User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Another great source for US coupons locally is the Buffalo News on Sundays (I usually shop on Sunday at Wegmans and pick it up there, but it's also available at Avondales). About once a month, Tops has a coupon doubler event, so worth watching for to use the many great coupons you can pick up in the newspaper.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Excuse my ignorance, I've never gone grocery shopping across the border before, but are you allowed to bring fruits and vegetables back to Canada?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Store coupon for Wegmans - $1 off frozen fruit:
    http://view.exacttarget.com/?j=fe591...m_FN033111&r=0

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My husband and I just went across to Niagara Falls, NY this week since he heard from some people at work that groceries are cheaper over there. The milk was definately cheaper. At walmart it was around $1.78 for almost 4L. We also went to Tops and got a dozen eggs for $1. Some stuff is significantly cheaper and some stuff is the same price so you just have to watch what you buy. But now that we live so close we will be making more frequent trips to the states to buy groceries.

Also, we declared everything that we bought (even the case of beer - which was also MUCH cheaper than here) and we didn't have a problem.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by love88 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, I've never gone grocery shopping across the border before, but are you allowed to bring fruits and vegetables back to Canada?
    You aren't supposed to bring fruits, vegetables, meat, plants, animals and plant or animal products back across.

This link is from the Canada Border Services website: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/fpa-apa/menu-eng.html

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

you don't pay duties on groceries. I went two weeks ago. Shopped at Walmart and Target. Got 20 Reach floss for free plus overage, also got 2 dozen eggs for 50 cents each. Free Pain (like the Motrin ones) patches plus overage. Got Free SoBe drinks $1 minus $1 coupon.
    Cheap Yoplait and Jello with coupons etc. there's a good website its called http://hip2save.com/

That site is like SmartCanucks but for the states.
    Ohhh and for the record they are so NICE they are not coupon Haters like CANADA

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Minicoups; Thu, Mar 31st, 2011 at 05:29 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Here's another link to what you can import from the US:
    http://www.beaware.gc.ca/english/toce.shtml

Generally, fruit and vegetables are less expensive in Canada, I find. Milk, cheese, butter and eggs are great prices, and Wegmans in particular has an extensive selection of products (including a good variety of organic meat and chicken).

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minicoups View Post
    ...there's a good website its called http://hip2save.com/

That site is like SmartCanucks but for the states.
    Ohhh and for the record they are so NICE they are not coupon Haters like CANADA
    Thanks. I like the title of the website:
    "Hip2Save - Not Your Grandma's Coupon Site" LOL

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My first "coupon" adventure at Tops on Military Rd.

I made a list of a few things on sale (from online flyer) and printed some coupons at home (thanks to hip2save).

I got a Tops Bonus Card. Simply fill out a form and hand it to customer service at the store. It's free & took all of 2 minutes. (the form is available online, I filled it out at home & brought it with me.)

Did my shopping and cashed out.

The cashier swiped my bonus card and then rang in all my items. After that he took my coupons in a bunch and swiped them through without looking at them. The register automatically doubled every coupon he swiped. I watched in awe. It was bizarre after dealing with cashiers who spend so much time reading over every coupon, and yet this was so effortless.

It was almost $25 worth of stuff
    Less $6.50 Tops bonus savings
    Less $4.00 manufacturers coupons
    Less $4.00 double coupon

Total OOP $10.50

Oh yeah, and when you accumulate 100 pts, you save .10/gal on gas. I got 84 pts for this little transaction. Had I known, I would have added a few more items. In fact, you get an extra 10 pts for each mfg coupon you use. I can see this becoming a weekly adventure for me, especially if I start to find more useable coupons. It was fun.

No problems at the border. The guy joked with us by guessing what groceries we bought. He guessed right.. milk, cheese, eggs AND chocolate.
    De

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    69 (99%)

Awesome thread!! Been waiting for this- Thank you!
    4kids4me

Trading Score
    49 (100%)

love it...when I go down south...I often use:

southernsavers.com

or if you want to choose a specific state...go to

becentsible.com
    (you can choose a state and their bloggers for each state's link are posted there)
    I'm back on mat leave...so I hope to be posting more again!...Hazel's a big sister (Feb/09/09) to Lauren (July/06/10)

Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DeJames View Post
    It was bizarre after dealing with cashiers who spend so much time reading over every coupon, and yet this was so effortless.
    effortless since their register systems are soooooooooo coupon friendly!...most places they don't read the coupons...since the register will recognize if the customer bought the item indicated on the coupon or not...if it is questionable...the system will beep to advise the cashier to review the coupon and/or item in question!...sooooooooooo easy breezy!...love it!
    I'm back on mat leave...so I hope to be posting more again!...Hazel's a big sister (Feb/09/09) to Lauren (July/06/10)

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

coupon links www.mommysavesbig.com has an excellent printables listing and keeps it very up to date. Also, I was told about this site from another smart Canuck but I have to spell it out or it vanishes h.o.t.co.u.p.o.n.w.o.r.l.d.com so oviously take out the dots. It is great for flyers, sales, coupons etc in the USA

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I went to Safeway the afternoon we arrived in Arizona and they were having a $10 GC WUB $50. Since we were stocking our pantry I broke my purchases up and did 4 so i got 4x $10 (CAT coupons)! I also bought 3 flats of water and got a $2 CAT. So yesterday DH and I went to pick up a flank steak($12.79), a couple of taters for baking and some green onions for dinner tonight and only paid the 79c for the meat plus the green onions and taters! I will use the others later

They also have a place called Food City and they had a 4lb red taters for 96c, and 4 avacado's for 99c. This week it's 8 cucumbers for 99c and bell peppers @ 5 for 99c.

Off to the store.......

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

thank you, Im going there this weekend and stopping at Tops for sure ...love target and tops!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information