User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    48 (100%)

That's incredible. I applaud you on keeping your cool, being so polite and professional. I do hope the manager does something about it. No one should be treated like that.

Luvcoupons
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

you are right, we are coupon user not Criminal, I love your statement.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

omg....i agree... depends on your luck at sdm, each cashier says different things about the coupons...sometimes they say you can only use 1 coupon and some just dont care...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I had an issue with SDM last week too! First location they couldn't figure out how to scan my x20 the points Scott Towels coupon I got in the mail from SDM. Had to get a manager to manually add it to my card after the transaction b/c the cashier said "Sorry, there's no barcode so you can't use this!" I was like "But it came from you guys, it's an SDM coupon!"...she just slid it back to me. Anywho, so the manager manually gave me the points but for some reason gave me too many. Instead of 4,000....I got 30,000!! I couldn't believe it when I went to redeem during bonus pts weekend. Kinda makes up for the ty service I've received over the years!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i've quit trying to use cpns that are over the sale amt at SDM becuz they never accept them from me. easier just to go to Walmart where they dont blink an eye.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Actually the 'stealing' of coupons (people taking a whole pad) has made a SDM near my work put up one taping it to the shelf with VOID on it and telling you if you want them to ask at the cash
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    15 (94%)

Um, could you please PM me with the softlip coupon thread? >sheepishly< I didn't see it!!! Lynn
    Lynn

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

I don't know about you guys but i already had 2 horrible experiences at 1 SDM, and their customer service seems to be going down the hill!!! i am not going back to that particular location. I am sorry you had to experience this too, but we (not just coupon users but CONSUMERS!!!!) have to keep complaining to SDM HO so they can realize that their customer service is horrible. We all deserve to be treated with respect and not like criminals. JMO!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Actually the 'stealing' of coupons (people taking a whole pad) has made a SDM near my work put up one taping it to the shelf with VOID on it and telling you if you want them to ask at the cash
    OMG...that's CRAZY!! The number of tear pad coupons that stores throw away is unbelieveable and that is with the coupons actually being on dispaly on shelves. This SDM is now going to be throwing away HOARDS of coupons upon expiry date. Such a waste to the environment (with all that waste of high end gloss paper), waste to the manufacturer (who puts $$ out for advertising/marketing costs), and a waste of time for the Smart Soure rep who allocates his/her work time to put the coupons in the store.

What a joke!

Really looking for diaper coupons for my DIAPER DONATION COLLECTION!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is horrible treatment. All you wanted to do was use a coupon! How rude, I would definetley complain.
    Wanna get paid giftcards and Paypal cash? Join Swagbucks right now!
    Don't you want free giftcards, prizes and money just for clicking?
    I've earned $180! Join Superpoints today

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Not really, they are a busy store and their coupons are usually gone within days of being put up - I appreciate being able to get a couple from the manager rather than someone taking all of them
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    110 (100%)

I agree that they vary greatly by location. I went yesterday to take part in the 20X event, to the location that used to be my favourite. I grabbed enough things that I was pretty sure my subtotal would be over $50 even after my coupons, but some of the prices on the shelves were wrong, and my items were cheaper than I thought. So here's where the fun began...the lady scanned all my items, and then the 20X certificate that I had lying on the counter, and then gave me my total, and I grabbed my coupons out of the cart and gave them to her with my $50 GC to pay for the purchase. Well, as soon as she saw coupons, she turned angry, and said that my subtotal (at that point $58 before tax) was going to drop below $50 once she entered the coupons. I said I didn't think that mattered, since you always get 20X the points on normal bonus days even if your coupons bring your original subtotal below the $50 requirement...and she said that should NOT be the case, and she would certainly not allow that to happen if she noticed it!!! She said she shouldn't even TAKE my coupons since she had already scanned the 20X page!!! I again said I couldn't understand the problem, but that if it would make things better I'd go grab a few more items. She ignored this, took off the coupons, and then scolded me more when my subtotal dropped to $41...and said that I probably would not get to keep the 20X points, since they're not being granted until next week, because the SDM powers that be would most likely notice that I had used coupons to bring down my total, and they'd take back any points that were granted...so I might see them for a little while, but then they'd VANISH!!! And the computer, on top of this, just kept telling her to give me a $10 GC since that was also a current promotion, but she just kept cancelling that, so I never got a GC, and now I'm scared I won't get the points either!!! Does anyone know the official policy on this? I'm afraid to write to SDM in case it really ISN'T supposed to give bonus points if you use coupons, because I don't want to ruin it for everyone else. I even told her that I knew people across the country who all get bonus points on purchases that end up below the $50 after coupons, and she said that none of them SHOULD be getting those points. I felt like a total criminal!!!
    Later, I went to a new store, and had the completely opposite experience (although this time I made SURE my subtotal after coupons was over $50)...but at that store, I was treated wonderfully, the lady was VERY patient with my MANY coupons, and gave me both bonus points and the gift card. I think that'll be my new location of choice!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by starlight4991 View Post
    where do you find the softlips coupon that doesnt state it cannot be used with a sale? :/
    The Softlips coupon that you print from www.softlips.ca says you can't use them on sale price.

EdmontonSaver EdmontonChristine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by michelle! View Post
    So yo got 12 (twelve!), then went back to the first store just to have a conflict with the staff? Maybe if you didn't use so many they wouldn't suspect people of photo copying them. I doubt they'd be too upset if you took your business to Wal-mart
    This person prolly works there, lol, maybe she's the cashier you saw judging by that attitude, haha

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I went to a SDM this morning, and was told that I could not get an item for free, and even if they did accept the coupon, they would have to charge me at least a Penney??? Anyone else ever heard of this?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information