User Tag List

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

So I went to SDM -Oxford- today to pick up the Gillette razor with deoderent combo pack thats advertised in the flyer. But I also wanted to pick up the Irish spring soap and the soft lips.

They didnt have any Gillete combo packs-they never ordered any in!!!

The Irish spring soap and soft lips rang in at reg. price so showed her they were on sale and then tried to use my coupons but 'they dont accept coupons when an item is already on sale'...

Im angry, and annoyed!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Spring Shoes

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGal View Post
    So I went to SDM -Oxford- today to pick up the Gillette razor with deoderent combo pack thats advertised in the flyer. But I also wanted to pick up the Irish spring soap and the soft lips.

They didnt have any Gillete combo packs-they never ordered any in!!!

The Irish spring soap and soft lips rang in at reg. price so showed her they were on sale and then tried to use my coupons but 'they dont accept coupons when an item is already on sale'...

Im angry, and annoyed!!!
    I'm pretty sure that the wording has changed on the softlips coupon so that it can't be used when they are on sale. As for the Irish Spring was it the 3-pack for $2 you were trying to use the coupon on? I gave my Irish Spring coupons away but thought it said it could only be used on a 6-pack or body wash?? I could be totally off base but that's what I'm thinking so that could be why. As for them stating they don't accept coupons when an item is on sale in general though?? That's ridiculous. Each store seems to make up their own rules.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

I'll have to dbl. check the wording on both. Thanks for the tip.

I did go to the one on 137th ave and 127st. (ish) and they let me use the Irish springs coupon and the soft lips. They didnt have any Gillette either. (they only ordered in 6 packs!) But they were really nice, and they're going to try to order in more of the Gillette before their Tuesday delivery. :o)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The Irish spring coupon is for 6pk soap.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

one 'supervisor' at my local SDM 'hates' coupons, and doesn't want you using them on items that are on sale or clearance..........

because 'you are already getting a good deal'...........

she acts like it comes out of her own pocket, and I doubt she understands how 'coupon reimbursement' workd for retail stores.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

It makes you wonder if some people should be in retail. It seems like common sense to me. If the store lets us use coupons we will spend money at their store, if they don't we spend our money at another store.

EdmontonGal since both products rang in wrong, you should have SCOP them both.

Quote Originally Posted by barbs View Post
    one 'supervisor' at my local SDM 'hates' coupons, and doesn't want you using them on items that are on sale or clearance..........

because 'you are already getting a good deal'...........

she acts like it comes out of her own pocket, and I doubt she understands how 'coupon reimbursement' workd for retail stores.

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

RedEng is correct. You should have gotten both items free at the first SDM. If you were able to use the 6pk Irish Spring coupon and the regular price only Softlips coupon at the other SDM, you lucked out with a cashier that didn't bother reading the fine print.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

Ive never SCOP'd anything before. Im kind of afraid to :o) sounds silly, but I dont know what to say!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I SCOP'd for the first time yesterday at Sobey's and it was a pain. Of course it was only for $2.49 for Rosebud Chocolates - LOL. They made me pay for item at the til and then go to Customer Service to get my refund. Is this normal???

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Oooh, Oxford is so bad for coupons, there is one who is especially sticky, and if I see her working, I just leave, lol.

I contacted SDM head office and they contacted the owner who said I could use the Multibionta coupons last week when they were on sale, after the manager had refused them when I went in. I had to show them the email and everything to get them to redeem the coupons.

I have to add, there are a few GREAT cashiers there, I'm not sure of names, but they are super friendly, and are happy to see you get a good deal with your coupons.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I was nervous at first too, but it's easy. When you point out that it's the wrong price and they agree ask if they follow the Scanning Code of Practice.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGal View Post
    Ive never SCOP'd anything before. Im kind of afraid to :o) sounds silly, but I dont know what to say!!!
    When I used SCOP at Sobey's the Cashier had no idea what I was talking about, but the Supervisor had to come and correct the price on the till. So I asked her and she was able to do it at the til, but there was paper work to fill out.

Some stores I have to go to CS when I don't notice the wrong price until I look at my receipt.

Quote Originally Posted by kirasdream View Post
    I SCOP'd for the first time yesterday at Sobey's and it was a pain. Of course it was only for $2.49 for Rosebud Chocolates - LOL. They made me pay for item at the til and then go to Customer Service to get my refund. Is this normal???

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

SDM I contacted the head office and they said I could use to contact the owner who Multibion ​​ta coupons sale last week, was after the manager refused to them, when I went...

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

I requested SCOP on two Nivea handcreams 50ml and got both FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by RedEng View Post
    It makes you wonder if some people should be in retail. It seems like common sense to me. If the store lets us use coupons we will spend money at their store, if they don't we spend our money at another store.

EdmontonGal since both products rang in wrong, you should have SCOP them both.

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caelinsmomma View Post
    Oooh, Oxford is so bad for coupons, there is one who is especially sticky, and if I see her working, I just leave, lol.

I contacted SDM head office and they contacted the owner who said I could use the Multibionta coupons last week when they were on sale, after the manager had refused them when I went in. I had to show them the email and everything to get them to redeem the coupons.

I have to add, there are a few GREAT cashiers there, I'm not sure of names, but they are super friendly, and are happy to see you get a good deal with your coupons.

Good going! Well done! Great that you had the email in hand!

Still learning
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thank You so much for this post.. I had never heard of the SCOP before. I looked it up today and read all about it. Wish I new sooner..

I went Shopping a few days ago and bought quite a bit. Three separate item ran up wrong, low and behold they were items for which I bought multiples. I went back and look at the receipt and would have had $20.93 in free food . Just to confirm I called the store's Customer service and they do practice the code.

Now I know.

Thread Information