User Tag List

Fast Saver
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Hey all,
    Just wondering if anyone has any leads for jobs in the Hamilton Area.
    I've been looking around since December and haven't been very successful.

Iv'e got great availability, an excellent work ethic,great references, and friendly personality, so Im not sure where I'm going wrong- it may be that there are no jobs available?

If anyone has seen any openings I would really appreciate some help. Couponing saves me a lot, but of course you still need an income for other expenses. (Too bad there aren't coupons for college tuition or rent )
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Nik
    Female
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by collegesavings View Post
    Hey all,
    Just wondering if anyone has any leads for jobs in the Hamilton Area.
    I've been looking around since December and haven't been very successful.

Iv'e got great availability, an excellent work ethic,great references, and friendly personality, so Im not sure where I'm going wrong- it may be that there are no jobs available?

If anyone has seen any openings I would really appreciate some help. Couponing saves me a lot, but of course you still need an income for other expenses. (Too bad there aren't coupons for college tuition or rent )
    Send me your resume

I do HR for a few companies, plus my own. No promises but I'll take a look at it at least

Fast Saver
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I sent you an email with my resume. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    Send me your resume

I do HR for a few companies, plus my own. No promises but I'll take a look at it at least

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Check with your student union--the deadline for on-campus student jobs for summer might coming up this month or early April. Is there a chance to participate in your campus open house tours as a guide or in some other role? I don't know if colleges pay students to help with graduation usher roles or other duties. Look at the college email portal for announcements about events and contact the person listed.

I guess the campus career centre is coming up short too on job leads that go to interview? The job market is tough too for those of us looking for FT permanent work (it's like finding gold).

Summer jobs with the City of Hamilton-the deadline was late January, as it is in many municipalities around the GTA. Here are some places that are looking now:
    http://rbg.ca/Page.aspx?pid=309
    http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEP.asp
    http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Search.aspx Choose location as Hamilton and Category as Student Summer Employment Opportunities. One listing closes on Monday!
    http://conservationhamilton.ca/curre...-opportunities
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Don't get caught up looking for permanent work, the majority of people taking temporary contracts (outside of seasonal sales etc) are kept on - but there are advantages to a company to advertise a job as contract
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Don't be afraid to accept a part time role. I started PT with my company 14 yrs ago & now hold a manager postion
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Thread Information