User Tag List

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

If you have children and celebrate Easter, how did your morning go?

For starters, my DH went out with his friends last night, the one time he did not bring my phone along, and he did not tell me where he hid the *&$#! Easter Bunny stuff! I had to stay up till 11:30 when he got home to put out the stuff, I was SO mad!

My DS is five, and he sleeps hard. I'm an early riser, so was up by 6:30 or so. By 8, DH had gotten up too and we got tired of waiting so we went in to get him!

I went into his room, I could see he wasn't really asleep, he was lying still and smiling. I said, "Hmm, I don't think he knows the Easter Bunny came already!" The eyes popped open. "Easter Bunny? Easter Bunny was here?" He bounced out of bed, and we made him get out of his diaper and into underwear first (yes, he wears a diaper to bed - he sleeps hard right? ).

Then he ran downstairs and hunted for the eggs in his underwear. He was SO excited, so darned cute!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Ours went well. We decided to meet some friends at a park up the road (thankfully by then the rain had stopped and it was starting to dry off a little). The boys had fun and found lots of goodies! There were some other kids there helping them out too, but they didn't keep the chocolates though, just helped out the smaller ones, who in turn offered them a thank you chocolate at the end of it all!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I am hopping/hoping to extend Easter throughout the week. I will be in the stores getting the Easter bargoons, to keep the celebration going.

Trading Score
    20 (95%)

My son loved the plastic eggs, it was nice. Next year he will understand more.
    Happy Holidays

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

We celebrate Easter, although we don't do the easter bunny! We hide eggs for our 4 and 2.5 year olds (they know we do it), and they had a ball collecting them into their little baskets. So cute!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Well, technically, our Easter was yesterday (since we went to my in-laws place).
    We got her dressed in her dress, and went to Bramalea, visited our friend (who got me his employee discount on a new camera, woohoo!) and shopped a bit with my SIL, then back to in-laws for Luna to find her eggs (more like throw them, lol) and then to church...where she made a fuss, so my FIL and I took turns letting her play outside, she had fun rolling in the grass, poor Easter dress.
    Today was relax day, lol. She' stayed in bed with DH and I and just cuddled and played around, then while I was cooking she took her Easter basket and hid eggs everywhere.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I think my two-year-old is beginning to understand the concept of gifts... There just may be a meltdown at the next birthday party for someone else!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I love the stories about how the little ones enjoy searching for the eggs. We had our 2 grandsons stay over and the easter bunny left so many eggs all over the yard that gramps had to go collect them so the doggies could go out to do their business. Then 6 more grandchildren came over and the eggs got hidden again for the big easter egg hunt. I am tired, the little ones all went home and I am trying to unwind from this wonderful day. I hope everyone had a Happy Easter.

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

Yesterday morning, I woke up with DD beside me in bed (she DO has to stop this.. she come in at like 3 am while me and hubby are sleeping. I dont notice until I cant roll over in bed..LOL) but when she woke up, I said " hmm I wonder if the easter bunny came last night?" at which point she DARTED to the living room and found her pile of goodies. Hunted for hidden eggies, then we got ready and went for dinner at papas house. We ended up stopping at a "farm" got to see some horses, cows a BABY pony a donkey and PUPPIES! It was fun.
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My son who is 6yrs old made my day...last night he came to me and said "I had the best Easter ever." That just made my day. Hope everyone had a great day with family and of course eating way too much chocolate!!!!

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Both girls slept in until about 10am (they don't really understand the Easter Bunny and Santa thing yet as they are only 1 and 2) so once we got them up we brought them out to where their gifts were however they first had to walk/scoot down the white picket fence pathway I made Our 2yr was excited to see that the Easter Bunny had left her very first bike plus the basket, horn and helmet.

After brunch my parents came over as this is our first Easter without my sister and the girls went through their presents from Nanny and Grampy. Next was over to the inlaws with my parents for a ham dinner. Finally around 7ish we got the girls ready for bed and they slept until about 1030am this morning!! Guess all the excitement from yesterday wore them out, lol......

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

lol. It really hurt to get up on Easter morning because we were up late the night before. Kids were awake at 5am, though they left us to sleep till 7am. In the meantime, they snooped around locating all the hidden eggs in advance of the hunt.

Our oldest grilled DH the night before about whether the EB is real or whether the parents do all this stuff. I pretty sure she's on to us. It went well though. They enjoyed the egg hunt and the baskets. Didn`t have much appetite for breakfast though.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Thread Information