User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was shopping at Zellers with my boyfriend. Purex was 9.99 and I had a buy one get one free coupon up to 7.00. So I should have gotten one for 9.99 and the other for 2.99. The cashier was really friendly and talkative, and she ended up forgetting to ring in the coupon, although she took it from me and put it in her little coupon drawer. My boyfriend looked at the receipt as we were walking out and noticed that she didn't take the coupon off. I went back to customer service, where I think I was supposed to get 7.00 returned to me. Instead she gives me 6.86 because she took 16 cents of tax off my coupon. I asked why and she said because I needed to pay the tax on the detergent I was getting for 2.99. But my point is I already paid the tax when I went through the cashier originally. Am I wrong? I know it is only 14 cents, but it's the principle that I should not have had to pay the tax twice. Please let me know your input!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think you are right. If you already paid the taxes, you shouldn't have had to pay it again. What I would have done was made them ring the whole transaction in all over again, with the coupons this time. I know this is a lot of trouble to have to go through, but it is worth it in the long run knowing you haven't been ripped off.
    Last edited by maggiespice; Wed, May 25th, 2011 at 04:22 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

next time you go, tell them what they did wrong. make sure you really let them know that they messed up.

what a totally simple task, yet zellers manages to mess it up! how silly.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow! I think the 16 cents is the "We're Ridiculous Surcharge." There's just no other possible explanation.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    Wow! I think the 16 cents is the "We're Ridiculous Surcharge." There's just no other possible explanation.
    i like that

it's the "i am the bestest employee, i saved the boss 16 cents, boy oh boy i am i TOTALLY going to get that promotion* bonus

nah, really it was a bonus for all of us. a bonus to the world.

"i'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmonyyyyy..."

;p
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That's ridiculous and they did rip you off, even if it is only 16 cents. Zellers never ceases to amaze me how stupid they can get.

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

I was at Zellers last night with the Ziploc promo B2G2...the lady was chatting with me & forgot to put in my 2 freebies...gr....but I didnt' realize until I got home. No recourse on that one! Watch the til...my lesson learned!
    Click here under "about me" to view my wish list.
    Visit Swagbucks.com to earn freebies! Click my referral link to get started!

Tangerine bank GIVES YOU $25 cold hard cash for opening an account!
    Use my Orange Key 14220607S1 & it's $25 for me too! NO FEE BANKING!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lucy16076 View Post
    I was at Zellers last night with the Ziploc promo B2G2...the lady was chatting with me & forgot to put in my 2 freebies...gr....but I didnt' realize until I got home. No recourse on that one! Watch the til...my lesson learned!
    Take your receipt back and tell them what happened. They can check the coupons they have and will find the one you're talking about and refund the difference.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

To me it sounds like a honest mistake like she thought that's what she had to do, next time you go there you should tell her she doesn't have to take the tax off, that you'll pay it anyways
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhantom View Post
    I was shopping at Zellers with my boyfriend. Purex was 9.99 and I had a buy one get one free coupon up to 7.00. So I should have gotten one for 9.99 and the other for 2.99. The cashier was really friendly and talkative, and she ended up forgetting to ring in the coupon, although she took it from me and put it in her little coupon drawer. My boyfriend looked at the receipt as we were walking out and noticed that she didn't take the coupon off. I went back to customer service, where I think I was supposed to get 7.00 returned to me. Instead she gives me 6.86 because she took 16 cents of tax off my coupon. I asked why and she said because I needed to pay the tax on the detergent I was getting for 2.99. But my point is I already paid the tax when I went through the cashier originally. Am I wrong? I know it is only 14 cents, but it's the principle that I should not have had to pay the tax twice. Please let me know your input!!!!
    I agree with Maggiespice you should have had them ring the entire purchase up again (if YOU have the time). Same thing happened to me about 3 or 4 months ago I had a cart load of items and I was bagging them into my own bags then cashier couldn't figure out how to put the coupons through along with my bonus air miles and double points bonus coupon I had. The line behind me was getting longer and longer. The cashier finally had to call her supervisor. They had to start all over because she didn't ring items in, in the proper order.
    Sometimes you just need to stand your ground if YOU have the time.

Thread Information