User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So we're renting a new house and leaving our old one - kind of sad about it - we've lived here 4 1/2 years and have gotten forced out by aggressive and loud people who rented upstairs last sept

They've had parties
    - loud tunes
    - a pitbull that never gets walked so it fills the yard with poop
    - locked the yard so we can't access our storage shed
    - takes all the parking spaces on purpose (they told us that)
    -loud sex and she screams swear words so loud that we all can hear it
    -actually told us they would make our lives hell until we left

- our landlady will not do anything about it so we had to get out - and we actually gave her 2 months notice as a nice consideration for her

A lot of stressful fights with the two people upstairs and then they started piling all the dog poop right next to our daughters bedroom window (which is at ground level) - she couldn't sleep in there until we put plastic up they were finally told to clean it up

So worried about hubby who has high blood pressure - and I've got hair falling out due to the stress

The new place costs extra to rent but it's a condo/townhouse and there will be no body living above us finally! We were planning to buy next year so it's quite frustrating to have to relocate this year - would have been nice to stay put

anyways just wanted to vent a bit - things have got to get better soon - our new landlord was nice enough to let us have the keys this thursday and not charge extra rent! So we can get out sooner
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Ugh, where do people like this come from??

Honestly I am beginning to think that there are a large group of people with no soul.

Who would do that to a child?????

Glad to hear you are moving even if it is inconvenient, after we rented a townhome we would never go back!
    Keep it carbed......

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momofkali View Post
    Ugh, where do people like this come from??

Honestly I am beginning to think that there are a large group of people with no soul.

Who would do that to a child?????

Glad to hear you are moving even if it is inconvenient, after we rented a townhome we would never go back!
    We had misgivings right away - they stopped in to meet us when they were looking at the place - a 25 year old guy and his girlfriend - the only saving grace was that his dad was moving in as well so we figured that he would keep things in check - well turned out that he was only living there on paper - he was never around - and they never told us it was a pit bull - just said they had a little dog Even though he stopped by and said they would keep it down and not bring their stuff in late they were bringing in furniture and creating a lot of noise well past 11 each night! His girlfriend kept walking around the house in high heeled boots while doing it!

We were very clear about when the kids go to bed and what rooms they had and that we were very quiet people who don't really go out - and the confrontation the other week was that guy getting angry about all those things as if he had no idea - the best part was when he got angry that our son was crying - he was crying because he was tired because the loud music and noise kept us all up late!!
    Last edited by Aviallani; Mon, Mar 22nd, 2010 at 09:49 AM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i'm so sorry that you have move under these circumstances i just don't understand how these people could be so rude i wish all the luck in your new place and gl with the move i hope this new place is better for you and your family

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks! We just had a bad run of luck with people upstairs - the first had 3 big dogs that were noisy and barked non stop when the owners were out - that didn't end well - the guy got drunk every night and would purposely bang on the floors to wake up the kids - the second set were people with kids so the noise level was consistent with ours (louder through the day and nice and quiet at night) but their kids stole anything we left outside and would stare in our windows through the day (seriously found kids sitting on our lawn with snacks watching our tv through the window!) They stiffed the landlady for thousands of dollars in unpaid rent and damages - we felt so bad for her and that's the reason we gave her extra notice even though we were leaving due to the new tenants noise

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

never hesitate to call the city when you have problems like this.
    once they get involved, the landlord has to act, or they get in big trouble.

glad you're getting out of the situation.

ps, it's still not too late to call the city on them one last gift before you go! don't have to tell them that you are moving anyways. just tell them you are a tenant and there are these issues.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Some ppl do not have common sense or courtesy. I hate people like this...no respect for others only themselves. In college the "kid" (and I say kid bc his behavior was just like a 2 year old) net door was insane! I literally was fearful one night he would break down the wall between my room and his...music on until 4am I had class at 8...he got his stereo taken away then the one night that I could not handle it anymore is when his friends and him started trying to throw out all the furniture in the room out the 3x3 window and ended up smashing it...needless to say he was evicted form campus but I already asked for a room transfer...bc of him and a kookoo roommate haha

Hope your new place brings you peace and stress free living!
    Last edited by VeeVee; Mon, Mar 22nd, 2010 at 10:53 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    never hesitate to call the city when you have problems like this.
    once they get involved, the landlord has to act, or they get in big trouble.

glad you're getting out of the situation.

ps, it's still not too late to call the city on them one last gift before you go! don't have to tell them that you are moving anyways. just tell them you are a tenant and there are these issues.
    We did call the city! They gave a warning - that's the day he waited outside for hubby to get off work and then started screaming at us! At that point the issue was just not cleaning up the poop - after we reported it to the city is when he actually started piling it on purpose next to DD's window - when I called the city again they said the by law officer said it was in large piles and apparently that's ok! I lost it - I said that the pile was next to our window!! I seriously thought I was losing all sanity when the city and the landlady didn't appear to care what was going on! Finally hubby called the city again and got a way better reaction - I guess it's all in who you get

He also wrote a letter to the landlady stating that either the poop was cleaned up over the weekend or she would have to pay a service to clean up or else we would leave right away and she would owe us back half the months rent - we also took pictures and showed her the huge pile

She answered that she would not pay to clean it up - would not give us rent back and that she would be at the house after the weekend if it was not cleaned up - she stated that she did not believe this was done on purpose - I guess she felt the dog was trained to poop in one spot?!!?!

Phew - sorry for the rants but this has been so very stressful!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Omg, these people sound insane! How could you stand it for so long?
    I had really bad neighbours once (shared a wall with them in a townhouse).
    All summer these people were screaming and having parties all night long. The walls were so thin that I could hear people having normal conversations through them, so loud music and yelling really didn't help the situation. Finally one night at the end of summer/beginning of school these guys had a huuge party and it got really out of control. The police showed up not once but THREE times and they still kept on partying. There was a balcony right outside my bedroom window and the party-ers were climbing up my balcony and could see me in my bed!! Then they were climbing on my roof. A lot more happened and so I wrote a very long email to my landlord. Thankfully he was there at the crack of dawn screaming at them and gave them an eviction notice if they didn't start changing their ways. Our landlord then told me to keep him updated if things didn't change. I was so happy.
    They came by afterward and said that we don't have to go to the landlord, just let them know to tone it down. Good thing I wasn't there, I would be screaming in their faces that when the police show up you should know that someone wants it toned down!!!
    Anyway, that was a long rant from me. I feel so upset for you, I don't know what I would do because I feel like they would "win" if I moved out. However, I don't have kids to worry about. I really hope your new place works out for you!
    "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Unfortunately, it's the joys of being a renter! We have had similar problems in the past. We also had a landlords child expose himself to our 3 yr old son (at the time) and called him horible racial names... They were EI and we are caucasian. We talked to the parents, they confronted the son in front of us. He admited he did it, they said he should apologize, he said no and walk away. The parents smiled and closed the door on us. WE moved very shortly after that.

We now own our own home, it's been 4 yrs now. I will never rent again! However, even as a homeowner you are not guaranteed good neighbours. Hope you all have a happier and healthier life!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Move quick and never look back.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Gosh, those neighbours sound like disgusting people! Its sad how many people have such blatant disprespect for others! I think its good your moving! You shouldn't have to put up with that kind of filth! I really hope that this new place is way better for you guys.
    Last edited by Sally888; Mon, Mar 22nd, 2010 at 12:25 PM.

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

I believe everything happens for a reason and although we do not know what that reason is today we someday.Brighter days ahead.Enjoy your new home.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow thanks everyone!! things are definitely going to be better - we just need to get our stuff out this weekend hopefully with no issues - hubby has a lot of big guys he works with that are going to help us - and they are all pretty angry with the upstairs people so that should put an end to anything going wrong

I know it feels like they win if we are the ones who leave but in all reality we need to keep our kids health and safe - not stay and fight the good fight - it was hard to get to this point but it will all be better soon!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

omg, what a shame.
    it's heart wrenching when decent ppl have to put up with such nonsense.
    good riddance to stupid ppl.
    i hope you and your family can have some peace of mind and heart, and leave this garbage behind you and forget the whole situation.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information