User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sorry you had to endure a horrible shopping experience. I encountered the one item per purchase rule the other day as well. I had the SC phone HO to find out if by purchase they meant per item or per transaction, they said it meant transaction, but that I could use my coupons on seperate reciepts so they wouldn't bother doing that and would just ring my order through? Kind of confusing. At no time was anyone rude, other then the cashier rolling her eyes once. The store manager should be disiplined for his behavior and you definitely deserve an apology in fact he should be reprimanded severely for his behavior which was uncalled for. Stand your ground and follow up until you get satisfaction, I would send my own email to the head office, giving them your side of the event. Remeber his actions are his own it's on him, not you, he was out of line. If this is their new policy then they should have their coupon policy posted and give customers fair warning before they change it. I will be shopping at Zeller's less now if this is in fact their new policy. Keep your head up you were doing something hounorable, don't let anyone stop you. Big Hug!

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

They should get back to you soon. I e-mailed them last night with a complaint (not about coupons) and they had e-mailed me back this morning when I woke up.

Earn swagbucks while you surf - http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/graciesm

Trading Score
    343 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by michelle! View Post
    imo it IS greedy to take TEN of each item and attempt to get them all free by taking trial sizes. If others did that only a few could make the purchase. Wish more stores would stop that.

Again, you have no "rights as a consumer" to use coupons at all. Stores don't have to take them at all.

IMO you seem to have a lot of 'opinons' here on SC & 99% of them are negative. Honestly, I'm getting SO tired of all the negativity that's been popping up lately (and not just from you.....there are many others as well.....) What ever happened to "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all?"

How is it greedy to purchase these items in order to make up shelter baskets?!? WTH?!? I purchase MANY, MANY, MANY trial size items from MANY, MANY, MANY different stores (there are more than just Zellers that sell trial sizes) and give them ALL away to the local shelters & food banks in my area. How greedy of me.

If there is nothing stating "one coupon per customer" (per purchase clearly means per item) and the coupon does not have an exclusion for trial sizes, then the consumer can use it on that product. I also disagree with your statement that stores 'do not have to take them at all' comment. If it is in their coupon policy that they accept coupons, then yes, they DO have to take them. Yes...it is up to us to ensure the coupon being presented is in the right context - but if said coupon states 'ANY' without a size restriction then the trial sizes can & should be included....why wouldn't they? The Nivea coupon has exclusions, but the 15ml is not excluded, so what's the problem? Some say that the company most likely meant to include that size in the restrictions.......how do we know that for sure? The trial size isn't listed in the exclusions tho, plain & simple so if a consumer chooses to use it on those AND the store reads the coupon and chooses to accept it (which, since the trial size isn't listed on the exclusions so most likely they would accept it) then to each their own.

TM2C
    DO YOU LIKE FREE!! SO DO WE!!
    EARN AMAZON.CA GIFT CERTIFICATES (AND MUCH MORE!!) JUST FOR SEARCHING THE WEB!! IT'S EASY AND FREE!!
    SWAGBUCKS IS WHERE IT'S AT SO DON'T DELAY, SIGN UP TODAY!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BFMamaOf2

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    125 (99%)

michelle!... was the manager you?? just saying, you seem to take this awfully personally. Regardless of the coupon policy, that manager has no right to speak to a paying customer like that. Whether she's paying with real money or with coupons. If there needs to be a clarification on policy or coupon wording, that can be done in a kind way that involves no raised voice, and both parties leaving feeling respected.

I have a feeling the tone and way she was treated was far more important to guccigoo22, than the fact that she couldn't use all of her coupons.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

that is terrible ((HUGS)). I hope that there is some repercussion for the original Zellers manager!!
    Earn free rewards just by searching...click on link to join!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/AustinsMomma79

Trading Score
    26 (96%)

Quote Originally Posted by middleclassmom View Post
    I am getting serisouly sick of you only coming on to SC to bash people. EVERY single post you have made is negative, or derogatory, or snide to the OP. Did you join SC this month just to hurt people's feelings????

I hope a MOD will seriously look at this poster's history on SC.
    I so agree! Where are the mods??
    Who ever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know how to shop with coupons!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

:3some: Hugs for you. How awful! No customer should ever be treated like that for any reason! Especially by a manager, omg!
    "Never will you get a better psychological subject than a hungry cat" Dr. E. Thorndike
    "Never ask a hungry cat whether he loves you for you alone" L. Camuti

Trading Score
    343 (100%)

No matter how many times you say you wish it was so...it does not make it so

Unfortunately(?) it is the stores who get to decide what their policies are, not customers or internet posters. Clearly all the major stores in Canada have decided "when the coupon says one per purchase it means the customer may use one per transaction".

All you have to do is make the effort to read the polices, many people have put them right in front of you here.
    I never said I wish it was so. It is so. I have NEVER had a problem with the 'one per purchase' coupons EVER as I am fully capable of reading & comprehending proper English. And I have using coupons for a very long time. I am very well aware of the coupon policies, but I thank you for your concern in regards to my ability to read & use a computer.

'One per CUSTOMER' or 'One per TRANSACTION' means that you are only allowed to use one coupon per transaction. 'One per purchase' means one per item being purchased. I have shown managers the difference between these terminologies many different times by showing them 2 different coupons stating these difference and they have been in agreement every single time after seeing the difference in the wording. So how does this make me *wish* it was so? I am never rude, mean or belligerent - but will kindly hold my ground and treat the cashiers & managers with respect and courtesy. A little kindness can go a long way. You might want to try it.

CLEARLY, not all of the major stores in Canada have decided this. YOU seem to have decided this. And I'm pretty sure YOU are not the one taking my coupons or the one in charge of deciding what the wording means.

All it takes to clarify this point is to individiually point to each item in my TRANSACTION and state "this is a purchase (point to first item), this is a purchase (point to second item), this is a purchase (point to third item), etc" then collectively indicate to ALL of my PURCHASES and state "and THIS is a TRANSACTION that totals all of my PURCHASES".

The stores get to decide their coupon policy, yes. And they should follow that policy. Properly.

But, like has been stated, I believe OP was more concerned about the way that she was treated by a MANAGER in regards to her purchases. Not so much the purchases being made, but the rude, derogatory comments and attitude she faced while trying to make her purchase. Coupons aside, it is not acceptable to be treated the way she was & there was a much more diplomatic route in which her transaction SHOULD have been handled, especially from a person in a position of authority.

NOBODY has the right to talk down to ANYBODY else, regardless of who they think they are or what their position in life is. You included.
    EARN AMAZON.CA GIFT CERTIFICATES (AND MUCH MORE!!) JUST FOR SEARCHING THE WEB!! IT'S EASY AND FREE!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Last edited by marchBB; Thu, Apr 28th, 2011 at 11:35 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

I have the spoken to the head office on the phone from zellers ans they offered yo send me a coupon policy via e-mail and it and they stated that we can use a coupon for each item purchased if we have a coupon up to 20+ coupons before it has to be O.K.ed by a manager ,the manager that made you cry was full of it you do have a right to use coupons and as long as you follow the rules in the store coupon policy you are within your rights,

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

I'm sick of this michelle on here she has responded only negatively to threads to put the other members down I have reported her again, your offended please report her as she is a troll that just joined recently on here to insult coupons users which is not excepeted on here for any reason, she has done this on other threads.

Trading Score
    343 (100%)

What the zellers employees have just been given on coupons is SCANNED in the thread linked to above...
    What a Zellers employee at ONE store has just received.
    This does not necessarily mean ALL stores. I have also phoned their H.O. to have the policy clarified & received the same information as glenglen.

Was also at Zellers just yesterday and used multiple coupons in one transaction that stated one per purchase AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK with a MANAGER inputting them & was not questioned about any one of them or restricted in any way from using more than one coupon.

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I feel so sorry for the OP being treated like that. No paying customer deserves that.

I also feel sorry for Michelle...how awful it must be to live an existence of pure misery. Most of us come on here because we love it and we enjoy couponing. Too bad Michelle can't find a hobby that makes her happy. Oh well, some people just go through their entire lives being miserable and the only glimmer of joy they get is when they think they've made someone else as miserable as them. Poor Michelle.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

michelle! has been given a warning. Please discuss this positively or refrain from coming into this thread at all.

There are ways to politely discuss or debate issues, but I haven't seen a whole lot of that on SC lately and I'm quickly losing patience because of it. Wrong or right on an issue, everyone needs to step back and think of how their messages come across to others and think of a way to positively word it.
    Last edited by AmberLab; Thu, Mar 24th, 2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: typo

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hugs to the OP - Sorry you had to encounter such poor customer service. I hope you hear back from HO soon and if not elevate your complaint. Store managers may have all the power with regards to coupons, but they do NOT have the right to treat couponers (or anyone else) like that.

And Michelle, I'm new here, but I notice you seem to favor the retail stores and have a very negative opinion of couponers. So why exactly are you here?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information