User Tag List

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I'm hoping someone who has shopped at an LD in Edmonton recently can help me understand their new policy.

Do they accept stacking if a coupon says "Limit one coupon per purchase per customer"? Most coupons say this.

Is it just coupons that say (somthing like) 'cannot be combined with any other offer' that they won't stack?

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs
    "We do not inherit the earth from our parents; we borrow it from our children." ~ Chief Seattle

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I had the new p&g coupons that said not to be combinded with any other manufactures coupons. But i was able to stack them at South Common LD. Limit one coupon in LD eyes mean 1 like coupon as long as its different it is fine.

EdmontonSaver EdmontonChristine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

The only people who have said that are the people living in BC from what I can tell. I personally asked and was told it is up to the individual store if they will not accept them. I goto london drugs all the time, I even went today and again No issue. So no need to worry, in Edmonton we are safe At least at this point, lol

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

So what about the new coupons, that say "strictly prohibited"?? I'm getting so confused!!

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonChristine View Post
    The only people who have said that are the people living in BC from what I can tell. I personally asked and was told it is up to the individual store if they will not accept them. I goto london drugs all the time, I even went today and again No issue. So no need to worry, in Edmonton we are safe At least at this point, lol

EdmontonSaver EdmontonChristine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Well like I said it appears it is up to the store in how they respond to the wording, but thus far in Edmonton they are accepting them. Majority of coupons say cannot be combined and LD still gets around that...so I don't know how they do it but they do.

Vacation over too soon! winkerstones's Avatar
    Trading Score
    283 (100%)

thanks for straightening this out. I've been holding off going to LD.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I was at south common yesterday and the woman at customer service was AWESOME! She hardly even looked at any of my coupons, just put them all into piles according to dollar amount and then entered each stack as one amount. Fastest trip ever!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Regarding LD's coupon accepting policy, there is no ' new policy'. Some manufacturer's coupons have modified some of their ' guidelines and or rules', concerning combining or 'stacking', of coupons. I spoke with the store manager, Bill, at the WEM location, and he explained that while he is more than okay with accepting any and all coupons( providing they meet the criteria-Canadian/ valid date/ specified product/ etc.,)it is ultimately up to and at the discretion of the store manager. As far as LD is concerned, they welcome 'coupon stackers' !! The store not only gets full reimbursement for each coupon submitted, but also an additional aprrox. 15-25 cents on each submitted coupon! You see, it makes good business sense for retailers to accept, encourage and welcome coupon stacking.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Forgot one more tidbit of info re:LD's coupon accepting policy. Apparently, certain individuals( you know who you are) have taken advantage of LD's ( North End) coupon stacking, for ' resale' shopping! That's right, a couple individuals were spotted at a local flea market, just a few days after a huge shopping trip to LD. They had a mountain of coupons, and had tables set up, reselling everything at marked up prices!! Really people?! That is just wrong, and you will ruin this for everyone else! Ultimately, what you do with your purchases is your business( donate what you don't or can't use), but if you get greedy, the stores will change their policies, and not to our advantage!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coolmum95 View Post
    Forgot one more tidbit of info re:LD's coupon accepting policy. Apparently, certain individuals( you know who you are) have taken advantage of LD's ( North End) coupon stacking, for ' resale' shopping! That's right, a couple individuals were spotted at a local flea market, just a few days after a huge shopping trip to LD. They had a mountain of coupons, and had tables set up, reselling everything at marked up prices!! Really people?! That is just wrong, and you will ruin this for everyone else! Ultimately, what you do with your purchases is your business( donate what you don't or can't use), but if you get greedy, the stores will change their policies, and not to our advantage!
    Disgusting! Not to mention the fact that I'm pretty sure the verbiage on some coupons states that they can't be used if the product is going to be purchased for resale.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

WHAT!? they are reselling?! which flea market, superflea? lol
    that is awful!

i hope LD realizes who they are and stop giving them service/letting them use coupons. They are probably the reason why shelves get emptied

And i love the cashiers at WEM so nice

Quote Originally Posted by coolmum95 View Post

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Reselling - OMG!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi there! Yes, I recently( Monday) shopped at a London Drugs(WEM) store, and used multiple coupons. There is no ' new policy', according to the CSR that was ringing in my merchandise. Because of the greedy practices by a few individuals(reselling their great deals at Flea Markets-North-East end), some coupon manufacturers are starting to clamp down. Technically, what a person does with their 'stuff' is their business, unfortunately, the manufacturers of certain items worry about the integrity of their products. It also comes down to the discretion of the store manager, who has the final say. Good Luck! -Rima-Edmonton

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Don't hold off anymore! Staff at Customer Service, at LD-WEM- are awesome, really. They're not only efficient and friendly, they encourage and totally support coupon stacking. In fact, a couple of the ladies even suggest tips for easy shopping. On one of my recent visits, one of the cashiers pointed out that some ' get for free' coupons even include the GST. So, if you come across any, it's really helpful and time saving to just circle those specific coupons with a highlighter pen. If I've learned anything at all about the art of couponing, it's being ORGANIZED!! It's win-win for everyone!-Rima-Edmonton

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Legally, there isn't much LD can do about controlling what people sell at these so-called flea-markets. I do know that the police have a team of investigators that work the Pawn Shop detail, and depending on tips from the public, will conduct random searches of garage sales and flea markets, looking for possible stolen merchandise and property( from victims of theft, robberies and break & enters). One would have to be extremely careful in proving when and where this is happening.-Rima-edmonton

Thread Information