User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 70 of 114 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1701
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i never noticed the product blur out not blur out! but i'm guessing they got approval from the company to show or the company contacted TLC to give the ok this does make me wonder after seeing all these stockpiles with similar products if the companies will be making smaller coupon values.. i'm sure since the show aired their coupon use has sky rocketed so as a company they have to adjust for that
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i never noticed the product blur out not blur out! but i'm guessing they got approval from the company to show or the company contacted TLC to give the ok this does make me wonder after seeing all these stockpiles with similar products if the companies will be making smaller coupon values.. i'm sure since the show aired their coupon use has sky rocketed so as a company they have to adjust for that
    Yes it seems that when a company finds out how much people are using their coupons for free or really cheap they adjust them and create limits to stop it. I'm really glad I stocked up on the P&G products before they changed the wording to prevent stacking. I noticed this time they even lowered the value on things like Tide. The only really good coupon they left was the Gillette B3S$5.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCSparkyGirl View Post
    Companies don't get free advertising, this is why the products were blurred out. Companies pay TLC to have their products shown on their show, not the other way around.
    Quite right. Every brand that is highlighted has paid TLC for the privilege. It's great advertising for them, but it's certainly not free.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

well.... i know the show is bringing a lot of "bad intention" people into couponing.

i know this chinese retired couple who buys these supplements, snacks etc for their family and friends in China. it started off as a gift whenever they visit and then it sort of branched out to family friends or coworkers wanting them to help them to buy stuff and pay them back. This retired couple's niece from NY actually "TAUGHT" them to make $$ off family friends because she could go online find coupons for them and just print hundreds of them and "get them for free"? When the retired couple asked how are they even going to get hundreds, the niece said "just call up the store and tell them to have it ready. everyone's doing it, I saw on TV!!"

Their niece is in college and from the sound of it is so influenced by the show. After I heard that I had a long talk with the couple and explain how "CANADIANS" coupon. Nothing like Americans and definitely not everything for free. The poor couple believed their niece and thought if you have coupons it's free??

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

This is a very interesting topic to follow and the different views. As a lady behind me in line last night said to me when I was appologizing for the wait and to the cashier for all the coupons he was having to punch in... "don't appologize, this is great and good for you for being able to do it." Surprisingly I had 3 people in line behind me all echo the same thing.

If you take the time to find the deals and coupons to get your groceries for free then WTG!! As long as you are following the terms and conditions put out by the manufacturer and store there is nothing wrong with it. You are just a smart shopper. Same with having a realistic stockpile that your family will use. That is just being prepared. As others have mentioned this has been going on for centuries. Families harvested and stored up food to use when they couldn't grow crops. Stockpiling is no different except that we shop sales and stock up while prices are low for when costs rise or for when money is short. I'm very thankful for my stockpile and the peace of mind that if something happens I can provide for my familiy for a few months without worrying.

I think some people have an image in their mind of people who coupon as someone who takes pieces of paper in and cheats the system out of money/products. When done correctly and to the extent (which yes I know we can't do up here) they do on the show it takes time and planning. Some peoples negative reaction I think comes from jealousy that they are not getting the same deals and that they don't understand how they can do it too.

I'm glad they are adding more tips on what and what NOT to do when couponing. It gives people a bit better idea as to what it will take to accomplish anything close to what they are doing. Unfortunately there are still people who will see this show and abuse the system by not following the terms and condition and trying to sneak them by the cashier.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

If couponing takes time at the checkout that isn't our fault, it's the stores fault. They are the ones who need to make it simpler. It's certainly possible as extreme couponing shows us. They can simply scan the coupons at the register in the US. That's the way it should be here, and I'm guessing it eventually will.

Those rolling their eyes at us should be rolling their eyes at the company. They're the ones who could make it simpler, but have so far chosen not to.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    If couponing takes time at the checkout that isn't our fault, it's the stores fault. They are the ones who need to make it simpler. It's certainly possible as extreme couponing shows us. They can simply scan the coupons at the register in the US. That's the way it should be here, and I'm guessing it eventually will.

Those rolling their eyes at us should be rolling their eyes at the company. They're the ones who could make it simpler, but have so far chosen not to.
    It still takes time for them though too.... one mentioned an hour and a half at the checkout. But yes it would be ALOT quicker for us if they could scan the coupons. Could you imagine how long it would take for a cashier to punch in a few hundred coupons??? lol.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I agree that scanning would be the way to go as if you notice, they never have to check an expiry date or that the right items are bought. It's already in the system. The same way that most of the store loyalty cards work. The computer already knows how many of that item were purchased and wont let more coupons be used than what is purchased. Having some of the cashiers scan our coupons for what seems like an eternity adds up if you are using several coupons. I think we will get scanning here, it will just take a bit.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I agree that scanning would be the way to go as if you notice, they never have to check an expiry date or that the right items are bought. It's already in the system. The same way that most of the store loyalty cards work. The computer already knows how many of that item were purchased and wont let more coupons be used than what is purchased. Having some of the cashiers scan our coupons for what seems like an eternity adds up if you are using several coupons. I think we will get scanning here, it will just take a bit.
    !00% agreement.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Quite right. Every brand that is highlighted has paid TLC for the privilege. It's great advertising for them, but it's certainly not free.
    Yes, yes, I was writing fast and said it wrong, I just meant that it was easy advertising

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    June 8 Scott & Jen Scott gets ready for the last shopping trip before his wife goes into labor.Jen uses couponing to home school her twins.June 8 Joni & Angelique Joni supports her family and charities through couponing.Angelique stays up all night planning for a shopping trip.
    I check the TLC website and Scott and Jen episode has been moved to June 15 but during last week's new show they were promoting the double episode on June 8.I guess we will see if we get a two new episodes or one new episode on Wednesday.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

do any of you techy people out there know what last weeks couponer was using to keep track of her shopping at the store? or anything similar that could be used that way? Thanks

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I heard people saying it was a kindle, but thought it was an ipad.

That's no help at all, is it?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tdjca View Post
    do any of you techy people out there know what last weeks couponer was using to keep track of her shopping at the store? or anything similar that could be used that way? Thanks
    I think it is a Kindle. She probably got a good deal on it too.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I think it is a Kindle. She probably got a good deal on it too.
    Can you do spreadsheets on a Kindle? I thought it was just for reading.

Page 70 of 114 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast

Thread Information