User Tag List

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Can someone give me an idea of what you should pay for a package of disposable razors?

A while ago I bought 3 (3) packs of Venus disposable razors sale price $6.99 and I had 3 $2 off coupons that I used. ($14.97 total)

Tonight I got a package of 4 disposable soleil razors sale price $4.99 and used my save $2 coupon ($2.99 total), so if I had bought 3 packages it would have cost me $8.97 which would have been $6 less than the venus razors. Plus I would have 3 more razors if buying the Bic Soleil.

I feel like I am now having buyers remorse and I should return the venus razors and go purchase 2 more packs of the soleil razors.

Any thoughts? Also has ayone tried the Bic Soleil razors and do they like them?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by luvfreestuff; Thu, Apr 14th, 2011 at 01:55 AM.

EdmontonSaver EdmontonChristine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Is there reason you want the disposable ones? The reason I ask is because if you create the right combination of items you can get the regular venus razors with 2 razor blades for free. I do it all the time.

If I were you, I would return that and I am certain you can get a better deal if you use your coupons to there best ability

I haven't bought razors in a month or so but when I do I combine nearly 10 coupons on usually 3 items and it works out to be free. I usually get a couple deodorants and a razor pack and use coupons on all three so it works out that the larger coupon amounts cover the cost of the razor in the end. Use your brandsaver insert coupons and the online ones to bring your savings up. Also other stores usually have better deals, so take a look at the flyers and dont be afraid to price match too!

If you need a hand I am going to LD tomorrow evening (5:30pm)
    Last edited by EdmontonChristine; Thu, Apr 14th, 2011 at 12:26 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

Do you use the $5 off any Gillette (mens pics. on the coupon) for the womans razors? That coupon is not worded for mens product, so I think you can use it for any womans products too.

EdmontonSaver EdmontonChristine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGal View Post
    Do you use the $5 off any Gillette (mens pics. on the coupon) for the womans razors? That coupon is not worded for mens product, so I think you can use it for any womans products too.
    I haven't yet, but the possibilities are endless! But I have heard it is possible to do that. I havent needed to thus far so I have saved em for other things.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

The only reason I got the disposable razors was because when I started couponing I didn't have a ton of coupons for razors so I couldn't make any stacks. I have 6 of each from the new p&g insert and the ones from online so maybe I will try some stacking with those.

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

A couponing trick to note is:

• Save up your coupons so you have different ones to stack
    • Price match when the item is on sale for the lowest price, so watch the flyers for a few weeks (the cycle is 6 - 12 weeks), I actually bundle my flyers at the end of the week, fold them in half and put an elastic on them so I can go back and check - otherwise just note it on a peice of paper for a couple months until you feel confident what the lowest prices are, I keep a few bundles because I never know what new coupons are coming out
    • Buy the smallest size so you can get items for almost FREE. For example, You can buy the big box of diapers for $20 but the small one for $10. You can combine coupons to get $10 off of one pack of diapers and then it would be free but if you buy the big box you are still paying $10. Trade for coupons and you can buy a second $10 box free!
    • Stock up on items you buy frequently so you can use your coupons at the ideal sales price and before the coupons expire

Quote Originally Posted by luvfreestuff View Post
    The only reason I got the disposable razors was because when I started couponing I didn't have a ton of coupons for razors so I couldn't make any stacks. I have 6 of each from the new p&g insert and the ones from online so maybe I will try some stacking with those.

Thread Information