User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Canadian Banana
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Lush Product Review - Honey Bun bath bomb

So after my first ultimate Lush haul, I quickly went through them again and thought, “I should definitely use a bath bath bomb today!” So I decided to use the Honey Bun bath bomb which is an Easter limited edition item. I got 2 of these for $3.95 each, I dont know. Maybe because I loved the honey toffee smell when I first got a whiff of the thing.

So my first impression was when I picked it up was ” I want to take a bite at it!!!! ” . The smell was so deliciously sweet that it was the name Honey Bun should be Honey Toffee Bun instead.The scent was not overpowering unlike other bath bombs where you wanna gag when you’ve had too much of the smell.
    I decided to use the whole thing since it was small and I wanted the smell to linger on my skin and force my boyfriend to smell it afterwards =D I ran my hot water and as soon as it was half filled, I plopped the bath bomb in it. It immediately fizzed and was gone in like a minute (hrrmmmm.. ) . So I went out and prepared myself for my bath time and when I came back, the color in the water looked like pee. (gross!) I still went in of course! Nothing could stop me from enjoying my special Lush time.
    This was their online blurb:
    Want to have loads of fun in the bath? Share it with your Honey Bun! Molded after a traditional Japanese cake shape, it’s just as deliciously sweet. It’s got the same toffee fragrance as our best-selling soap with sweet orange and bergamot oils. Pop one into your basket and hop right into the tub; every-bunny loves our bunny!

I could’nt smell the sweet orange scent , partly because I just got out from a nasty cold (maybe, maybe not). The smell component of the Honey Bun bath bomb left me disappointed. As the bath bomb fizzed away in the water, so did the smell unfortunately. The honey toffee goodness was not as distinct when I got into the water as it was when in its solid form. The honey toffee scent also did not linger in my skin as much as I wanted it to, which was quite disappointing since that was the main reason why I got TWO of the Honey Buns in the first place!
    The only thing good about this bath bomb was that I could feel the oils wrapping around my skin in the water, which was nice. It made my skin silky and sweet at the same time. At least something came out good from the 4 dollars But I am definitely going back to Lush and returning the other one in exchange for something else, perhaps an Emotibomb?
    Conclusion: Would I buy? Unless it was on sale for like a dollar or something, I would not repurchase. There are a lot of bath bombs out there that are more worth the $3.95 + tax than this.

review originally posted on my blog. would love if you checked it out.
    http://iammakeup.tumblr.com

more reviews coming up!

What is your favorite LUSH product?
    This thread is currently associated with: Cake Beauty, Lush

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

I LOVE Lush, but I prefer the lavender bath bomb with the piece of lavender sticking out of it, it smells great...glad you reviewed this, it'll save me the $$

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I am not a big fan of LUSH's bath products. I find them too weakly scented, and the scents don't linger after you wash them off.
    The only three products that I have repeatedly got from LUSH is Silky Underwear, Big Shampoo and the Ocean Salt. Even then, I still think they are pretty overpriced. I only buy them when there is a gift bag with purchase.

Canadian Banana
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I find that their BATH BOMBS dont linger on your skin after your luxurious bath. Which is the only products I have tried right now since I dont really have the $$$ to get other stuff ..

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I LOVE the Ocean Salt! I agree about the bath bombs as well.....the smell doesn't linger and there are better ones out there. I occasionally get the bath bombs as gifts, but would prefer the Ocean Salt any day!

Canadian Banana
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Another review for you ladiessss ...

Lush Sex Bomb bath bomb review

This is one of the very few bath bombs that I was intrigued when I heard the name, “Sex Bomb” . The bomb itself was soooo pretty! or sexy? It looks like a pink and purple rose ball.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    Here is the online description:
    A staff and customer favourite, our Sex Bomb is a quintessential LUSH product and a perfect pick if you’ve never tried our Bath Bombs before. Immerse yourself in creamy, soya milky swirls of pink and purple. Inhale the come-hither fragrance of jasmine, clary sage and ylang ylang and let your imagination run wild. The steamy fragrance will put you in the mood and wash away your lonely blues. Emerge with soft, sexy scented skin and you’ll feel like a Sex Bomb made for lovin’.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    _
    When I plopped the bomb into the water, it took around 2 minuted for the whole thing to disappear, leaving the rose petals behind. I thought the rose petals were real, but they werent! They were made of something else. When I smelled it, it made me think of the “bread” that you take when you go to Catholic church. (Yes, my parents are really religious so we always go to a weekend mass). The texture was kind of slippery and I figured that since theyre not real, might as well mush them up. I honestly thought the rose petals was a soap or something that would also melt in the water. Oh! like a bath melt!! But it wasnt. =[
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    Smell: Very floral, made me relax and think of gardens but did not make me feel any sexier though. I guess a spicier scent would do it. The floral scents lingered on my skin after the shower, but only for a little bit.
    Color: I used the whole ball in my bath tub, and it turned the water into a pink and purple color! love it! The water was also very moisturizing and silky soft it wrapped around my entire body.
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    The only thing I did not like personally was, it left my hair kind of stiff. I dont usually wet my whole head when I am spending hours in my bath tub, but I could not avoid getting half of my hair wet. And the water made it stiff like hell! =( Even when I showered after , it took a while before my hair turned soft. I guess the skin got all the benefits! I don’t think the name fits the bath bomb though.. =/
    Would I repurchase? Not everytime, more like when there’s a deal going on where you have to spend this amount of $$$ to get something for free. This would be my Top 2 in my list of floral bath bombs.
    Oh and I did a little research, the rose petals are made out of rice paper! Not edible though. So please do not think lazy in the water and eat them! Mush them instead.
    <3

http://iammakeup.tumblr.com/

Anyone have twitter? let me know! http://twitter.com/iammakeupnina

Canadian Banana
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

If anyone wants to know ..

Spring Fling Chat Party is April 15th from 2 – 9 pm (PST)
    Come and chat with your favorite LUSHies and get your chance to win fabulous prizes.
    Plus there will be tons of new and limited products available!

Here’s a peek at everything we have to offer.

Limited Edition shower gels (available in medium & large):
    • Aura Suavis $16.95/250ml $25.95/500ml
    • Avoshower $16.95/250ml $25.95/500ml
    • Honey Hugs $16.95/250ml $25.95/500ml
    • The Comforter $16.95/250ml $25.95/500ml

7 lovely new products:
    • Happy Blooming melt $6.95
    • Space Girl bath bomb $4.95
    • Turkish Delight shower smoothie $29.95
    • Crème Anglais body cream $44.95
    • Mint Julip lip scrub $8.95
    • Sweet lips lip scrub $8.95
    Bubble Gum lip scrub $8.95

Wait…there’s still more!
    • Color Supplements: Light Pink, Dark Pink & Light Yellow, Dark Yellow $13.95 ea
    • Full of Grace Serum $13.95
    • Saving Face Serum $13.95

And we mustn’t forget the flat rate shipping:

In Canada
    $7 ground for packaged under 3kg
    $10 ground for packages over 3kg

In US

$6 ground on orders under 6lbs
    $10 ground on orders over 6lbs

$8 for 2 day service on orders under 6lbs
    $12 for 2 day service on orders over 6lbs

Phew that’s a lot of stuff. Now we are super excited…we hope you are too.
    See you all at the chat!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I love LUSH! That being said, I usually only buy stuff there on boxing day because of their Buy 1, Get 2 Free promo. I stock up for the year. lol. Otherwise it's much to expensive.

I'm not a big fan of bath bombs, so I rarely ever buy bath bombs at Lush (expept for the butterball one - and I only put in half of it at a time and then something else).

I adore the Bubble Bars at Lush. A little really goes a long way! One bar can last me up to 4-5 baths and they really bubble!

Canadian Banana
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

if you want to get ANY Lush products online, do it on April 15! shipping cost only $7 UNDER 3kg!

Trading Score
    164 (100%)

I am a huge LUSHie but only get to places that have LUSH stores once or twice a year. I sometimes buy them off E-bay but find unless LUSH offers free online shipping, it costs too much to ship their stuff to me. I love their Honey I Washed the kids soap and perfume pot, along with their Comfort bubble bar and any of their Candy Fluff scented products. I am a huge fan of vanilla but their Vanillary products left me with wanting to throw them out. DH loves their shaving cream and their massage bars (Therapy and Wiccy), but we've notice Wiccy isn't as thick as they used to be and dissolves rapidly. It used to last 3 months or more, now it dissolves much more quickly.

Anyways, if anyone wants more opinions on LUSH products, please let me know, as I have tested a lot of them

Happy Hump-day
    Last edited by eriluo; Wed, Apr 14th, 2010 at 11:08 AM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I love their Chocolate Whipstick Lip balm! It smells so yummy and the tin lasts a long time.

Volcano Foot Mask is great for tired, stinky feet, especially if you stand all day.

King of Skin body butter is great for dry skin, but don't use it in the shower - just use it on damp skin, that way it lasts much longer.
    Last edited by iheartcoupons; Fri, Apr 16th, 2010 at 03:12 AM.

Canadian Banana
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by iheartcoupons View Post
    I love their Chocolate Whipstick Lip balm! It smells so yummy and the tin lasts a long time.

Volcano Foot Mask is great for tired, stinky feet, especially if you stand all day.

King of Skin body butter is great for dry skin, but don't use it in the shower - just use it on damp skin, that way it lasts much longer.
    What do they smell like? curious ..

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by enjae View Post
    What do they smell like? curious ..
    Whipstick is chocolate and orange, but I only notice the chocolate.

King of Skin is banana-y.

Volcano is cinnamon-y and makes your feet tingly warm.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love Ocean Salt! I've gone back and bought this product 3x now.
    I've also used Grease Lightening (tea tree oil gel) for spot acne treatment
    Next product i want to try is the tea tree oil toner!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i have to say i love almost all of LUSH products,because of the fact they are more natural then most,a lot even vegan!And they have expiry dates and made on dates so u know they are fresh!and they are HANDMADE thats why the cost more.
    They are worth every penny i think,i wear there KARMA perfume and get so many compliments on it !
    remember everything we put on our skin is absorbed into our body,wouldnt you want stuff with less chemicals in it ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information