User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am new to the coupon game and have a few questions about being effective at it. Firstly, I am already good at planning low cost meals and my kids are so picky about food that we don't have a large variety of products we buy food wise.

Now my questions. Do most of you follow the idea of collecting coupons for only what you buy? therefore not buying things you normally wouldn't and losing out? or do you grab any coupons you can and hope for a blow out sale so you can get a large variety of product for only a few pennies?

Also, when starting out and using coupons, are you using them in bulk and stock piling in order for long term savings? is that the general idea?

I live in Northern Ontario and my grocery stores are limited to Independent Grocers, Zellers, Walmart, Metro, and Food Basics. Now, I am limited because tear offs pretty much don't exist here. I am limited to using P&G flyers, Smart Source and internet print offs. Any suggestions on how to make my savings more effective?

Thanks for the help folks
    This thread is currently associated with: Food Basics, Independent, Metro, Smart Source, Walmart, Zellers

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Welcome to SC!!

I would add to your coupon sources save.ca, gocoupons and websavers and check the Coupon forum for ideas on coupon-collecting!!

I find it easier to use a few (maybe 5 or 10 coupons) each week for a few items....it seems less confusing to start.

By picking 2 or 3 top money-savers each week, you can quickly build up quite a stockpile.

That works best for me, but I know other SC'ers like to buy lots each week and they do a great job!!

Try keeping it simple to begin with then work your way up to as much as your mind, finances and storage can handle.

Good luck!!
    baggypants

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Hi, I just read you PM..so I know we are close together.

As for tearpads RCSS and the bigger Metro on Lasalle are the best places for tear-pad coupons.

Welcome to couponing...I found this site just a few months ago...it had been very helpful. I have been couponing a little for a few years, but SC has helped me go above and beyond I ever thought I could do.

Thread Information