User Tag List

Trading Score
    422 (100%)

Hi all,

I was thinking of making a few donation bags/ baskets for the Burlington Womens Shelter (possibly one in Hamilton too). I was just wondering if anyone has done this before? I haven't contacted them and was wondering if they accept donations of personal care/ beauty items? What are the most wanted items? etc....

If you know anything please post =)

Thanks so much,
    Crystal
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    422 (100%)

Just found this link:
    http://haltonwomensplace.com/pages/S...eeds-List.html

If anyone else is interested please let me know, maybe we can do this together! I would love to teach my DD the importance of helping others.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Nik is from Burlington and is planning a shelter donation. I gave her a big bag of extras to donate maybe you could get in touch with her. If you're ever donating to the food bank PM me. I'm moving soon and have ALOT of recently bought food I won't want to move with me but knowing me I'll have it sitting in a box for a month before I take it anywhere lol.

Nik
    Female
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Yes indeed I am doing this, thanks Pink !

PM me

Trading Score
    422 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PinkLincoln View Post
    Nik is from Burlington and is planning a shelter donation. I gave her a big bag of extras to donate maybe you could get in touch with her. If you're ever donating to the food bank PM me. I'm moving soon and have ALOT of recently bought food I won't want to move with me but knowing me I'll have it sitting in a box for a month before I take it anywhere lol.
    Never really thought about the food bank! If I decide to make a donation there soon I'll definetly get in touch with you, THANKS =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    Yes indeed I am doing this, thanks Pink !

PM me
    Pm'ing u!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

With all the free food you can accumulate why not!!! Lol!! I have soo much I need to get rid of, but yeah pm me if you ever do a food bank donation. Good shepperd shelter in Hamilton also takes clothing and furniture and it goes back to poor/homeless in the community so you can always contact them too, I dont know if they do pick ups but the salvation army does if you are ever getting rid of furniture, rather be recycled then sit in a landfill!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    32 (100%)

We are making a donation to the food bank tomorrow. We are donating food as well as personal items. I recieved a bag in my paper today and I know that it isn't going to be big enough.. LOL.. My fiance was a little put off that I wanted to donate stuff now instead of waiting for Christmas but there are families in need in our community and I would love to help them out.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Hamilton Spectator had recently published an item about Hamilton City Council giving the food banks some money to help put stock on the shelves. People are hungry all through the year and with this cold start to spring, food matters.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Rain if you ever go again let me know, tomorrow I'm in Barrie so I can't help you buy PM me any time and I'll get together a big box for you to take in for me

Thread Information