User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went into the downtown Plaza Centre Coop this afternoon and in between the entrance doors there was a young guy standing there asking if I want to donate to the SPCA.He had one of those cans that are left by charities by the cash registers.I said no thanks to donating.I go to the customer service because I was really suspicious.I ask the lady there if they actually collecting for the SPCA.She didn't know so she calls another lady she goes to the front entrance.Don't know what happened but he wasn't there when I left the store.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Poirot; Wed, Aug 3rd, 2011 at 12:47 AM.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

So sad people do this and ruin for those who really are looking for donations.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

What a jerk!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Melaniegreness click the link to sign up and search the web. You can earn things like free gift cards!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

That's terrible.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Also watch out for the guys that frequent the mall and grocery store parking lots. His story is hes stranded and collecting money for a bus ticket. Sometimes the wife is sick. I have been confronted by the same guy a couple times. Hes at it again as my BF was hit up at sobeys lot. I think people are on to him as he said people kept saying no.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Keeks View Post
    Also watch out for the guys that frequent the mall and grocery store parking lots. His story is hes stranded and collecting money for a bus ticket. Sometimes the wife is sick. I have been confronted by the same guy a couple times. Hes at it again as my BF was hit up at sobeys lot. I think people are on to him as he said people kept saying no.

Young kid? Like in his 20's? Or no, lol!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yupp, I had that kid hit me up last summer. I told him I thought it was odd that he was asking for money for a bus ticket, when he is riding a bike....he took off VERY FAST after I said that lol!

If it's the same kid/guy we are all talking about...a friend of mine says he is addicted to meth, and is also the person who is the cause of many car break in's at the village mall/parkland mall area.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyah View Post
    Yupp, I had that kid hit me up last summer. I told him I thought it was odd that he was asking for money for a bus ticket, when he is riding a bike....he took off VERY FAST after I said that lol!

If it's the same kid/guy we are all talking about...a friend of mine says he is addicted to meth, and is also the person who is the cause of many car break in's at the village mall/parkland mall area.

Nah, not same guy.

I had time to listen to this guy's story... crazy, and a lot like other people that just can't make it work the way the system currently is. Think of the "Golden Voice" man...

If you have a record for even something minor, years back, you can't get "this" to get "that," which you need to get "this"... it's a horrible cycle!

I bought this guy some chili at Tim Hortons, lol! But no money!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My Mum told me a man asked her the other day for some money for cigarettes.She said no.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

That is so frustrating, it turns people off of making donations to actual causes!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was walking to the mall and an old guy wanted to sell me a joke book.It looked like a small white paper pamphlet.I said no.The other week another old guy wanted to sell me a fish joke book looked the same as tonight's booklet.I said no.Anyone else get these guys bugging them?What a weird way to beg for money.I'm not opening my wallet until I get inside a store to buy something for myself.I don't trust people not to knock me down and grab my purse if I opened my purse in front of them.
    Last edited by Poirot; Wed, Aug 3rd, 2011 at 12:53 AM.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I was approached by an middle age guy with mustache and dark brown hair, tall, skinny. Asked me if I wanted to buy his gift card for Wal Mart that had $100 on it and was giving it to me for $20 (He did show me the card and he was saying he didnt need it so he was trying to get some cash for it). I said no thanks and he walked away. Assumed he stopped next person he saw on the parking lot. But boy, anyone can get those empty gift cards and try to pass them as loaded for cheaper. You just have to be smarter than the crook.

Follow my Beauty Blog on instagram @officialbestofglam
    or on facebook @bestofglam

I write reviews on all new and upcoming beauty products
    Sephora is my grand love

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

what a jerk, he probably stole that SPCA tin, there are still plenty of jobs out there if someone needs extra $$$.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

All these panhandlers get on my nerves. I never give them money, but have given them food. Like a snack bar I keep on hand for the kids. There was a young guy hanging out at the north Shoppers. He came to my car as I was getting out. I told him to NEVER approach people while they are getting out their vehicles.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Like Marny, my husband also gives food. He works with community during night and sees lots of old people that are homeless walking at all kinds of hours. And he feels sad for them because they are old and especially in the winter time, he likes to stop them and offer them coffee or hot chocolate to keep them warm. He usually will drive them to nearest Tim Hortons and buy them whatever food they want. But he will refuse to give money to anyone, most of the times (but not always) they use it for alcohol or drugs and my husband will not support their addictions (rightfully so). So, I agree with Marny, if we can, we will help but to give them money. No, thank you.

Follow my Beauty Blog on instagram @officialbestofglam
    or on facebook @bestofglam

I write reviews on all new and upcoming beauty products
    Sephora is my grand love

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information