User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Has anyone done any stacking recently at LD? There is a thread in the "coupon" section that states LD has made some changes to their stacking policy and no longer will allow coupons that have the following wording to be stacked....

"Not to be combined with any other offer or coupon"
    "Not valid in conjunction with any other coupon"
    "Coupons/offer not valid in conjunction with other offers, promotions, or discounts"

This was an employee of a store in Kelowna that provided this information. Just wondering if anyone has tried recently and had coupons with such wording rejected.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs

artsy
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I stacked on Thursday no problems

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

i stacked today at ld stony plain took the cashier ovr an 30min to ring in 3 coupons not a very fun experience but i stacked the $7 and $4 secert deordant p&g brandsaver's

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

I stacked yesterday in St. Albert, no problems.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

i deleted my rant...sorry I posted this
    Last edited by krempy; Tue, Mar 15th, 2011 at 07:06 PM.

EASY PAYPAL $$ - GetCashForSurveys - receive $50 free when you take your first paid survey! Brand new site--now open to Canadian residents, reserve your spot before it's full--get paid for your opinion!

My Wish List in under 'About Me' on my profile page

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks for sharing! So for the whitestrips, was she saying you could only use 4 like the coupons states and not 6 or not at all? I'm confused. Which coupons were you trying to stack? I've looked over my coupons and a lot of them have the "not to be combined with any other coupon or offer" wording. I wonder what will happen with those
    Last edited by LADYJANE; Tue, Mar 15th, 2011 at 07:14 PM.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

How were you able to use 24 of the same coupon on 8 bags of dog food? I thought in order to stack coupons had be different.
    "We do not inherit the earth from our parents; we borrow it from our children." ~ Chief Seattle

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by bnjj View Post
    How were you able to use 24 of the same coupon on 8 bags of dog food? I thought in order to stack coupons had be different.
    I was thinking the same thing!!!

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

also thought that?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So I emailed London Drugs for a recent copy of their revised coupon policy. She highlighted the changes. They are as follows:

• If a coupon states it cannot be used or combined with any other coupon offer, then that coupon cannot be used with other coupons.
    • Only one coupon per purchase. This means only one of this exact type of coupons can be used. (multiple coupons can be used as long as they are all different)

What I'm wondering is if the part with regards to the "one per purchase" is now being interpreted as "one per transaction". I'm a little confused as to what they mean by that. I'm really hoping they are just saying that only one per stack can be used as we all know anyway but then why the addition to the policy? I have waiting on a response for clarification.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I guess I was confusing....
    up until last week I was able to use multiple coupons that were the same for the purchase of one item. Now, I guess they are implementing the "only one of each" so I think stacking will be harder to do because it is often difficult to get multiple coupons that are "different" for the same item--usually the manufacturer only has a few coupons available for that particular item at the same time.

Yes, they wouldn't accept my multiple Crest Whitestrips coupons (that were the same) to pay for the item. She would have taken one of my P&G insert coupons plus one save.ca coupon, but that would have only got me $10 off the $29.99 whitestrips so I told her I didn't want it.

Yes, previously I was able to use multiples that were exactly the same to bring the purchase price down to 0. Isn't that the ultimate goal of coupon stacking???

EASY PAYPAL $$ - GetCashForSurveys - receive $50 free when you take your first paid survey! Brand new site--now open to Canadian residents, reserve your spot before it's full--get paid for your opinion!

My Wish List in under 'About Me' on my profile page

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Everything I've ever read on this site said the coupons had to be different in order to stack at LD.
    "We do not inherit the earth from our parents; we borrow it from our children." ~ Chief Seattle

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

I have the coupon policy and it is a new one, it states that they have to be different that's it, one coupon per purchase has been on coupons for years that has always meant 1 per item, LD doesn't follow that guideline,it sounds like the wording just though the CS cashier off and she interpreted it or she was allowing 4 of the same coupon and no more, but that doesn't effect stacking!

Coupon Ninja in Training astrid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Yeah, I didn't think we were ever allowed to use two coupons that were exactly the same one one item; they had to be different in some way, either a different bar code, or at least a different appearance. This would be the second bullet point in LADYJANE's posting. In my experience, you have to get a few different coupons for the same item to be able to get it for free.

As for the original posting, I would say that every couple of months there's a "scare" about LD changing their coupon policy, so I wouldn't worry about it until it actually happens to you!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

Yes astrid your right the BIG SCARY HAIRY LONDON DRUG MONSTER comes out to scare us all!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information