User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Yeah that! Which LD was that?
    "I can't brain today, I have the dumb"

Trading Score
    1 (67%)

Yikes...now I'm afraid my trip to LD won't work out as I'd planned.
    Jessi...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

They will not get reimbursed if they take these coupons, plain and simple. Unless/until they can find a loophole, they are not stackable. People should not attempt to use them.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I agree with this as well. I think we have a responsibility to ourselves, to follow the guidelines and use the coupons appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by mutchdutch View Post
    Well...since the OP asked for people's thoughts on this...here goes. IMO we, as responsibe couponers should not even be attempting to stack with these coupons. Whether LD will take them or not is not the point. Fact is, the wording is very clear 'use of more than one mfc. coupon is strictly prohibited'....why are we not accountable to abide by this as couponers...it's just as much our responsibility as it is the retailer?!? Before this wording came along their was room for interpretation which is why stacking was doable in the first place (and to some degree, still is)...no longer room for intrepretation on these 'new' coupons = no stacking with them. I am afraid things could just go from bad to worse if we (and LD) do not abide by these new terms.

I am just as sad as the next person that these new restrictions are in play, but...there are still many good deals to be had, it's just not as easy as it was.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Frankly if Canada just joined the 20th (never mind 21st) century and used computers to calculate coupons we wouldn't have to deal with idiot cashiers, and they wouldn't have to deal with coupon scammers.

Technology is perfectly capable of doing all this for us (and the US needs to get with the program too, that UPC scamming should not be possible).

Stores and manufacturers need to get their software up to speed NOW. There is no (good) excuse why we don't have the loadable coupons for our store cards yet here.

Lost in the Coupon Pile freefreed's Avatar
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by onceling View Post
    Frankly if Canada just joined the 20th (never mind 21st) century and used computers to calculate coupons we wouldn't have to deal with idiot cashiers, and they wouldn't have to deal with coupon scammers.

Technology is perfectly capable of doing all this for us (and the US needs to get with the program too, that UPC scamming should not be possible).

Stores and manufacturers need to get their software up to speed NOW. There is no (good) excuse why we don't have the loadable coupons for our store cards yet here.
    Sorry, but to call cashiers idiots??? Excuse me but I have to speak out against that... Especially when it comes to the cashiers at London Drugs... So are those who cannot read and follow the rules on the coupons idiots?
    Please vote for our summer traditions on Facebook

http://fbk.summertraditions.projects.fm/entry/4392085

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

The problem with cashiers is in the training of cashiers... coupon users are not all that common and we are in a situation where we are finding out about rules and changes before the stores. That doesn't mean it is easy to coupon because a couple people not knowing the rules can tank a shopping trip. I call it the dark side of couponing. The new coupon scanning software would correct the problem ... they have them in the states because they have a MUCH higher volume of coupons to address. Perhaps the growth in coupon use may help us in the long run. I really look forward to the day when i don't spend 1.5 hours planning out a trip 30 minutes traveled both ways and a hour in the store to find out they are not going to take my legit coupons at walmart. There have been times that I leave my whole order so stressed it causes a lupus flare and i am laid up for 3 days in pain... yes i really understand the frustration... but getting mad and yelling at the staff will not make it easier to deal with them after they find out the policy is in fact in place. I have my eye on the long term goal of couponing at walmart and utilizing the overage on a coupon when i can to increase my savings.

We may not be able to use the pg coupons for stacking at london drugs... but i am so very happy for all the other ones we can stack there. I think pg is trying to protect their profits but they did word it in a very strong way. People have had trouble using the coupons in some cases... on the plus side... those coupons are now fantastic for the trial sizes and we can still get trial stuff for free using them. Please remember we spend hours going over coupons and knowing policy and cashiers will rarely be as up to date as we are. Just my thoughts on the issue. ~~Happy couponing!~~

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Really appreciate everyone's thoughts on this topic.....was what I was hoping for. I absolutely agree that we all must be responsible couponers and if we think it probably shouldn't be used, don't use it! We have tons of great offers out there and we need to be patient and see what P&G will do next. Thanks for the comments all..

Harbinger of Cheerios MercuryBlue's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I think it's odd that LD wouldn't accept coupons from P&G that said 'Limit one coupon per purchase of product and quantities stated' because just about ANY coupon you get will say 'limit one per purchase' (or something like that)- and LD stacks those. The only time they don't stack is if the coupon specifically says 'not to be used with any other coupon' or in the case of P&G, 'use of more than one manufacturer coupon is prohibited'.

It's sad because a lot of people are now scared to stack P&G coupons, period. There are a lot of stackable P&G coupons still floating around, though. They don't have the restrictive wording that the new ones do, and LD choosing to not stack based on the coupon's fine print- they're not saying 'We won't stack P&G at all'.

I agree with other posters, though- if it gets to a point where I can't stack at LD, I probably won't shop there at all. Stacking is the only reason I've ever gone there- otherwise their prices are too high. Sure, they price-match- but with stores only price-matching one item, it probably won't be worth it for me.

We'll see how things turn out in the end, I guess.

Harbinger of Cheerios MercuryBlue's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MangoFruit View Post
    This is what I've been told by two LD's that I've been to. They said that you're not suppose/allow to stack the brandsaver online one with the P&G one.
    You CAN stack the P&G flyer coupons with OLD brandsaver online ones, though. Just not the new ones.

I've got a few brandsaver coupons left that haven't expired that don't have the restrictive wording, and the flyer coupons are stackable too.

Maybe that's why we're getting so many reports of people being able to stack brandsaver and P&G flyer coupons- because they're using the older online coupons? I know that the newest ones say 'use of more than one manufacturer coupon is prohibited', and those are the coupons that are causing all the confusion... but if you still have the brandsaver coupons from, like, a month ago they should be okay to stack.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by freefreed View Post
    Sorry, but to call cashiers idiots??? Excuse me but I have to speak out against that... Especially when it comes to the cashiers at London Drugs... So are those who cannot read and follow the rules on the coupons idiots?
    I believe that some are idiots, yes. If you choose to think I mean every single cashier in the world I think you are overreacting. My post clearly shows that there are some couponers that are scammers, too. You don't think I meant that every couponer in the world was a scammer, do you?

I regularly have cashiers that insist "limit one per purchase" means "one per customer" and I may not use one per item, SDM cashiers regularly go against their own stores printed policies with regard to overage, to coupons on clearance or sale items and then treat me like dirt. I think that treating paying couponing customers like thieves while the security guy drags away someone with $100 in product under their hoodie in the background is stupidity and idiocy.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

label the behaviour.............not the person.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I LOVE LD, & the customer service employees that are always so helpful. However I agree, if stacking with the new wording on P&G coupons is going to be a hassle, then I will not be shopping there anymore. I'd sooner go to WM,Z, or RCSS. Better prices when you're only using 1 coupon. I know we can PM, but I feel like I've lost faith in LD as a consumer. They could be advocating on their customers behalf with P&G....

Lost in the Coupon Pile freefreed's Avatar
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I believe that some are idiots, yes. If you choose to think I mean every single cashier in the world I think you are overreacting. My post clearly shows that there are some couponers that are scammers, too. You don't think I meant that every couponer in the world was a scammer, do you?

I regularly have cashiers that insist "limit one per purchase" means "one per customer" and I may not use one per item, SDM cashiers regularly go against their own stores printed policies with regard to overage, to coupons on clearance or sale items and then treat me like dirt. I think that treating paying couponing customers like thieves while the security guy drags away someone with $100 in product under their hoodie in the background is stupidity and idiocy.

This is taken from Zellers Policy: "The value of the coupon must not exceed the current retail price of the item being purchased. If the coupon states that it is only one per purchase, then you may only use one coupon per purchase. If the coupon indicates, one per item, then you may use more than one coupon per purchase but only one per item."

So for the customer not to be title... they would have to go against their policies?? Sorry, but no I don't accept that... and as for Shoppers they don't have an actual corporate policy as of yet, but I know the store closest to me will only take 1 coupon... where other will take endless, as it is manager controlled... So instead of calling the cashiers names, get clarification from the Manager.

No you shouldn't be treated like a criminal for using coupons, and I don't appreciate the struggles we have to go through... but name calling is not called for...
    Please vote for our summer traditions on Facebook

http://fbk.summertraditions.projects.fm/entry/4392085

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote: "If you don't like the fact that LD is following the terms of coupons now... Stop complaining and shop else where! To have people say LD isn't Advocating for their customers is insane! They are bending over backwards for us!"

Yep, thats what I was saying....I'm happy to shop elsewhere ! Just putting my point of view out there, same as everyone else Free speech & all that....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information