they don't show any of these people purchasing fresh fruits and vegetables.. it's all packaged crap and junkfood

I turned to my bf after the guy was done his shopping and shook my head. He said he only ahd a $50 grocery budget and I exclaimed "HE DIDNT BUY ANY FOOD!" and shook my head. lol

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

This show is really interesting to watch, but I really hate being compared to this show when doing a regular shop. It seems that just using more than a few coupons means you are clearly and extreme couponer now...ugh. No, I am not going home with a bizillion jars of mustard. I am buying my necessities and saving money on them! arrg. Just my two cents....saved, and in my pocket.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i think the term "crazy coupon lady" gets tossed around a bit to easily now a days
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Yes, Desiree fell into a dumpster - one with a warning sign clearly labelled on the outside, showing that you should not climb into the dumpser. This is getting a little crazy.
    I'm sorry but that was the highlight of the show for me. Too funny! Is it really worth crawling through garbage? Like someone said, what if there were needles or broken glass in there. *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i think the term "crazy coupon lady" gets tossed around a bit to easily now a days
    Yes it does and you should see the look on people's faces when i'm buying tons of cat food AND using coupons! Then i can imagine what they are thinking LOL oh yeah!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

I found it hard to believe that the one lady would spend 2000.00 a year on newspapers she was freaked out by a bill that 60.00 hmm,looks like she might be newspaper thief[LOL] there is a thread on here about how the couponers that stack in states steal papers and millions of papers were not accounted for,another thing I found weird was how she had an Cadillac Escalade and let all the neighborhood kids eat junk food of there choice she seems to have a huge disposable income,I seem to relate a coupon person to someone who needs to do this it makes sense to do it at any income but I just found it strange,almost like she was being greedy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There is a bunch of repeat episodes of Extreme Couponing this afternoon.

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

Here is a link to the episodes online if anyone is interested =)
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

what time does it begin at...i like watching these shows although not the same for Canadians...maybe one day
    Last edited by chloe2011; Sat, Apr 30th, 2011 at 10:46 AM.

Page 56 of 114 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast

Thread Information