User Tag List

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

My cashier at the Clareview WM new nothing about the new policy and she insisted on ringing in most of the items I had coupons for in separate transactions. This took forever and there was a major line up being a Saturday. I can only imagine what trying to explain the overage allowance to her would have been like.

I called and spoke to the asst. manager and she was aware of the recent policy changes and I told her that it is extremely frustrating when the cashiers are not aware.

I almost never shop at WM and this is just another reason why.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by bnjj; Sat, Apr 23rd, 2011 at 05:01 PM.
    "We do not inherit the earth from our parents; we borrow it from our children." ~ Chief Seattle

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

oh boy that's sounds like a trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Yeh, I've had this happen too. Unfortunately WM isn't very good at communicating the "new" policies to the cashiers! The managers know about it but then don't tell them--how are they suppose to accept the coupons if they don't even know the policy? It baffles me that when I shop at WM I usually know more about their policy than the person behind the till.
    I understand your frustration! Hopefully if we continue to "educate" them they will eventually learn!

EASY PAYPAL $$ - GetCashForSurveys - receive $50 free when you take your first paid survey! Brand new site--now open to Canadian residents, reserve your spot before it's full--get paid for your opinion!

My Wish List in under 'About Me' on my profile page

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ugh! It's things like this that really make me wonder if its even worth it! some days its really not. but i suppose the good outweighs the bad. although i agree, its silly that the cashiers at wm don't seem to know anything, it should be part of their job

Trading Score
    123 (98%)

I went to terwillegar today and had to laugh....My cashier...poor thing:

Anyhoo, breakdown I bought 112 items (including movie and WII game) total came to 128.30.
    Had 8 ADIDAS deo (2.27 ea - 2.00) she reads them ALL of them to see if they say something different (same coupon...same wording) and says You cant use these. Only one per purchase. So I looked at her and said "Well, I am absolutely fine with 8 transactions if you would like to do that" I then stated that each item is a purchase (in a polite manner of course) and she turned red and rang them all through LOL.
    I think she was really flustered because every item had a coupon and she wanted them with the items.
    Oh Walmart....cute cashiers with limited training and people skills
    I am currently grossly behind on ratings... I promise to catch up asap...life has just become super duper crazy!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Wow, really? She broke them up into seperate transactions? A lot of cashiers will tell you that you need to leave the store and come back. You got your savings instead of being told to stuff it. It was a minor inconvenience for what I'm assuming is a rather large savings. That's the way I'd look at it anyway.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

one per purchase is not the same as one per transaction

Almost every cashier should know that--I've been a cashier (at SOF back in the day) and that was one wording that we were specifically taught to learn--purchase is on each item, transaction is the whole of everything you are buying.
    I run into cashiers who don't get that either...so frustrating to try and explain it to them.

EASY PAYPAL $$ - GetCashForSurveys - receive $50 free when you take your first paid survey! Brand new site--now open to Canadian residents, reserve your spot before it's full--get paid for your opinion!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by etown View Post
    I went to terwillegar today and had to laugh....My cashier...poor thing:

Anyhoo, breakdown I bought 112 items (including movie and WII game) total came to 128.30.
    Had 8 ADIDAS deo (2.27 ea - 2.00) she reads them ALL of them to see if they say something different (same coupon...same wording) and says You cant use these. Only one per purchase. So I looked at her and said "Well, I am absolutely fine with 8 transactions if you would like to do that" I then stated that each item is a purchase (in a polite manner of course) and she turned red and rang them all through LOL.
    I think she was really flustered because every item had a coupon and she wanted them with the items.
    Oh Walmart....cute cashiers with limited training and people skills
    Funny, though doesn't surprise me one bit; the Adidas coupons were the only ones my cashier would ring in all in one transaction because they didn't say "one per purchase".
    "We do not inherit the earth from our parents; we borrow it from our children." ~ Chief Seattle

Trading Score
    123 (98%)

Lol
    I am currently grossly behind on ratings... I promise to catch up asap...life has just become super duper crazy!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krempy View Post
    one per purchase is not the same as one per transaction

Almost every cashier should know that--I've been a cashier (at SOF back in the day) and that was one wording that we were specifically taught to learn--purchase is on each item, transaction is the whole of everything you are buying.
    I run into cashiers who don't get that either...so frustrating to try and explain it to them.
    This! Heck even working at fast food joints when i was a teenager i was taught this! I swear half the people who are on cash these days aren't trained at all! It's so frustrating for everyone involved when someone isn't trained properly, especially the person lacking the training. I just don't understand why they can't take like an hour to train their cashiers on new policies and such. or at least have the policies posted at the till so they can read them.

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

And I was told that WM staff have a rah rah meeting every morning!! Why can they not be updated with important stuff like new policies? It must be really frustrating to work there.

Mind you, Zellers cashiers are the grumpiest I have seen so far!

Busy Bee
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ive been very lucky at superstore store had a nice cashier who rang in separate transactions for coupons and didnt make a big fuss.Zellars are the ones who give me a hard time with coupons.

Be a little kinder than necessary,remember everyone is fighting their own battles.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I apologize, I had to revisit this thread and add my experience:
    warning: rant ahead

I was at WM tonight and the cashier had to take my $1 oasis printable coupon over to the manager and then come back and said she can't accept it. I asked to speak to the manager (very politely). Then she paged him, and he came over...finally, he told me that ALL internet coupons from now on have to SCAN or they won't accept them

He finally did take my $1 Oasis coupon ("just this time") but he continued to explain that there are websites that you can "create your own coupons" and the fraud is costing WM too much money so now they HAVE TO SCAN!?! Since when? I was embarrassed to say the least, and by the time I left there was 9 people in line behind me (only 2 tills open) and I felt awful. Plus I was in a hurry to get home to make supper for my family and checking out with 15 or so items took over 15 min.

It just makes me want to take my business elsewhere. I won't be using my Oasis coupon there anymore...I could have easily gotten the same juice at NF just down the road and they never give me any hassle with coupons.

On a side note, I wonder why the manager didn't take into consideration the long line up behind me and the fact that those customers were getting impatient and they might lose more business by taking so long to accept my $1 coupon...way more than IF it was a fraudulent coupon??? Sometimes they just don't get the big picture. Just my 2 cents. I felt bad for making the people behind me wait over such a small issue, but I wanted an explanation as to why they wouldn't take my juice coupon. And this wasn't an overage or anything...just a plain old $1 off printable coupon from the manufacturer website. Just think of the line up if I had purchased a nivea for $1.57 with a $2 coupon! yikes!!!

ok, rant over.

I just had to share that....I'm sorry to beat the WM dead horse...I'm just frustrated with the cashier's lack of training and the management's inability to accommodate coupon shoppers.
    btw, this was the Ft. Sask. location. I've never had an issue @ Sher. Park...they are always much better with coupon shoppers, and I've concluded that my Fort location is poorly managed, imo.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That is so funny that you would say that about the SP walmart. I was just there tonight and it took 25 min to pay for 11 items. The problem was the travel size Olay that I used 2 $5 coupons and 1 $2 coupon. First the cashier had to find a manager - 10 min, then the manager had to call head office 5 min, then she comes to ring in the coupons and says they if she applies the overage to my bill then it will make the cashier's till out. So I pay for everything THEN she returns $4.58 to me in cash. WHAT A FREAKING GONG SHOW!

Thread Information