User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Am I the only one who has trouble using coupons at the Wal-Mart on Upper James? They always give me a hard time! They make me feel like I'm stealing something, no matter what!! Even on days when I only have ONE coupon, I get attitude like it's a big bother for them. The cashiers roll their eyes and sigh at me. Am I doing something wrong????

Today I used a big five coupons:

I was purchasing the following:
    2 x Quantum Finish PM to Zellers @ $4.99 with 2 x 6.00 printable coupons
    1 x Great Value bread @ 1.97
    6 x Gillette shaving cream @ 1.27 with 2 x $5WUB 3
    2 x Olay travel size @ 1.53 with 1 x $5WUB 2

According to my in-store calculations, they would owe me $1.42 (including all applicable taxes)

The cashier had to ring through my order twice, and had me paying them $5.16 (same result, both times. which included something like 1.35 purchase price, and something like 3.45 tax ~ not completely sure of the figures) I said "how is it $5.16???" the cashier made the snarky remark of "well there's going to be taxes".

So I paid, left, and totaled it all up outside the store, and came back into the store with my results. (which were the same as the pre-cash register, in-store calculation) I went to CS, and it took 4 employees and 45 minutes to figure it out.

They didn't want to give me my change, saying that the register would be off at the end of the day. I had to point out that they would be over by not giving me the change. It was a real struggle to get $1.42 returned to me (the correct amount, from what I could understand), as well as the original $5.16.

Does anybody have a ridiculous struggle every time they go to this Wal-Mart, or is it just me?? Any tips on how to make my WM shopping trips a little more enjoyable when it comes to using coupons?? The employees always make me feel like such a tool!
    This thread is currently associated with: Olay, Walmart, Zellers

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have also had bad experiences there using coupons... I don't even bother going there now.. I drive the extra to Ancaster or Rymal Road.. I have never had a hassel at either of those.

Trading Score
    422 (100%)

The Waterdown Walmart is normally really good with coupons. I have never had an issue there! (Ok, maybe once with a very grouchy older lady, lol)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't had too many issues with this Walmart, I do the majority of my shopping here. I do cashier shop and have been lucky to have gotten the same woman the last two times. I will always try to seek her out (wish I could remember her name) if her line is not too long. They do take forever to read each coupon which drives me crazy as I have a toddler in the cart and if there is a problem the floor manager who comes over does seem to have some attitude. I always try to be super helpful, like put all the coupon stuff at the end and I have at times put them in the same order on the belt as in the stack of coupons, but that's just me trying to be "super extra nice" so they don't fight me on the coupons.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    24 (93%)

In find most of the Walmart cashiers are really taking their time reading the coupons and are even hesitant to take them. The last cashier I had took every one of my coupons (I was only using 4) to the CSM to approve them. The cashier apologized to me and said that she was written up for accepting a coupon for $.25 off something because it was an expired coupon and they deducted the $.25 off of her pay check and it has happened to other cashiers too so now she is terrified of making any more mistakes.

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I avoid the Upper James Walmart...my husband refuses to go there. They never seem to have what we're looking for and the service is ridiculous. Every single time we decide to give it another chance, we come out disappointed.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I have had problems with all 3 locations lol. I think it depends on the cashier because I also have had good experiance at all 3 of them. My latest huge blow up was at Ancaster when a manger refussed to price match and take my coupons. I asked to see a manger she said she was one. I wasn't going to put up with that stood there arguing nothing I should of asked to see another one because I lost out on free beneful. I called Customer Service Line when I got home she said no the coupons should of been taken. She said she is going to file report and call the Walmart. The very next day a more head manger called said sorry and the other manger has been spoken to. She asked me to come in to redo it but I don't drive. It was very frustrating experiance. There is an older lady at Upper James I refuse to go to because I swear my food is cooking while she is reading the fine print she takes that long. I can see going over them but she is REALLY bad. Now the one at Rymal I had a complaint about the cashier won't get into but she was rude I went right to the head cashier/manger lady wearing red and she said she was very sorry for her attitude, she is a coupon person herself and loves coupons....as I walked away I was shocked to see she pulled her right off cash and put a replacment in.

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

KK7...I had a similar issue at Ancaster WM....they wouldn't allow me to pricematch & use a coupon. The manager came over and he said NO, that I could do one or the other, but not both. So I told him I'd actually do neither and that I'd go to No Frills to get the sale and use a coupon. He huffed off muttering "go ahead" under his breath. My husband called up Walmart and spoke to "Clint" who promised that it would never be an issue again and that I am more than welcome to come there and pricematch & coupon all I want and if there's an issue, ask for Clint. He said he'd straighten them all out. I haven't had a problem since.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

thanks kelly will have to keep his name in my mind lol

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Now the one at Rymal I had a complaint about the cashier won't get into but she was rude I went right to the head cashier/manger lady wearing red and she said she was very sorry for her attitude, she is a coupon person herself and loves coupons....as I walked away I was shocked to see she pulled her right off cash and put a replacment in.
    You were shocked? Did you ask the head cashier for the policy or something that would not have caused the cashier swap? Now the cashier will have told others at the store, if she still has her job.

Wal-mart must be more concerned in keeping the cash registers running than keeping staff. Heck, did some stores not take out cash registers in favour of express checkouts? Morale must be based on $$$ during one's shift.

It is one thing to be a customer and get the full custemer service you expect or hope for but being the employee on the other end of a retail transaction can be very hard (mgmt. sales goals, rules that mgmt. break on the sales floor, rude customers, impossible customers). We all have to remember we choose to deal with people, not machines that leave one cold.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Apr 21st, 2011 at 08:09 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    You were shocked? Did you ask the head cashier for the policy or something that would not have caused the cashier swap? Now the cashier will have told others at the store, if she still has her job.

Wal-mart must be more concerned in keeping the cash registers running than keeping staff. Heck, did some stores not take out cash registers in favour of express checkouts? Morale must be based on $$$ during one's shift.

It is one thing to be a customer and get the full custemer service you expect or hope for but being the employee on the other end of a retail transaction can be very hard (mgmt. sales goals, rules that mgmt. break on the sales floor, rude customers, impossible customers). We all have to remember we choose to deal with people, not machines that leave one cold.

umm I pretty sure I don't have to justify myself to you but yes she was rude you were not there and I refuse to tell the story to someone who does not understand it......I am a single mother who has been out of work for a long time and HAVE NEVER EVER treated a cashier like crap. So please keep your opions to yourself if you have nothing nice to say.
    Last edited by KK7; Thu, Apr 21st, 2011 at 10:22 PM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Ancaster took out the self-serve and put in a bunch of new registers, yet they never seem to be open anyway....I wonder what that was all about???

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Kelly I beleive but don't quote me that people were more happy with a real person, the Ancaster always has a ton of cashiers on till it is ALWAYS busy.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

BigWillie - Thats horribel that the management would do that to a cashier for .25 cents. Have to feel for these cashiers sometimes. No wonder they are hesitant to take coupons. Seriously wirtten up for accpting a .25 expired coupon and then taking out of her cheque.

I think we have to encourage couponers to play by the rules. If your coupon is expired dont use it. Your only hurting couponing by doing so.

Now, if it was only expired by days I still dont use them but seriously most likely they would still get credited because if you use a coupon on the last days its still going to take time to get back to the company.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just returned from Upper James WM & used my Meow Mix freebie printable.

Cashier took it, but not before telling me next time to leave the coupon intact on it's sheet so that they can read the website it came from.

How is the Rymal Ancaster WM with printables ???

Never met a dog or coupon I didn't like.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information