User Tag List

Thread: New to Coupons

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have started using coupons and have saved a lot. Just from December. I was just wondering. A lot of people mention using double coupons on one product! How can you go about doing this?? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Just want to save as much as I can. Thank you
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The only ways you can use more than one coupon on a product are:
    -RCSS/Loblaws stores, you can use one manufacturer coupon and one store coupon on an item.
    -London drugs, you can stack multiple coupons as long as they have different UPC codes.
    -Pharmasave occasionally has double coupon days, like in the USA, where they'll double the value of your coupon.

That's about all we get for double coupons here! Good luck Message me if you need any more help.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Do you mean "stacking" coupons? As in, using several coupons to buy one item?

Depends on where you're from as to whether you can do this.

1. London Drugs:
    If you live out west and have access to a London Drugs store (also known on here as "LD"), you can use multiple coupons on an item so long as they are different coupons. That is, so long as each coupon has a different UPC or "unique product code" number. The UPC is the string of numbers under the bar code looking thing. Most coupons have UPC's that are 8 numbers long.

Lets say hypothetically, that you are buying one package of Pampers diapers. You have 3 coupons--one from save.ca, a second one from the manufacturer, and a third coupon that you cut from a magazine. All of those should have different UPC numbers on the bottom. At LD, you can use all 3 of those coupons on one package of diapers and get them free or pretty darned close to it.

You cannot, however, take 3 identical coupons with identical UPC's and use them on one package of diapers.

As far as I know, London Drugs is the only store in Canada that allows stacking.

Except...

2. Real Canadian Superstore (known on here as RCSS): I believe (though I've never tried it myself), that you can "stack" coupons at a RCSS but only under this condition-- one is a regular old coupon from whatever source (ie save.ca, manufacturer, P&G insert or whatever) and the second coupon MUST be one of RCSS's "in-store" coupons that they post in the store. You know-- at the coupon zone bulletin board? Watch the wording on the coupon zone ones though. Sometimes the coupons at coupon zone will say "manufacturer coupon" and sometimes they will say "in store" coupon. It's the "instore" one you want.

Someone else just posted a thread on this question yesterday. Here is the link:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/193527-...ce-plz-canada/

Hope that helps!
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Welcome to SC!!

Free Amazon Gift Cards/Paypal $$ -Join Swagbucks now!! Get $50/month just by searching .. Message me for tips

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Naanu

Everything is Awesome! :D
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Welcome to SmartCanucks!

HelloHello! - Hope everyone's doing Awesome!!! :D

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

welcome newbies!!

Thread Information