User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    121 (98%)

Warning!!! Yet another Zellers rant. (kinda looong)
    I hate to do it, but this was WAY over the line for me.

I decided to do some shopping for my donation packs, after getting some slidy bags from No frills yesterday. My Zellers, has usually been good with coupons, a little slow maybe, but very kind.

I've been gathering and saving up the $1 Crest coupons, to use on the travel mouthwashes. (10)

Grabbed 10 tiny Dawn bottles, was very happy that they had like a whole display full still! (5 coupons)

Found 5 Adidas men's deoderant on clearance for $2 yay! (5 coupons)

Got 5 Nivea hand creams, the ones that were $1.99, not $1.49. (5 coupons)

3 BBQ sauces sale for .99 (no coupons)

1 pair of shoes, some shirts and pants for my DD.

Put all the clothes, and BBQ sauces first. I told the cashier I had coupons for the rest, she said ok. After she rang everything in, she gave me the total. I reminded her I had coupons, so we began...

First the Dawn, she scrutinised a bit, but got em in. Then the Adidas, she did not like that, spent literally about 7 minutes, but put them through. Then the Nivea. The coupon was for .1 over the price, so she had to call the Manager. I offered to take them off, as well as the Crest rinses (also .1 over), since I had a line behind me, and she was beginning to get rude with me (the cashier, not the line lol)

She said no, they`re already on the bill, I have to ask my manager. The Manager comes (i`d never met him). And he looks at the coupons, and tells me I can only accept one coupon.

I said ok, take the other ones off, on closer look, the fine print on the Nivea states one per customer.

That`s not what he meant. He meant choose one coupon for my whole transaction. Of all the coupons, for all the products.

He told me that this is Zellers official coupon policy, and that he`d been with the company for 15 years. I told him I had never encoutered this, in all the years i`d been shopping at Zellers, but ok. I also asked for his name, as I wanted to follow up with corporate. I was not rude, in fact I thought I was quite polite and articulate.

He then said loudly, that greedy people like me, take all the coupons, to cheat companies, and try to scam free stuff. That I should be ashamed!

This was after I had explained that I was purchasing all the tiny items for donation packs, at the various recovery houses, and shelters I work at.

I mean really!!! I had 5 of one tearpad coupon, and 5 of another, is that excessive! (the other coupons were from the Brandsaver insert about to expire) I waited till I was out of the store before I started to cry at least.

To top it off, I had my 4 year old daughter with me. I was not impressed.

If you`ll bear with me, here`s my mini rant part 2. My call to HO.

The man on the line, was polite, but there was a delay, and a horrid echo, so every word I said, was repeated, to me, like I was on speakerphone.

He listened, then asked me to hold, while he called the store in question. He then transfered me, so I got the customer service woman. She had no idea what was going on, and offered to let me talk to the manager.
    Umm no! It wasn`t going to do me any good to speak to the man with whom I was complaining about, about the complaint towards him lol.

I called HO back, and eventually he offered to pass along the complaint to the regional manager via email. Took all the details, and the final official complaint by me was that I felt the manager was not knowledgable with regards to his own company`s coupon policy, as well as rudeness towards a customer. He or she is supposed to get back to me within 48 hours.

Phew! Thanks for letting me vent.

This thread is currently associated with: Zellers, No Frills, Via Rail

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

omg I think I would have cried also sending you {{hugs}}

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh my goodness, I want to cry with you. My stomach is in absolute KNOTS reading that. Please make sure they don't disregard this, and that you're given a gift card or some kind of compensation for this. I've had a Zellers cashier make me cry, but a manager? That's kind of sickening, to be honest. They're supposed to be people who want to retain business, who want to make people come into their store and spend money.

I actually want to punch a wall right now, and curse until I can't think of any more curse words. How dare somebody speak to you like that, especially in front of a group!

My heart absolutely aches for you. Email them back a dozen times if that's what it takes to get something done, that's just repulsive and horrible.

Sending hugs your way

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

that is just terrible, I really don't understand the big fuss about coupons they get reimbursed for them anyways..gessshhh!!!!, when I go shopping I hand the cashier all my coupons, the alwqys put the items I use for the coupons so they can deal with them first, I have been very lucky I have had no prolems with coupons at any store.
    I am so sorry for your bad experience.I hope you feel better.
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

DaneCrazySCNewbie fourfurryfeet's Avatar
    Trading Score
    90 (100%)

WOW, I feel horrible for you! Why is it that we feel like we are stealing? EEkk, I really hope they do something about your embarassment!

Please keep us posted!

((HUGS))
    What do you mean you didn't use a coupon??????

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Last edited by marchBB; Thu, Apr 28th, 2011 at 11:36 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No doubt the staff are pissed they will soon be losing their jobs to Target. Always fight for your right as a consumer. The manager is probably pissed that he's one of those people who pay full price or don't know how to find a deal. Keep going back, using coupons, and take your time at the cash register.....slow their whole process down.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh what an awful experience. So sorry you had to endure that.

Hope things turn out well when the regional person calls you back. Keep us posted!
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I disagree with you, Michelle.

Not ALL Zellers follow the "one coupon per purchase" rule that you are talking about. At our Zellers, one coupon per purchase means one coupon per each of that particular item you are buying so the OP used the appropriate amount of coupons. Regardless, even if she had been in the wrong, the store manager has no right to treat her that way. There is no need to be rude to a customer.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I would not have cried, I would have asked him to get the disctrict manager on the phone so I could make a complaint about their customer service

Yes, some people dont know the policy (although the nivea 'misuse' (because we all know they didnt meant to include little trial sizes even if they did ) would annoy me if it was my store too). The manager was quite within his right to limit a trransaction but there is a way for it to be done
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

omg!!! he is rude...he should be fired!!!
    i totally understand how you feel...happened to me at zellers too....
    they pm but not taking the coupon, if the coupon is over the value of the product, then cannot use it...i am not going to zellers anymore...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by michelle! View Post
    And here is what this type of thing is causing

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/191801-...policy-canada/

Ouch!!
    I am getting serisouly sick of you only coming on to SC to bash people. EVERY single post you have made is negative, or derogatory, or snide to the OP. Did you join SC this month just to hurt people's feelings????

I hope a MOD will seriously look at this poster's history on SC.

Really looking for diaper coupons for my DIAPER DONATION COLLECTION!!

HipHop-Stacka my_reflection_eternal's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't understand. Why even attempt to give your business to companies that may or may not follow their own policies (that seem to be changed by staff on a whim)? London Drugs is the only place I know of that fully accepts coupons and gives the least amount of grief about it. Actually, the store I always shop at has never given me grief.

Until it's made public that other companies are going to jump on board (which we can hope Save-On Foods is in the process of), I wouldn't even bother trying to use my coupons anywhere else!!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Because we all do not have access to London Drugs
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

wow sorry about your experience!! you had such good intentions too!! so did you buy any of it??? did you go to another zellers yet? hope it all works out for you!! some people are just RUDE !!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information