User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I see lots of brags about Rexall. I have never been in one. Yesterday, when my H and I forgot to go to the bank machine and had to make a stop at an unfamiliar machine, I spotted a Rexall that I didn't know existed! It wasn't open so I couldn't check it out.

What do they carry? Any food stuff? What's their coupon policy? Are the prices high?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaplus, Rexall PharmaPlus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Nothing is good about the Rexall we go to - or rather, used to.

For the past year, they rarely have the things which are in the flyer, not even a small portion of them. It's gotten really irritating to go back week after week to have this happen, just so discouraging.
    They were not always like this, it used to be a decent place to shop. Now I just chuck the flyer and coupon book when they come...

I do know other people do great shops at Rexall, and I just think how lucky they are!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

They give you 1 aeroplan point per dollar spent and you can use your SPC card but only on REG price items not on sale or clearance items. I don't mind going into one as long as it's a larger store because I find the small one never has alot of sale items because of the stores size I find it tone similar to SDM because it has drugstore prices.
    The flyers are decent and usually have pretty good 2 day sales and a a decent clearance section but they send out these coupon books that give a decent price on an item but you have to clip that coupon and bring it in and you cant use another coupon with it so it's not really worth it to use those coupons unless you don't have a coupon for that item.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This might explain why some Rexall stores are better than others.Last November I asked a man working at a Rexall in Edmonton if they had a certain item that was in the flyer that I couldn't find.I mentioned I thought Edmonton Rexall stores would be better stocked than the Red Deer Rexall store.He explained Rexall has A,B and C stores.He thought his store was a C store and the Rexall store that was about 10 blocks away was an A store.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They have Airmiles, not aeroplan (at least here in Ontario)

Like mentioned, SPC on reg price items (which are still often cheaper than SDM if its an item that does not go on sale often to use a coupon)

They also have instore coupons, my store will not let me combine this with a manufacturer but I have noticed a few people on SC have been luckier but it means that their cashiers are VERY used to seeing coupons since they process their own

On bonus airmile weekends, like this past weekend, you can use FPCs towards your total and they will include tax in FPCs if you remind them to subtotal so you can get Airmiles for very little
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

In Winnipeg we have Aeroplan not sure if the whole province does never been to one outside Winnipeg but wish we had Airmiles that would be alot better!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

They're another store I can PM from, in my case. Besides that, not much for me.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberSun View Post
    In Winnipeg we have Aeroplan not sure if the whole province does never been to one outside Winnipeg but wish we had Airmiles that would be alot better!
    Saskatoon has Aeroplan, too.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Aeroplan in Alberta as well.

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

My rexall is horrible. It is very small. Always out of everything. Not a rexall fan. The best part about rexall is you can use the flyer to price match lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    208 (100%)

My Rexall sucks. The last time I was there the manager told me they don't take coupons on sale items. So now if there is a deal I get my son to pick up a flyer on the way to work and I PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

I LOVE my Rexall here! Just started going to them, but they are great with using coupons. They usually have alot of stuff on clearance racks, and let you use coupons on them as well. Last night I picked up 4 Garnier Ultra Lift anti wrinkle firming moistuirzer-reg price $12 something, on for $3.07, and they let me use $10 WUB 2 coupons (young cashier called head cashier when I asked about policy where coupons exceeds product). Head cashier said they get reimbursed so may as well pass savings onto customer

I did also have a package of Tyleno back pain pills (sale $10.99) with $3 off coupon, so total was $3.29 after taxes for 4 creams and pills! Love it!

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I really like the Rexall that I go to. When they mark their stuff on clearance, the prices are crazy...as in John Frieda stuff for 99 cents or $1.99. They have been pretty good about the use of coupons, even in conjunction with their store coupons, so I have no complaints.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

They just openned a new Rexall down the street from me so I went over to check it out. The new ones have a small grocery section. I just wish they would advertise their grocery specials the way Shopper's does. I saved $50 including coupons on my last shop there and earned 50 bonus air miles. I think drug stores are perceived as being expensive but if you shop the sales they are no more expensive then anywhere else. For me, airmiles is a huge bonus. Rexall gives you the best deal on airmiles of all the stores in Ontario 1 air mile for every $10 spent plus their bonus miles are usually 1 mile for every $1 spent. You can cash in your airmiles for Rexall gift cards. Its 175 air miles for a $25 gift card. When it comes to airmiles Rexall gives you more bang for your buck.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Their prices tend to be higher even than SDM (I've actually done the comparisons.) But they do often have 40-50% off or B1G1 sales on things like vitamins and pain killers. They also give you airmiles on the value of your coupons. So some people use their FPCs on days when they have bonus airmiles for spending a certain amount. I often use coupons there for bonus AM deals on single products.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information