User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: stacking at LD

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Has anyone tried stacking the new brandsaver coupons. Apparently the new coupons state that you can't double them. So this would mean no more stacking at LD. Had anyone tried.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

haven't tried since last week... but i am pretty sure I didn't receive the new coupons in time, so i didn't use them. I was hoping someone had stacked there lately. When i saw your post on the main page, my stomach got sick! i was so scared to open your thread and read something sad haha

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Sorry. I have no sad news as of yet. I may go attempt a stack today if the mail man actually arrives with my mail. I was just curious. all this talk all over the blogs about some peoples coupons say it and others dont so i'm not really sure what to expect. I hope we can still stack some coupons.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

that would REALLY suck.... and if that's the case... i would probably not shop there as much... I would be heading to Walmart and RCSS now.....I hope our manager is okay with it

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Do you know the best way to stack for diapers. I'm trying to help out my friend get some diapers and i've never stacked those before.
    Any advice would help

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Trade a lot! and sign up for every baby program you can find, both you and your friend. You'll eventually get enough coupons to make your diapers pretty cheap!

I just got my coupons in the mail today, I wasn't even excited. I'll ask when I go, because honestly I don't understand the difference between LIMIT and PROHIBITED other than one word is more forceful that the other. The coupon equivalent of saying "fiddlesticks" and the F word, to me.

I could be wrong because I don't know all the ins and outs, but LD has successfully gotten around the fine print before (legally), here's hoping they can do it again!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

anyone tried to stack at London Drugs this week?

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I stacked today and had no problems.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

With the new ones? Did you mention it before you stacked, or did you just go for it and they looked at them and were all fine and dandy with it?

If they've found a loophole my heart might explode.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

None of my brandsaver coupies (the new ones that I ordered the first day they were available) had the word prohibited on it. Just said the same 4 like coupons. I used them and all was well. Are you going to try? Let me know how it goes. Keeping my fingers crossed for you...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That is so weird... Mine have prohibited, but NO 4 like coupons on them. I also ordered mine the first day.

What the heck is going on here?!?!?

I'll ask, I'm going tomorrow. I'll mention that, that's so weird. Why would they decide midway through printing what wording goes on them?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hold the bus. The Herbal Essences coupon has the 4 like coupons thing, but no prohibition. Right smack dab in the middle of the rest of my coupons with it. WTF P&G?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried today and.. NO GO!! I had all my stacks and a cart full of stuff..and its a cashier I had before at customer service..she looked at my stacks and she said you cant use any of the coupons that say "limit one coupon per purchase".....she said it is all the coupons that came in the new p and g brandsaver.. she also didn't take any that said "coupon not valid with any other conjunction" for example the ziplock ones say that.

I had way too many stacks as I was buying over $200 worth of stuff and since most of my stacks had the new p and g coupons..I left my stuff and exited the door feeling very mad with no products as I had just spent over 30 minutes shopping, (I wasn't mad at the cashier, shes just doing her job but it would have been nice if there was some policy posted?) and it was way too hard to figure out how to do it the best way right at that moment. She even called her manager to see if she could do it one more time, but her manager said no. I said that they should put signs up to notify us of the changes, but there will be others that do not know about this rule, and its not fair to come to the till and be turned down..but she said "spread the word!"

I then came home and found the "new" LD policy and now I am just confused. This is it as of April 13, 2011 from a post I found on SC:

It is the responsibility of the retailers to follow the offer and restrictions printed on the coupons in order to have the coupon redeemed. There are a few key restrictions to be aware of:

• The amount of the coupon. This is the maximum amount that coupon can be redeemed for
    • Expiry date has not been exceeded
    • Is redeemable in Canada(has a Canadian Clearing House mailing address)
    • The product named on the coupon has been purchased
    • The size and/or flavour of the item, as stated on the coupon, have been purchased
    • The required number of items has been purchased
    • If a coupon states it cannot be used or combined with any other coupon offer, then that coupon cannot be used with other coupons.
    • Only one coupon per purchase. This means only one of this exact type of coupons can be used. (multiple coupons can be used as long as they are all different)
    • Taxes: see question below tax wording

London Drugs staff take pride in providing a superior shopping experience everyday – and it may be necessary to book an appointment for dedicated time to allow for proper processing of each coupon in the transaction. For this reason, it may be smart to contact your chosen store in advance for an appointment. Most coupon stacking education sites expressly recommend working with the store staff to ensure the transaction does not impact lineups.
    We have a right as a retailer to limit quantities, especially if we suspect the product is being purchased for resale. We require any customer with the intention of purchasing large amount of products, work with the store to pre-order product in advance. Should we continually be driven to out of stocks, it could jeopardize our ability to continue with coupon stacking.

1. Will London Drugs price match products and then accept stacks of coupons?
      Yes. When purchasing identical products, our price match policy is distinct from the coupon policy.
    2. Does LD allow the total of all the coupons stacked to exceed the value of the product?
      No, the coupons total value cannot exceed the value of the product. For example, if the customer presents 3 coupons that are $2.50each ($7.50) and the product is $6.00, the last coupon would be processed through the till as $1.00 (not to exceed $6.00).
    3. When an item is Buy 1, Get 1 free can coupons be used for the purchased item and additional coupons used on the free item?
      No. The coupons can only be used on the first item as there must be a purchase in order to use coupons. As an offer already exists to get the second item free, no further coupons are required or can be accepted.
    4. Are there times when a customer coupon stacking privilege can be revoked at London Drugs?
      Yes. If we are aware that a customer is buying large quantities of products frequently for re-sale, this should not be allowed. London Drugs is a retailer, not a wholesaler. Coupons are not intended to be used for large scale frequent wholesaling practices. The store manager will revoke coupon staking privileges for anyone buying product frequently for resale.
    5. Internet coupons printed at home are becoming more popular. The coupon sometimes is smudged or illegible, will you still accept them?
      No. We must be able to read and follow the eligibility and restrictions set out by the coupon. If we cannot verify the restrictions, or are uncertain of the coupons validity, then it cannot be accepted.
    6. Will you accept a U.S. coupon or coupons in US funds if it was issued in the US?
      No. We can only accept valid Canadian based coupons. The only exception would be a US coupon that indicates it is valid in Canada. The coupon must still have a Canadian Clearing House mailing address.

What I am confused about, is that eventhough the policy says "Only one coupon per purchase. This means only one of this exact type of coupons can be used. (multiple coupons can be used as long as they are all different) "..from this I interpret we can still use 1 of those coupons with another coupon, however what about when the coupons say "only one coupon per purchase, limit 4 like coupons" ..can we still use 4 of those coupons just like it was before? (the cashier made it sound like they wouldnt take 4 of the same ones either..)

I know that may sound confusing, but we need some clarification before you guys waste your time like i did today!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You're right amysaver!! This SUCKS!!!!!!
    Last edited by mattysmom; Sat, Apr 16th, 2011 at 01:13 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ya.. Has anyone else tried going today..if so is there an update?!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information