User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 69 of 114 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1701
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Trading Score
    19 (95%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Yes, Rebecca's husband was not too happy with the cash register being stuck.

Loved that Kelly has a Kindle to track her spreadsheet of her grocery order while shopping. Coupon binder on one side of the cart and Kindle on the other. Really serious couponing and her total was -$0.31!
    Can you imagine if we, in Canada, we're able to come up with a similar total on our regular groceries while using THAT many coupons. The cashiers would have a stroke right there on the spot seeing that they needed to READ all these coupons and enter them in one at a time.....

The lawn chair idea would come in handy then!
    Last edited by quebecqueen; Thu, Jun 2nd, 2011 at 10:36 AM.
    Earn free points, get a chance to win a great contest.. Follow this link it's worth you time I swear

Or this link as well for Quebec residents..Free GC and more..

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by quebecqueen View Post
    Can you imagine if we, in Canada, we're able to come up with a similar total on our regular groceries while using THAT many coupons. The cashiers with have a stroke right there on the spot seeing that they needed to READ all these coupons and enter them in one at a time.....

The lawn chair idea would come in handy then!
    Soooooooo true!

Trading Score
    19 (95%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobuzz View Post
    Soooooooo true!

I would actually buy a darn chair just to sit there and watch if I saw someone pull that off.. I think I would laugh the whole time....LMAO
    Earn free points, get a chance to win a great contest.. Follow this link it's worth you time I swear

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by quebecqueen View Post
    I would actually buy a darn chair just to sit there and watch if I saw someone pull that off.. I think I would laugh the whole time....LMAO
    Buy two 2 chairs, I'll join ya and bring the drinks & popcorn! We can sit, watch & wait for the drama that will come!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Yep I'm in with the whole chair thingy, my DH would probably ask for a couch and a TV though, LOL
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    You big meanie, you!!

That's me!

I have a dear friend here in Van who is a Bruins fan as well, and I give him a good ribbing too.
    Last edited by BCSparkyGirl; Thu, Jun 2nd, 2011 at 10:03 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I just want a store to double!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Did you guys notice how much more focus was being put on the products now? I understand that this was all pre-filmed, but I think they may have decided not to blur a lot of product names now. At the start of the show they had all the items turned away from the camera and stuff blurred, but now it's like COTTONELLE, HEAD AND SHOULDERS, PAMPERS, KLEENEX, YAKISOBA, GLADE, STOVE TOP, etc etc etc. all in your face.

Watch as this show gets made for a second season, and essentially turns into a 21 minute commercial.
    Last edited by Chantel; Fri, Jun 3rd, 2011 at 03:33 AM.

Trading Score
    19 (95%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Did you guys notice how much more focus was being put on the products now? I understand that this was all pre-filmed, but I think they may have decided not to blur a lot of product names now. At the start of the show they had all the items turned away from the camera and stuff blurred, but now it's like COTTONELLE, HEAD AND SHOULDERS, PAMPERS, KLEENEX, YAKISOBA, GLADE, STOVE TOP, etc etc etc. all in your face.

Watch as this show gets made for a second season, and essentially turns into a 21 minute commercial.
    So true! I did not really realise it until you pointed it out. Companies will also get a piece of the pie, not just TLC.

Free advertisement for them for sure!

Senior Canuck Goddess in this Household's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Ooooo.....very clever! I never thought of it that way, but it makes perfect sense. Smart girl, Chantel!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I noticed it when the one woman went out of her way to say "this brand" instead of Pampers, while clearly pointing at Pampers, and then (not sure if it was the same woman) she said "can you grab me 7 packs of the brand of toilet paper that's on sale" and they pretty much zoomed in on the Cottonelle logo. The companies probably saw how popular the show was and wanted some free advertising.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Companies don't get free advertising, this is why the products were blurred out. Companies pay TLC to have their products shown on their show, not the other way around.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheapass View Post
    I noticed it when the one woman went out of her way to say "this brand" instead of Pampers, while clearly pointing at Pampers, and then (not sure if it was the same woman) she said "can you grab me 7 packs of the brand of toilet paper that's on sale" and they pretty much zoomed in on the Cottonelle logo. The companies probably saw how popular the show was and wanted some free advertising.

LOL! Cause when she asked the manager if he could go get her some of "that toilet paper that's on sale", I noticed, he hesitated before moving to think of what toilet paper she was referring to, w/o asking: "do you mean the Cottonelle?"

Trading Score
    19 (95%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    I actually just read it and I find it quite insulting. The ''reporter'' is making asumption from just watchin the one show and not doing her research on the subject at all.

She says quote'' Honestly, if it was me, I probably wouldn’t have the guts to bring hundreds of dollars worth of groceries to the cash and then pull out my wad of coupons that I had been hoarding for months.It takes a lot of nerve! ''

I know it's just her opinion but I think her article is just that, her opinion! her opinion based on 2 measly shows and no research. Great reporting!

Oh and also, I hate that she called her article ‘Extreme’ hoarders

Page 69 of 114 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast

Thread Information