User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Looking for some reviews on the swiffer vac? Anyone have one? Is it good? Crappy? I'd love some input.

This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i have one and all it does is take up room in my closet. i think the idea behind it was to combine the ability of the swiffer to pick up small particles/hair with the ability of a vacuum to pick up the large pieces of debris. In the end though, it only does the first job well. You're better off saving your money, buying a proper vacuum and a separate swiffer. You'll need to do two sweeps of the floor, but such is the sacrifice we must make for clean floors.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

aaaa is correct. it does not pick up large pieces of debris well. my biggest problem is with dog hair and little crumbs (2 little boys) so i love mine, although the battery doesnt last nearly long enough. i also have the bissel stick vac which is awesome for bigger pieces of dirt (not good at getting dog hair imo) and cleaning the couch if you remove the handle. i use the swiffer vac daily to keep the floor clean and the bissel every few days for a more major clean. if i didnt have an animal or alot of hard wood, i probably wouldnt own the swiffer vac but i have a dog that sheds a ton and 90% hardwood so its a neccessity for me.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I have the Bissel stick vac, too, and I love it.
    With Luna, we have lots of little crumbs on the floor, and instead of sweeping, I use that, ALL THE TIME, lol.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We have 2 dogs the shed and a little girl so I love my swiffer Vac! We made the mistake of putting in dark flooring, so I use the swiffer vac constintly. My only complaint is short battery life and how often a person goes through the filters. Wish there were coupons for new filters!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Love mine, I just need to remember to plug it in after a few uses to recharge the battery.
    -Karen

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Thanks for posting this thread, I've been wondering about buying one for awhile now...

hopesdreams
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

Best tool I ever bought. It works great on my tile floor and kitchen floors. Picks up our dog hair too.

mle
    Female
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just a tip - If you're concerned about the cost of refills there's a swiffer thread floating around on the boards about these washable swiffer pads from the dollar store and refilling the liquid with your own.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mle View Post
    Just a tip - If you're concerned about the cost of refills there's a swiffer thread floating around on the boards about these washable swiffer pads from the dollar store and refilling the liquid with your own.

Yeah I've seen those, and have actually used them(refills)....but I was more curious about the actual vacuum one and how it performs

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

A used dryer sheet also works great as a swiffer refill. I used to do that all the time, until I got a bounty dryer bar.
    -Karen

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The vac is alright, I have the original model. It doesn't have much battery life, I have to rush to get my 1 bdrm condo done...as for the filter, I use the dirty swiffer floor sheet to brush off the lint, etc, and reuse it. I've never replaced it. I like it in theory, but I'm not sure that it's the best item on the market...

Thread Information